Guidewire

Guidewire CEO Marcus Ryu

Marcus Ryu

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Guidewire

Sales Operations (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsFlexible company and employee recognition

Consto have to be always reachable

Great to work with smart people who know what they are doing

Sales (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsIntensive and focused team of people that are making a real meaningful change for our customers. We are focused on being the best at what we do, and being honest with ourselves and our clients.

Consvery international business, lots of travel
    as company gets bigger, we enevitably get more internal coordination requirements

Advice to Senior ManagementAs the company grows focus on keeping the culture, and maintaining strategic consistency

Great place to work but not for the faint hearted...

Field Consultant (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsThere's lots happening at Guidewire, and many opportunities to contribute, and progress. Guidewire are truly commited to the success of your career, and they expect you to commit to their success - it's a sound deal all round.

ConsIn the field, management can be somewhat remote, and it is possible to feel a bit disconnected at times. Sometimes working in EMEA, the administration advice received from US and EMEA offices can be inconsistent. However, in my short time with Guidewire I have found that people are working to address this issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe have a great set of company values that are espoused, but perhaps we need to drive those values right out to the edges of our organisation.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work, all focusing on the same goal

Marketing Program Manager (Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsA great company to work for, it's growing quickly and has lots of new & innovative products coming through from development. A strong brand and very effective Product Management & Product Marketing team with enthusiasm by the truck-load. EVeryone is pulling in the same direction thanks to a very clear set of goals and strong set of values. A refreshingly honest company to work for.

ConsMaybe too thorough on approval processes... This can slow things down, but could also be the reason for the company's success ie making sure every decision has been thought through?

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing - Guidewire is going places!

Outstanding Learning Environment

Principal Implementation Architect (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsEverybody learns, every day. Everybody contributes, every day. Everybody is rewarded, every day. Great software, great people. No interest in 'selling bodies'. Long-term development of individuals at the core of the culture. Not a 'step-on-the-way' employer, most likely a long-term residence for those that have already climbed the greasy-pole.

ConsVolatile environment, switching customers and cities, and sometimes countries, at a drop of a hat. Expect to carry a large expenses bill, (although reimbursed weekly). First few months can be unnerving, GW employees get a LOT of autonomy and this can be daunting if unexpected.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up, don't let the company go overly-corporate.

Growth and opportunities with a great environment

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsCareer objectives and desires are taken into account.
    Communication is easy at all levels.
    We all do our best to help and encourage each other.

ConsSome aspects of the job require good autonomy, which is not easy for everyone.
    There is a very broad amount of resources to help us in our job that is sometimes difficult to locate.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet on our service providers the same level of expectations that we set on ourselves.

I have grown more at Guidewire than I have at any other job.

Services Manager (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsThe best part of working at Guidewire is that its corporate values are embraced at all levels, even all the way to the highest levels of executive management. Also, Guidewire is a very egalitarian company. The company truly values all contributors.

ConsThe only minor issue is that Guidewire's benefits are about average. The company could try to improve vacation packages, employee's insurance cost, etc.

Worked for Guidewire? Contribute to the Community!

Guidewire Videos

Guidewire – Why Work for Us?

Join the Guidewire Team! Thanks for your interest! We're pleased that you're thinking of investing your time and energy with us. At Guidewire, a combination of humane working conditions, an excellent market opportunity… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Guidewire reviews and ratings in London, England — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Guidewire CEO Marcus Ryu. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Guidewire employees.