GuideSpark Reviews

Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is lots of upward mobility a Highly experienced management team that has built an excellent culture. Great kitchen and snacks.

Cons

The biggest challenge for me is commuting down to the peninsula every single day. I'm happy to do it because I love the company but it has to be something you highly consider.

Open up that SF office baby!

On the bullet train!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Hyper growth mode in terms of revenues, client base and employees- crazy growth!
    -Decent compensation
    -No micro-managing
    -Clear expectations/goals
    -Great product offering at a very reasonable price
    -Transparent management - regular all-hands meetings and clarity into company goals/issues.
    - Great executive leadership

Cons

You better be ready to deal with some speed & lack of resources.
    -Lack of training
    -Late hours
    -Over promising
    -Constant change
    -Management is very chintzy with their titles

Invest in your current employees. Make sure training is in place so that you can continue to develop your talent. The CSM org needs more bodies to ensure delivery of great customer service but you can't neglect the existing team.

To sustain growth, may need to start thinking about "standardizing" some offerings in order to build scalability.

Don't get caught up in "we've always done it this way"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at GuideSpark as a contractor

Pros

Everyone they bring on is friendly. Most are knowledgeable about their field prior to employment (on the sales side).

Interviewing process is very thorough. They want to make sure your'e a good fit before they offer you a position.

Time off policy is pretty straight forward. You'll mostly get any time off approved. They do have blackout dates where they say not to request time off. It is during the fall when most of the work comes in.

Business model is solid

Collaborative environment

Opportunities for growth in the software team. They have a great leader who assigns tasks to help his programmers learn, grow as well as benefit the company.

Growing quickly

Like many other businesses in the Bay area it has a stocked break room. Sparkling water, coffee, espresso, bananas and various other snacks for free.

As long as you are getting your work completed and effectively communicating, your managers will not be on your back.

Going with the above, you are free to take breaks whenever you please.

They provide you with a laptop.

Provide a product that helps employees at other companies understand their benefits

Have finally implemented a commuter reimbursement program

Cons

Although thorough. Like someone said previously, the hiring process is very slow. It takes a while to even hire someone for contract work.

No matching 401(k) which essentially makes it worthless

You are offered equity, vesting 25% after the first year. They dont tell you how much those shares are worth and have not provided a valuation that I'm aware of since company is still pre-IPO.

No immediate plans for IPO

No business reimbursement of phone or corporate credit card (stated before)

Do not provide you with a budget for a decent chair or an anti-fatigue standing desk mat (if they do they could at least tell their employees)

Laptops are fine for clerical, sales and the rest of the office. The Programmers, Web Devs and Designers should have more powerful desktop computers.

They're digging themselves in a hole with their software and hardware capabilities. Instead of reinventing the wheel they need to embrace current technologies and not be scared to venture out to improve their product. If they don't get past that hurdle their competition will leave them in the dust by doing things faster and higher quality.

Salary could be better

Dont lose talent because of salary. You get what you pay for.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great career opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time for more than a year

Pros

- innovative company that moves at warp speed
    - technology is constantly improving
    - great collaborative work environment
    - growth into other regions is a step in the right direction
    - strong business model which enables sales success
    - cover premiums for all benefits
    - a lot of growth opportunity within departments
    - very transparent leadership team committed to the success of the business
    - strong company culture

Cons

- slow at hiring key roles on service delivery teams
    - no 401(k) match

I can see why it was included in the Best Places to Work 2014 Awards!

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time for less than a year

Pros

The staff are so incredibly welcoming and friendly! Regardless of how many new people started recently, so many of them came over to say hi and introduce themselves to me in my first week, or send me welcoming emails. It is a cheerful working environment where everyone smiles and says hello, and chats to anyone in the kitchen, no matter what department you are from or if they know you very well. (Sounds simple, but I have worked at places where this doesn't happen!).

The CEO, Keith is also very visible and accessible - again, something you don't always get in every organization. He makes a point of meeting everyone one-on-one before they are hired, and then conducts another get-together with new hires to teach them about the company's history, goals and plans for the future, so you really get a sense of the bigger picture of what is going on around you. He tries to meet as many customers personally as he can as well, which I think is really great considering how busy he is.

The product itself is fantastic - they found a need in the workplace, and have found a product to solve so many HR problems, and they deliver it well. I have absolute confidence that the company is going to continue its great success, and as a result, I feel like we all have job security, and great futures with the company, as well as opportunity to learn and grow. So I guess you get the excitement of working at a start-up, but you can sleep at night knowing the company isn't going to go bust tomorrow. WIN-WIN!

