GuideSpark Reviews

4.3

Keith Kitani

Great career opportunity

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- innovative company that moves at warp speed
    - technology is constantly improving
    - great collaborative work environment
    - growth into other regions is a step in the right direction
    - strong business model which enables sales success
    - cover premiums for all benefits
    - a lot of growth opportunity within departments
    - very transparent leadership team committed to the success of the business
    - strong company culture

Cons

- slow at hiring key roles on service delivery teams
    - no 401(k) match

I can see why it was included in the Best Places to Work 2014 Awards!

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The staff are so incredibly welcoming and friendly! Regardless of how many new people started recently, so many of them came over to say hi and introduce themselves to me in my first week, or send me welcoming emails. It is a cheerful working environment where everyone smiles and says hello, and chats to anyone in the kitchen, no matter what department you are from or if they know you very well. (Sounds simple, but I have worked at places where this doesn't happen!).

The CEO, Keith is also very visible and accessible - again, something you don't always get in every organization. He makes a point of meeting everyone one-on-one before they are hired, and then conducts another get-together with new hires to teach them about the company's history, goals and plans for the future, so you really get a sense of the bigger picture of what is going on around you. He tries to meet as many customers personally as he can as well, which I think is really great considering how busy he is.

The product itself is fantastic - they found a need in the workplace, and have found a product to solve so many HR problems, and they deliver it well. I have absolute confidence that the company is going to continue its great success, and as a result, I feel like we all have job security, and great futures with the company, as well as opportunity to learn and grow. So I guess you get the excitement of working at a start-up, but you can sleep at night knowing the company isn't going to go bust tomorrow. WIN-WIN!

The company as a whole is very supportive of one another, which is evident in the WINs meetings that are held every Friday afternoon, and are basically a time for co-workers to update everyone on their latest news, and congratulate one another on successes that week, which really ends each week on a positive note, and ensures that we as employees all feel like we are in it together.

It's an exciting time to join GuideSpark - they have had a HUGELY successful 2013, and I am sure in 2014 and the following years it's only going to get better!

Cons

Some of the other reviews have mentioned that they would prefer if the office was in SF, but personally I prefer the location where it is, as it is a quick commute for me and has free parking. But I suppose it depends on where you live - you can't please everyone.
    Another review mentioned that the office space was getting cramped - it was just announced a few days ago that we are going to get some extra office space soon which will alleviate this issue.
    No other cons that I can think of!

Keep doing what you are doing. While I haven't been at the company long, from what I can see, the CEO has a great team of VPs and Senior staff who love the company and help make the place a great place to work. I look forward to seeing what 2014 brings.

Always fun

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time

Pros

Company has a very strong corporate culture which encourages cross pollination and helps to build a strong product for its customers. Everyone in the company is very committed to ensuring that the guidespark's clients are satisfied.

Cons

The space is getting a little tight sometimes a lot of the corporate 'stuff' could be cut out in place of more work time.

Welcoming, hardworking, family-like, and growing efficiently..

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You are your own boss (sort of). Everyone has their goals, their requirements, and expectations, and they exceed them daily. There is a constant buzz in our sales pit of people reaching success, and if they are not, they are figuring out what they need to do to achieve their goals. The management is solid- they are experienced and they know when to push and when to let you do what you need to do. Overall, I feel like we are one big team, one big family, all working towards one common goal. As for the company itself, we are continuing to grow and accomplish great things. Take one look at our client list and it is obvious we are creating a really special solution.

Cons

As some others have said- an SF office or extension of an office would be a benefit to those commuting down from the city. But all in all, the HQ is not a bad place.

Push people out late at night- we all work hard- but at some point you have to go home. A lot can be accomplished in a 8-9 hour workday.

Why YOU should want to work here

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time (less than an year)

Pros

GuideSpark is incredible. It's that simple. Great people, great culture, great trajectory, great product. After moving across the country to work here 4 months, I couldn't be happier about my decision.

Cons

An office in downtown SF would be great, but that is my only complaint.

GuideSpark is incredibly special.

