Guidance Software

Be The First To
Add Photos

Guidance Software President, CEO, and Director Victor Limongelli

Victor Limongelli

Pros
  • It's a great product and has been around for over 15 years(in 5 reviews)

• If you are interested in computer forensics, this is a good place to start(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Much of middle management, much maligned in other reviews, is gone(in 4 reviews)

• No one should ever have to work in such a toxic environment(in 4 reviews)

Totally lost executive management team

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe space is kind of hot and easy to talk about with prospects

ConsThe Sr. Management is lost. They would be better off setting strategy and objectives using a Weegie board. They demonstrate no respect for their employees and a complete disregard for their careers.

Advice to Senior ManagementHow about you put people into positions that have actually done the job they are trying to set strategy for.

Fun technology, good compensation, dictatorship at the top

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Pasadena, CA

ProsGood people can be found with real skills.
    Compensation appears to be above average.
    Good work life balance.

ConsNo accountability whatsoever.
    Every key decision is made at the top without seeking input from the rest of the company.
    Reinventing the wheel.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're not always right. Learn to listen to your employees.

Company culture is changing - not so many disgruntled folks who bash after they leave

RD Development (Current Employee) Pasadena, CA

ProsWork with technology and products that actually make a difference in the world. Head down to the Training room on the 3rd floor of HQ and see investigators being taught basic and advanced techniques in digital investigations from P2P file-sharing investigations to corporate fraud and yes, counter-terrorism.

If moving the needle in society means something to you, this company has the clout and the resources to put you in a position to make a difference.

ConsWe're going through growing pains. Much of middle management, much maligned in other reviews, is gone. "groupthink" acolytes are nervous. We're undertaking some awesome stuff, but we still have to deal with the past.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on alignment of organizations outside of R&D with what the products are meant to do.
    Loyalty is for canines. Sentimentality is for your long lost flame. Make the tough decisions and earn your spot in the pantheon of execs that made a choice and lived by it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interesting, Innovative Company with a Challenging, Fast-Paced enviornment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) South Pasadena, CA

ProsGreat Products! Awesome People! Smart, easy to work with above market pay. Everyone helps each other here, I've been here over 6 years... When you're an industry leader its great to see us not get comfortable. Some companies would be satisfied with that but our Sr Leadership keeps pushing forward, its fantastic to be part of this company.

ConsWe ship a product so sometimes we have to work a little extra to meet the customer demands.

Advice to Senior ManagementIts never perfect, my manager is engaging and we communicate openly.

It's become "just a job"

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Pasadena, CA

ProsPays well (although this is changing with recent job cuts and firings). It's a great product and has been around for over 15 years.

ConsMicro-management
    Lack of direction
    Lack of communication
    Its become a vindictive environment (regarding upper management)
    Company feels as though its always looking for reasons to get rid of people.
    MANY people are looking to leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest with the employees and treat them as adults.

Great company to work for!

Proswork life balance.
    great talents, supportive management

Consresistance of change. benefit could be better.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good company flushed down the drain by mismanagement

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood product; pockets of smart, talented employees

ConsPoor growth and career potential. Very poor management and upper level management. Management requires training in appropriate HR behavior, people skills. Management creates and fosters a stressful, distrustful and unpleasant culture; does not reward expertise, hard work or dedication.

Advice to Senior ManagementTime to clean house - especially at the higher levels. Recognize and reward employees.

Good place to learn the eDiscovery world from ground up

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat product, great technical talent, great clients

Conspoor management, lack strategic vision, poor execution

Guidance Software....where there is none.

Forensic Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThere are none that I can think of.

ConsEverything from workload to manager

Advice to Senior ManagementGo to business and management school

Lots of Turnover, Poor Management, and Little Governance

ProsGreat locations, people you work with are friendly

ConsHeads of Sales, Marketing, Channels, and other departments turnover constantly. You will be very lucky if you survive during these transitions. If you are junior or paid below market or there is a perceived issue associated with your termination, you will probably be OK. Very little process due to the turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to the founder and outside officers is - this is a public company so treat it like that and make the right decisions. Look at how much marketshare you've lost to rivals. You were early leaders, but you haven't been able to maintain that lead. Look at all the turnover for goodness sake. How many earnings misses are we going to hear about. How many times are investors going to hear about Conference attendence numbers, expensive reports the company has comissioned, and that the next "big" product is coming in two quarters.

Worked for Guidance Software? Contribute to the Community!