The company as a whole is very supportive of one another, which is evident in the WINs meetings that are held every Friday afternoon, and are basically a time for co-workers to update everyone on their latest news, and congratulate one another on successes that week, which really ends each week on a positive note, and ensures that we as employees all feel like we are in it together.

It's an exciting time to join GuideSpark - they have had a HUGELY successful 2013, and I am sure in 2014 and the following years it's only going to get better!

Cons

Some of the other reviews have mentioned that they would prefer if the office was in SF, but personally I prefer the location where it is, as it is a quick commute for me and has free parking. But I suppose it depends on where you live - you can't please everyone.
    Another review mentioned that the office space was getting cramped - it was just announced a few days ago that we are going to get some extra office space soon which will alleviate this issue.
    No other cons that I can think of!

Keep doing what you are doing. While I haven't been at the company long, from what I can see, the CEO has a great team of VPs and Senior staff who love the company and help make the place a great place to work. I look forward to seeing what 2014 brings.

Always fun

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time

Pros

Company has a very strong corporate culture which encourages cross pollination and helps to build a strong product for its customers. Everyone in the company is very committed to ensuring that the guidespark's clients are satisfied.

Cons

The space is getting a little tight sometimes a lot of the corporate 'stuff' could be cut out in place of more work time.

Welcoming, hardworking, family-like, and growing efficiently..

Current Employee - Revenue Development Representative  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Revenue Development Representative in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time for less than a year

Pros

You are your own boss (sort of). Everyone has their goals, their requirements, and expectations, and they exceed them daily. There is a constant buzz in our sales pit of people reaching success, and if they are not, they are figuring out what they need to do to achieve their goals. The management is solid- they are experienced and they know when to push and when to let you do what you need to do. Overall, I feel like we are one big team, one big family, all working towards one common goal. As for the company itself, we are continuing to grow and accomplish great things. Take one look at our client list and it is obvious we are creating a really special solution.

Cons

As some others have said- an SF office or extension of an office would be a benefit to those commuting down from the city. But all in all, the HQ is not a bad place.

Push people out late at night- we all work hard- but at some point you have to go home. A lot can be accomplished in a 8-9 hour workday.

Why YOU should want to work here

Current Employee - Revenue Development Representative  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Revenue Development Representative in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time for less than a year

Pros

GuideSpark is incredible. It's that simple. Great people, great culture, great trajectory, great product. After moving across the country to work here 4 months, I couldn't be happier about my decision.

Cons

An office in downtown SF would be great, but that is my only complaint.

GuideSpark is incredibly special.

Current Employee - G&A  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - G&A in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Symbolized through an open office, GuideSpark's management strives for an open atmosphere, where honesty and open communication are key.
    - GuideSpark celebrates it's employees. While our customers are our number one priority, our employees come in as a close second. I hear our CEO and management talk openly about company culture. I hear: "How do we continue to build an amazing team? How do we reduce pain points for our employees? How to we help our employees grow in their professional lives as GuideSpark grows?"
    - My boss puts time and thought into how to help me grow in my profession. Every few months, I am asked: "Do you like your job? Are you happy here?" and I am expected to be honest in my answer. We have periodic conversations around what I want to do within the department, and we create action items to help me get there.
    - GuideSpark employees have a lot of fun. We get together as a company for randomly-timed push-up & plank breaks. When we are in a slam and needed to go beyond to get the work done, GuideSpark will bring in lunch and dinner to support us through it.
    - GuideSpark has pulled off cultivating an atmosphere that is both supportive and competitive. Our weekly wins meeting shares our successes, and it really fosters pride in our company and the drive to be a contributing force to it. We want to reach our goals because we know our personal and company-wide success is celebrated and appreciated.

Cons

- With our sudden growth, we are getting a little cramped in our current office space. This means that it can get a little loud.
    - Not close to any public transportation; although there is plenty of free parking.
    - When we do need to hire, the process is very slow.

Keep it up! I love the support, opportunity, and positive atmosphere here - you guys are great.

Outstanding leadership and opportunity!

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time for more than a year

Pros

Outstanding Leadership (upper management), I love my Boss, Company Culture

Cons

Onboarding/Training can improve, Salary can improve

Worked for GuideSpark? Contribute to the Community!