Guidance Software

Be The First To
Add Photos

Guidance Software President, CEO, and Director Victor Limongelli

Victor Limongelli

Pros
  • It's a great product and has been around for over 15 years (in 5 reviews)

• If you are interested in computer forensics, this is a good place to start (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Much of middle management, much maligned in other reviews, is gone (in 4 reviews)

• No one should ever have to work in such a toxic environment (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Interesting, Innovative Company with a Challenging, Fast-Paced enviornment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) South Pasadena, CA

ProsGreat Products! Awesome People! Smart, easy to work with above market pay. Everyone helps each other here, I've been here over 6 years... When you're an industry leader its great to see us not get comfortable. Some companies would be satisfied with that but our Sr Leadership keeps pushing forward, its fantastic to be part of this company.

ConsWe ship a product so sometimes we have to work a little extra to meet the customer demands.

Advice to Senior ManagementIts never perfect, my manager is engaging and we communicate openly.

Intelligent people with great pay

Enterprise Applications Developer (Former Employee) Pasadena, CA

Pros-Reserved stock
    -Higher-than-average pay
    -Yearly bonus
    -Yearly holiday party with huge prizes (I got 2 plane tickets)
    -Release parties (Universal studios / Cruise / Disney)
    -Team lunches
    -Team "offsite meetings" AKA "lets play pool at a bar"
    -Agile environment
    -Reduced cost cafe on site with large menu (whole meal for $4)

Best perk - Extremely nice and intelligent co-workers. Experts in many different fields.

Cons-No opportunity to work from home

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the FULL transition to Agile (Executives need to be behind Agile as well) and the company will prosper.

Awesome

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat place to work. Helpful developers all around, and management is good too.

ConsThere are no cons working here.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Pasadena, CA

ProsSmart and nice people, Management is great. Salaries are competitive.

ConsProbably not at the same salary level of the big ones. You need time to scale up.

Guidance is a dynamic sales-focused company that treats its people great and customers even better!

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe best reasons to work @ Guidance are opportunity in a field that is unsaturated, the comp plan is aggressive and the solutions are not commoditized. With corporation litigation not slowing down and security only getting tighter, our platform is solid and supports some of the largest global companies out there. Our reputation is a strong sign of our success over the past 15 years...

ConsThe only downside of this company is the FSA total is only $3000 in comparism to other company;s where it is @ least $6000.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe presidents club trips are extremely motivating! Would love to see quarterly incentives as well...

Great people to work with, great work/life balance, truly believes its corporate values

Senior Support Engineer (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

Pros- Professional, honest, friendly people to work with.
    - Excellent work/life balance, compared to other companies.
    - Believes and lives its corporate values (so far).
    - High respect for its management.
    - Very little employee turnover.

Cons- Let's see if the company can continue maintain those pro's as it grows into a larger company.
    - HR process for hiring can be long and frustrating without little communication from the recruiter.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick to your core corporate values as you expand the company. Continue to respect and trust your employees, and they will continue to perform for you. Please improve your HR process for hiring.

Company culture is changing - not so many disgruntled folks who bash after they leave

RD Development (Current Employee) Pasadena, CA

ProsWork with technology and products that actually make a difference in the world. Head down to the Training room on the 3rd floor of HQ and see investigators being taught basic and advanced techniques in digital investigations from P2P file-sharing investigations to corporate fraud and yes, counter-terrorism.

If moving the needle in society means something to you, this company has the clout and the resources to put you in a position to make a difference.

ConsWe're going through growing pains. Much of middle management, much maligned in other reviews, is gone. "groupthink" acolytes are nervous. We're undertaking some awesome stuff, but we still have to deal with the past.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on alignment of organizations outside of R&D with what the products are meant to do.
    Loyalty is for canines. Sentimentality is for your long lost flame. Make the tough decisions and earn your spot in the pantheon of execs that made a choice and lived by it.

Great company to work for!

Proswork life balance.
    great talents, supportive management

Consresistance of change. benefit could be better.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Employees are good to work with and upper management are nice people.

System Analyst (Former Employee) Pasadena, CA

ProsGood people to work with, compensation is sufficient, most managers connect well with employees.

ConsBottom line trumps everything, internal resources spread thin, products could open up from specialized markets to more mass media / general sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to achieve a better balance of focus on customer markets - the small customer is what made the company thrive and deserves to have more attention shifted back to them.

Excellent place to learn, fantastic people, not perfect

Principal Software Engineer (Former Employee) Pasadena, CA

Prosa. Extremely knowledgeable, diverse, nice people.
    b. Pleasant Pasadena location.
    c. The company owns the Forensic Software market.
    d. Some managers are awesome, among the best in the industry. (I was one of the lucky ones that had a good manager).
    e. Very productive working environment: very few meetings, fantastic coding style, deep code reviews.
    f. Cinema, barbeque from time to time.
    g. I'm an industry veteran and Guidance was the place where I've learned the most.

Consa. Promotions to leadership/management positions are rare, when they happen it is in a opaque way.
    b. Some managers are way below average.
    c. People get fired constantly for "butting heads with the wrong person".
    d. Real estate near Pasadena is expensive (not that Guidance can do anything about it).

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your middle managers, so they learn to deal with people. Create your own management talent pool, don't go always after people from outside for leadership positions. Guidance has a fantastic workforce, treat them with respect. Disrespectful managers should be provided proper guidance (no pun intended). Allow for easier lateral movement in the company.

Worked for Guidance Software? Contribute to the Community!