Guess?

Be The First To
Add Photos

Guess? Vice Chairman and CEO Paul Marciano

Paul Marciano

Pros:
  • "Great fashions, excellent employee discount and good athmosphere"
    in 29 reviews
  • "Everyday 40% discount regular priced items and 20% off sale"
    in 27 reviews
Cons:
  • "No incentives if your store isn't top door, but high sales goals"
    in 21 reviews
  • "While most upper management was pretty fair, there was some politics that got in the way sometimes"
    in 16 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Sauron, Satan and Hitler would not last a day in this horrible institution.

Desk and Stock (Current Employee)
    Vaughan, ON (Canada)

Prosemployee discount, long lunch break

Consexploitative work culture, paying very little and expecting slave labor, pressure to wear GUESS clothing and refusing to pay for it when demanded for special events, poor training, guess is literally stitches trying trying to be prada in terms of the quality of their clothing, long mandatory hours of work, incompetent management

Advice to Senior Managementmake better clothes, pay your employees more for the work you expect, train better, go back to the 80's when you were relevant and there weren't better fashion choices out there like today

it was a dead end job

Stock Associate (Current Employee)
    Queens Village, NY

Prosco worker was good, play alot of truth and dare , no one had a personal issues with one another

Consmanagers was unprofessional they was sleeping with each other and outted there business in front of customers and workers

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Pay isn't bad, management is severely lacking

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
    Skokie, IL

ProsEveryone except the management in my location was really great
    Decent discount

ConsPetty, drama-oriented management who didn't get along with each other
    Mandatory unpaid monthly meetings (makes sense for managers since they are salaried, but for assistant managers it's just unfair)
    Company promotes wearing bodycon dresses and other skimpy attire to work - very unprofessional in my opinion (upper management constantly told me I dressed "too plain" and literally made fun of me for not wanting to wear stilettos and tight dresses to work)

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Slaves

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsI guess it is easy to use discount and your get discount on Gc watches.

Conspay, expect you to work extra hours, bad management

Advice to Senior Managementstop paying slave labour £6 p/h no commission to staff!

Eye Opening

Production Manager (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsEmployee discount on clothing - if you're into this brand of clothing (pretty much copying all the competitors in the market anyway)

Cons-no room for advancement
    -pay is lousy
    -up until this last Nov it was all about who could give the most money under the table to the senior directors/VP of each division, which is how they decided who would manufacture the clothing (had a huge shake up & fired some senior employees that had been there for about 20 years, however I doubt this has changed the methods internally)
    -HR dept is a joke

Advice to Senior Managementclearly you are incapable of taking any suggestions, so there's no point in leaving suggestions. Its unfortunate this is a PUBLIC company - if only the stock holders knew what is really going on inside the walls of this "empire."

Unprofessional

Co-Manager (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat discount, get to wear jeans to work

ConsNo structure, no corporate support, very high turnover in management

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company needs to pay close attention to the type of managers they hire. There should be leadership and coaching skills. They also should reevaluate their training program and who does the training. Take care of your employees! When an employee gets injured on the job do not make them work or threaten their job security when they clearly can not perform their duties. Mileage was never paid until almost a year later and then it still was not right. There was no work/life balance. When scheduling was an issue (closing every fri/sat night for 4 months straight) and brought to Dms attention nothing was ever done nor talked about with SM.

Terrible

Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Burnaby, BC (Canada)

ProsStore discounts, overall the staff was friendly. Some managers were really good. Some were not.

ConsManagement bias, unorthodox ways. Store had shrinkage 80 percent from internal staff 20 percent from external theft. Yet management only cared about the 20 percent. Very suspicious.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is the problem. Too much witch-hunting.

racial profiling

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Prosnothing stood out for me

Consover worked and under paid. I was employed of a PT basis and was told up to 15hrs/wk the 2 and half months I was there I didn't work up to 15hrs; meanwhile, the "white" girl that was hired same day as me got shifts and was more welcomed by the staffs and management. I always exceeded my daily sales target, so I wasn't sure why I wasn't getting shifts because that was the requirement to work more hours. I missed my shift (only 4hours for the whole week) based on a staff giving me wrong info and I got fired just like that and the company talks about taking care of the staff not true. In total the money I worked for the 2 & half months can not buy me a dress from Guess.

Advice to Senior ManagementSend schedule to staff via email, to advice any misunderstanding and try to make sure that the workers at different location are welcoming new hires equally and look pass the colour of one's skin

Typical clothing retail job

Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Jackson, NJ

ProsSome people were nice to work with

ConsWasn't always put on schedule
    Management communication was terrible

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with associates, especially when you change the schedule!

Politics and favoritism

Manager (Current Employee)
    Las Vegas, NV

ProsPay is very good and benefits are good as well. Merchandise is very nice.

ConsBad managers, too many direction, too much change, never happy with your work the minute you stop kissing up to them

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your eyes and know who your key managers and employees are. this company has so much potential but yet so horrible with their DM's

Worked for Guess?? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Guess? reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Guess? CEO Paul Marciano. All 274 reviews posted anonymously by Guess? employees.