Current Employee - G&A in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - G&A in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Symbolized through an open office, GuideSpark's management strives for an open atmosphere, where honesty and open communication are key.
    - GuideSpark celebrates it's employees. While our customers are our number one priority, our employees come in as a close second. I hear our CEO and management talk openly about company culture. I hear: "How do we continue to build an amazing team? How do we reduce pain points for our employees? How to we help our employees grow in their professional lives as GuideSpark grows?"
    - My boss puts time and thought into how to help me grow in my profession. Every few months, I am asked: "Do you like your job? Are you happy here?" and I am expected to be honest in my answer. We have periodic conversations around what I want to do within the department, and we create action items to help me get there.
    - GuideSpark employees have a lot of fun. We get together as a company for randomly-timed push-up & plank breaks. When we are in a slam and needed to go beyond to get the work done, GuideSpark will bring in lunch and dinner to support us through it.
    - GuideSpark has pulled off cultivating an atmosphere that is both supportive and competitive. Our weekly wins meeting shares our successes, and it really fosters pride in our company and the drive to be a contributing force to it. We want to reach our goals because we know our personal and company-wide success is celebrated and appreciated.

Cons

- With our sudden growth, we are getting a little cramped in our current office space. This means that it can get a little loud.
    - Not close to any public transportation; although there is plenty of free parking.
    - When we do need to hire, the process is very slow.

Keep it up! I love the support, opportunity, and positive atmosphere here - you guys are great.

Outstanding leadership and opportunity!

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Outstanding Leadership (upper management), I love my Boss, Company Culture

Cons

Onboarding/Training can improve, Salary can improve

The Holy Grail of Startups

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time (less than an year)

Pros

By far the best place I've ever worked, and I have had some great jobs. Although, having worked at previous startups, I was hesitant to join another. While I enjoy the energy and innovation that you often find within startup teams, I realized that the lack of experienced leadership was too often a detriment to the growth of the company and my personal career path. As soon as I spent time with the leadership at GuideSpark, I immediately knew that was not the case here. They are all A+ Players, and possess a wealth of knowledge and experience between them that is unparalleled amongst startups. I've learned more about how to approach problems, learn from challenges, build a team, and be a great leader in the 6 months that I've worked at GuideSpark, than in 15 years of my career combined.

The pros go beyond great leadership. One of the highest priorities for the company is building a great culture, and that effort really shines through in the team and work environment. The result is a team of innovators that are encouraged to share ideas, and under just the right amount of guidance and leadership, the ability to take ownership of their work. There is also great opportunity for growth within roles as the company grows (at a very fast pace!).

To top it off, the product that GuideSpark offers is amazing. Customers love it, prospects love it. People in the HR industry explain that we provide the type of solution that the industry has really been missing. It's great to help build a product that is so well-received, and really solving a huge problem for employers and employees.

Cons

The only con for me is the commute from SF. But it has been well worth it, and I take a shuttle (RidePal), complete with Wi-Fi. So not all that bad.

Never change your interview process. It's lengthy, but seems to be the key to building such a great team! Keep taking the time to share wins with the team, and to provide education on the growth of the company. Especially by bringing in guest speakers that talk about GuideSpark in comparison to their own experiences - these opportunities are invaluable for the team!

One in a million

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are companies people can't stand to work at, there are companies people tolerate for a paycheck, and then (rarely) there are companies that have a positive energy that you just feel when you walk through the front door. GuideSpark falls in that last bucket. It's a magical combination - great product, intelligent leadership and a unique culture that just buzzes. It's the type of place that all startups aspire to when they say "let's build a great culture" - and then force their employees to work long hours and over weekends and holidays for below market wages...The reality is it's easy to say let's build a great culture, and difficult to pull off. Respect is given to each individual's personal and family life, while still maintaining aggressive growth goals.

Cons

Tough commute from San Francisco - but worth it. No ping pong table. No chocolate fountain.

Keep doing what you're doing. Invest in an SF office and you'll open up a new talent pool of candidates.

Great tech start-up in growth mode with many opportunities.

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at GuideSpark full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Listing is in no particular order:
    (1) Open work environment with a lot of transparency
    (2) GREAT product with a strong engineering and customer success team
    (3) Amazing customers on board and sales team continues to build on that
    (4) Product meets the need that customers, prospects, and others are looking for

Cons

My only downside is the drive to Menlo Park from San Francisco but I do the drive (with a smile) because of the opportunity at GuideSpark.

Continue to do what you are doing!