Guess?

Be The First To
Add Photos

Guess? Vice Chairman and CEO Paul Marciano

Paul Marciano

Pros:
  • "Everyday 40% discount regular priced items and 20% off sale"
    in 27 reviews
  • "Employee discount on clothing - if you're into this brand of clothing (pretty much copying all the competitors in the market anyway)"
    in 26 reviews
Cons:
  • "Sales goals hard to meet with insufficient traffic"
    in 14 reviews
  • "very disorganized and the upper management will promised things but they will not deliver"
    in 12 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Sales Slaves

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
London, England (UK)

I worked at Guess? part-time for more than a year

ProsI guess it is easy to use discount and your get discount on Gc watches.

Conspay, expect you to work extra hours, bad management

Advice to Senior Managementstop paying slave labour £6 p/h no commission to staff!

Eye Opening

Production Manager (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Guess? full-time for more than a year

ProsEmployee discount on clothing - if you're into this brand of clothing (pretty much copying all the competitors in the market anyway)

Cons-no room for advancement
-pay is lousy
-up until this last Nov it was all about who could give the most money under the table to the senior directors/VP of each division, which is how they decided who would manufacture the clothing (had a huge shake up & fired some senior employees that had been there for about 20 years, however I doubt this has changed the methods internally)
-HR dept is a joke

Advice to Senior Managementclearly you are incapable of taking any suggestions, so there's no point in leaving suggestions. Its unfortunate this is a PUBLIC company - if only the stock holders knew what is really going on inside the walls of this "empire."

Unprofessional

Co-Manager (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at Guess? full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat discount, get to wear jeans to work

ConsNo structure, no corporate support, very high turnover in management

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company needs to pay close attention to the type of managers they hire. There should be leadership and coaching skills. They also should reevaluate their training program and who does the training. Take care of your employees! When an employee gets injured on the job do not make them work or threaten their job security when they clearly can not perform their duties. Mileage was never paid until almost a year later and then it still was not right. There was no work/life balance. When scheduling was an issue (closing every fri/sat night for 4 months straight) and brought to Dms attention nothing was ever done nor talked about with SM.

Terrible

Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Guess? part-time for more than 3 years

ProsStore discounts, overall the staff was friendly. Some managers were really good. Some were not.

ConsManagement bias, unorthodox ways. Store had shrinkage 80 percent from internal staff 20 percent from external theft. Yet management only cared about the 20 percent. Very suspicious.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is the problem. Too much witch-hunting.

racial profiling

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I worked at Guess? part-time for less than a year

Prosnothing stood out for me

Consover worked and under paid. I was employed of a PT basis and was told up to 15hrs/wk the 2 and half months I was there I didn't work up to 15hrs; meanwhile, the "white" girl that was hired same day as me got shifts and was more welcomed by the staffs and management. I always exceeded my daily sales target, so I wasn't sure why I wasn't getting shifts because that was the requirement to work more hours. I missed my shift (only 4hours for the whole week) based on a staff giving me wrong info and I got fired just like that and the company talks about taking care of the staff not true. In total the money I worked for the 2 & half months can not buy me a dress from Guess.

Advice to Senior ManagementSend schedule to staff via email, to advice any misunderstanding and try to make sure that the workers at different location are welcoming new hires equally and look pass the colour of one's skin

Typical clothing retail job

Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Jackson, NJ

I worked at Guess? part-time for less than a year

ProsSome people were nice to work with

ConsWasn't always put on schedule
Management communication was terrible

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with associates, especially when you change the schedule!

Politics and favoritism

Manager (Current Employee)
Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Guess? full-time for more than 5 years

ProsPay is very good and benefits are good as well. Merchandise is very nice.

ConsBad managers, too many direction, too much change, never happy with your work the minute you stop kissing up to them

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your eyes and know who your key managers and employees are. this company has so much potential but yet so horrible with their DM's

Guess in the Philippines

Buyer (Former Employee)
San Pedro, Laguna (Philippines)

I worked at Guess? full-time for more than a year

Prosvery good colleagues, nice people, less politics as compared to other local apparel companies in the Philippines

Conslow salary! as in very low salary. after 2 years of working, my friend got an increase of 700 pesos only (buyer position). no training! too much cost cutting! Also, employees are required to wear Guess tops and bottoms only. They will provide you 2 pairs of pants evry 3-6 months but they are the rejected ones. You are not allowed to enter the gate if you to bring your company ID and worst if you are wearing 1inch heel!

Advice to Senior Managementreview salary structure of your employees!

Just another womens clothing store..

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
North Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Guess? part-time for less than a year

ProsFlexible hours and they offer a pretty good discount. It didn't take long to get hired and they hire just about anybody even if you don't have experience in retail.

ConsThe pay is very low and there is no clear path in growing in the company. There is a lot of pressure for such basic entry level job in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time on training.

Corporate office terrible place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Guess? full-time

ProsNone that I can think of

ConsMake you clock in and out even if you are salary employee so they can track how long you work. Enforced break times. Almost like a prison. Not a fun environment.

Worked for Guess?? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Guess? reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Guess? CEO Paul Marciano. All 247 reviews posted anonymously by Guess? employees.