GuideSpark Reviews

Reset
4.2
Keith Kitani

1. Featured Review

Conservative, Growing Start Up with GREAT people.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time

Pros

The people who work st GuideSpark are some of the friendliest I've ever met. Nearly everyone will go out of his or her way to help out and support one another's success. Coworkers not only co-exist, but are friends and feel like family. When you work with smart, fun, determined and innovative coworkers, the job seems much better. The company itself is growing and doing well. Things look bright in the future for shareholders, which I think a lot of employees forget. When you look at the big picture, there is hard work involved in growing toward success. The leadership team is experience and qualified. Also just added an unlimited PTO policy, which affirms trust that employees are working hard and should take time off to recharge.

Cons

A lot of people talk about pay and I think this is a legitimate concern. The company is conservative when it comes to pay, but I think that comes from the top down. In order to grow and maintain a secure foundation, there aren't a lot of the "extras" you'll find in the Valley (no game room, massage chair or on-site launder). Working from home would be a HUGE plus in this company, but that doesn't seem to be across the horizon.

Advice to Management

I think if employees were given the option to work from home one day a week, it would boost morale and show appreciate and trust that employees are committed to their jobs. I also think that upper management needs to really pay attention and build relationships with the "average joes" of the company and communicate in a way that all employees can relate to - what applies to them and how decisions affect their everyday lives.

Awesome Place to be

I have been working at GuideSpark

Pros

Unbelievable atmosphere/culture. Brilliant minds collaborating. Your never pigeon-holed into a role. The organization is very flat and everyone feels like they are an important piece.

Cons

None from my point of view

Advice to Management

Keep the good vibes and culture going

No regrets so far

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-I see my experience here as a legitimately exciting opportunity to work at a start-up that really has a chance. The company has great product market fit, is currently scaling up to meet their growing demand, developing new products (exciting products) and there are lots of opportunity to see how it's done by leaders who know what they are doing.
    -The cultural is something that leadership takes very seriously. It leads to actions and unlike alot of places you will work, it's more than just snacks and goofing around. There is an atmosphere of fun, but it also translates into professional development and fulfillment.
    -As the company is scaling, we are able to bring in some really talented folks. The standards for important hires are really high and it's exciting to see that payoff.
    -I love my coworkers. There are some seriously talented people here. That really adds alot and during times of high work loads, you always have support.

Cons

I wrote more here, but there really is more good than bad at this company.

-As some folks have mentioned the pay is a bit of an issue. I can easily make more money in a similar stage start-up, and significantly more money in a larger company. However, I am committed for the moment, but this is becoming more of an issue for myself and others. I do think this will likely be addressed as there have been some issues with recruitment where this has been cited as the reason a candidate has declined. Management has thus far impressed me by responding to similar company wide grumblings and benefits are improving as we grow.
    -I have a long commute and this is a major downer for me, although carpooling has helped. The truth is, alot of start-ups are equally emphatic about not allowing people to work from home. It does make a difference to have everyone in the office. But that doesn't take away from the fact that it's just really hard. I think this is something they need to think more about, especially because all jobs can require long hours, especially during the fall.
    -Scaling is going slowly. They do recognize that the leaders who achieved market traction don't necessarily have the skills required to scale-up so they are bringing in some key leaders, but so far they have been very slow to make decisions pertaining to scaling. Lots of diligence, but we need to be moving faster and not worry about making a mistake.

Advice to Management

-Give a bump in pay.
    -Especially if you don't do the above, more needs to be in place to ensure that employees are getting a valuable experience. Especially for your smart and talented employees. There are tons of compelling problems to work on but management needs to be good enough to turn these into career development opportunities, even if the day to day work doesn't make this convenient.
    -Make filling leadership roles a major priority and make decisions faster. Mistakes are inevitable so delaying the decisions is really just taking away the you will have to iterate.

CPS Contractor During OE

Current Employee - CPS in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - CPS in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at GuideSpark

Pros

Great people and plenty of work

Cons

Horrible work-life balance, low amount of transparency, and inadequate pay

Advice to Management

Be honest with employees and involve them in discussions about the future of the company

Guidespark is a great company to work for. I believe they will get big as the time goes by.

I worked at GuideSpark

Pros

Everyone is willing to help each other.

Cons

To many people micro-managing.
    No over time for contractor's.

Advice to Management

To many meetings.

Worked to the bone with little to nothing to show for it

Current Employee - Content Department in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Content Department in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time

Pros

Great culture at times, great co-workers

Cons

Due to under-staffing and frugality of the company, employees are worked to the bone, often times pulling all-nighters, and working 8-12+ hours daily, year round. Promotions happen often with zero pay increase, workers are often taken advantage of. The pay wage is well below industry standards, it's a surprise some employees are able to make ends meet. Very few people in my department are happy with the direction of the company

Advice to Management

Create an environment which is conducive of work-life balance and pay your employees better.

Talented People and a Growing Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Experienced leadership
    - Joined and helped grow the Boston office. It's a fun group of people
    - Most talented coworkers I've ever had. Everyone helps each other to be better
    - Room for growth
    - Well stocked kitchen
    - Great company meetings with a lot of insight into the organization

Cons

- Long hours
    - High goals. They expect a lot from you

Objectively Speaking, A Loser of a Company

Current Employee - Anonymous in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at GuideSpark (Less than a year)

Pros

The only real pro is the people.

Cons

-The company's lack of real value to its customers is starting to catch up to it. (Take a look at all the five star reviews. They were all written at the same time. The more realistic ones are popping up as time passes).
    -It's not really a tech company.
    -Sales is chaos. Turnover is really bad and getting worse. Extremely aggressive with phone calls, emails, etc.
    -They don't actually create technology. Ask someone who works there. Go ahead. Look some people up on Linkein and ask them.

Great people, and lots of room for growth.

Current Employee - Designer in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Designer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time

Pros

Everyone is really forward-thinking and collaborative. Tons of interdepartmental growth for the right people. Casual environment.

Cons

Like any start up, there are processes that aren't in place. And with rapid growth comes some pains and bad hires.

Great work environment

Current Employee - Revenue Development Representative in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Revenue Development Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to grow with a fast-paced, dynamic organization. The sales team is energetic, talented, but most importantly collaborative. Everyone is very smart, giving you the opportunity to pick their brains and learn how to grow professionally. Sales leadership is incredible, very engaging and helpful, the coaching is better than I've ever experienced.

Cons

Aside from having no local IT department on hand to help with technical difficulties quickly, I would say none.

RSS Feed </> Embed