Guidebook

Guidebook Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jeff Lewis

Great culture, great people, and amazing product with lots of growth potential.

ProsI'm writing this review mostly because when I was job hunting, Guidebook didn't have a lot of feedback on Glassdoor. So I want you to hear from a current employee - this is a great place to work! Here's why:

1. Talented, motivated, and friendly team. People are laid-back and approachable, but driven to succeed and competitive when it comes to work.
    2. Amazing culture! It's still a small company so you can get to know others well. There is also a lot of room to explore roles beyond your position - if you want to work on something, you are encouraged to go for it.
    3. Flexible vacation time and the ability to order what you want for the pantry. Cool, cozy offices in SF (near the Caltrain station) and Downtown Palo Alto.
    4. Guidebook's client base is growing every day, and we are always working on improving the product. The industry is competitive, but also still in its early stages, so there will be a lot of growth and adoption in the next few years.
    5. Senior management is accessible and careful with their decision making.

One thing to note is that at Guidebook, it's not about which school or company you came from. It's about what you bring to the table. There isn't a lot of room for egos, passivity, or people who don't care about the product.

ConsAs mentioned, it's a growing company, so while communication is very flexible, sometimes it is challenging to get all the teams on the same page.

There is no structured training program and no formal mentoring system. If you would prefer the kind of work environment where either of those things are available, you may want to look elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementWell done, you guys! I'm looking forward to Guidebook's continued success (and am happy to be part of it!). Oh - I guess we could do the company meetings a bit more regularly.

Amazing opportunities for exploration and personal growth

Customer Success Associate & Accounting (Former Employee)
    Palo Alto, CA

Pros- Employees are given the space to explore new projects that aren't necessarily in their field;
    - Enjoyable community - there's always times for game and movie nights;
    - Monthly company meetings allow for cross-department communication and transparency;
    - Incredibly kind and friendly colleagues, who are willing to help with anything;
    - As Guidebook is a young company, there are opportunities to develop processes and help design the company culture.

ConsDue to the minimal structure, employees must be very self-sufficient to excel at Guidebook. This is not the place for those who need constant supervision! That having been said, this allows employees to have the flexibility to pursue their passions and design their own role in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep talking to your employees and you'll continue to do great! So far, your decisions have taken Guidebook very far.

Great Place to Work!

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    Palo Alto, CA

ProsGreat people - Everyone is smart and hard-working
    There is plenty of visibility
    They give everyone a lot of responsibility (especially since we were growing so quickly)
    They give raises/promotions based on contributions to the company. I received a raise after only 8 months, and even heard stories about people getting two raises in a one-year span. This kept me motivated
    Management cares about employee happiness. It's part of the culture, and they take it seriously

ConsThe only reason I left Guidebook was to pursue my master's degree, and I may very will return to Guidebook after school.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Worked for Guidebook? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Guidebook reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Guidebook CEO Jeff Lewis. All reviews posted anonymously by Guidebook employees.