Guess?

www.guess.com

Guess? Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014
Guess? – Edmonton – “GUESS? Inc. West Edmonton Mall”

Guess? – Edmonton – “GUESS? Inc. West Edmonton Mall”

Guess? Vice Chairman and CEO Paul Marciano

Paul Marciano

Pros
  • Great fashions, excellent employee discount and good athmosphere (in 31 reviews)

• Everyday 40% discount regular priced items and 20% off sale (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • No incentives if your store isn't top door, but high sales goals (in 21 reviews)

• While most upper management was pretty fair, there was some politics that got in the way sometimes (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

Watch Representative

Vendor (Current Employee) Elmhurst, NY

Prosflexible schedule, well organized team and family friendly boss

Consweekends are a must, lack of hours, 20 hours max per week, no benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementFull time watch rep position would be more idle.

No Room for Growth

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe only good things about working at GUESS is the laid-back environment and some of the nice people that work there.

ConsNo room for growth--promotions seem like they're based on how long a person's been working there rather then experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote people with qualified experience, not based how long they've worked there or favoritism. Sometimes the person with the longest time working there is still in adequate at their job.

Rewarding

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsFast paced. Lots of perks. People here are great. We have a great gym and cafeteria.

ConsMorale is low. Everyone her works with fear of their jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay strong.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was an okay place to work

Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsEveryone is young and generally likes fashion

ConsSuper demanding with meeting sales goal and constantly pressuring employees to meet goal. Almost have to fight with co-workers to help customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe reasonable with sales goals so we can focus on customer service rather than just selling and making money.

Not enough hours!

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Northridge, CA

ProsLoved my co-workers very down to earth. Managers were understanding with scheduling for school events etc. Everyone worked as a team and motivated me to do my best.

ConsHours are based on sales. My store was not busy so there was a lot of pressure to make sale goals that was unrealistic. I suggest you work at a store that has a lot of traffic or you will have little hours. Feet killed me at the end if the day since the dress code prefers heels. No commission.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

good job only for holidays

Prosgreat discount, good clothes

Consfavoritism plays a huge role, DM does only focus on sells, but not operation, alot of work for a very low pay.

Advice to Senior Managementfocus more on operations and treat employees with respect

Meh

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Novi, MI

Prosfeels like a group of people just hanging out, if managers like you they're pretty chill, 40% employee discount

Consmanagers and other associates can be catty, no commission, people get very competitive to beat each others' sales goals, low pay for long hours, short breaks/lunches

Positive

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

Prospersonal growth, encouraging, employee discount. room to grow into corporate position

Consturn over. leadership. scheduling. played favorites.

I learned a lot and have been able to take that with me for future employment.

Co-Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsOne on one training, personal growth, benefits, seminars. Great promotions within the company. Can happen fairly quickly depending on how hard you work and understand the business.

ConsCompany values: upper management unprofessional.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication. Better professionalism. Don't mix business with personal life.

Loved working for this company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt's fun, has good energy, always felt it had a people first vibe (most days). There is a strong sense of loyalty found within the company, both to the brand and to it's people.

ConsWhile most upper management was pretty fair, there was some politics that got in the way sometimes. You could actually feel the tension between some upper management and their direct reports during meetings or corporate visits at times. It should be about results, not personalities.

Worked for Guess?? Contribute to the Community!