Gulfstream Aerospace Reviews

Updated August 28, 2014

3.8

Gulfstream Aerospace President Larry Flynn
Larry Flynn

Pros
  • Great products, Good pay, mostly good place to work with good benefits (in 11 reviews)

• Good pay and benefits for savannah (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance isn't as I would like (in 4 reviews)

• Lean Six Sigma is overstated as the way to solve all our problems, but will not succeed without lower and middle management commitment (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Execellant company to work for

Current Employee - Technical Specialist III  in  Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Technical Specialist III in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Gulfstream Aerospace full-time for more than a year

Pros

Totally care about you as an individual and employee

Cons

Office space. Office cubicles in Savannah, the BTC, are not conducive for productivity. Too many cubes are open and multiple voices overlap each other. No phone privacy.

Ptrovide 21st century working environment. Enclosed cubicles.

Great place to work at.

Former Employee - In Finance/Accounting  in  Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - In Finance/Accounting in Savannah, GA

I worked at Gulfstream Aerospace as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

They offer great salaries & benefits

Cons

Some management issues. Treat contractors poorly

Do not let anyone go until you hear both sides of the story.

Gulfstream Aerospace in Long Beach is AWESOME

Current Employee - CollegeMechanical Engineering  in  Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - CollegeMechanical Engineering in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Gulfstream Aerospace as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I joined Gulfstream for a summer internship. I was out of state so I was offered corporate housing in a GREAT place by the company for the entire duration of the internship. The internship experience was also awesome. It started slow with practice and tutorials but once I learned some of the design tools used by the company, I started real work. I did pretty much the same work that other entry level engineers did, and so I am proud to say that my designs are actually used on the production aircraft. The work environment was super fun and super supportive. People were super laidback, and welcoming. I looked forward to work everyday. The internship was an IDEAL internship that any intern would expect to get. I would love to go back to this company at this site.

Cons

I couldn't find any during my 3 months working there.

Keep up the good work.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Life after Gulfstream is grand

Former Employee - Technical Specialist II  in  Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Technical Specialist II in Savannah, GA

I worked at Gulfstream Aerospace full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay is very good if you want to live in Savannah, GA. There is no such thing as worklife balance so don't let the hype fool you. Gulfstream is actively striving to become one of the "best companies to work for" in their usual inept way. Management and H.R. is clueless. I was very fortunate to be able to leave and my life has been greatly improved.

Cons

Cons? Were there any pros? Ha! Not many. Other than the pay if you want to live in Savannah, GA, there are few positives and ONLY cons. Management is "good ole boy" and they promote to management based on years of experience rather than people skills. Therefore, management is horrible and most employees hate the management and life is painful. I have been fortunate enough to work for several other companies in big cities and have to say that H.R. is the worst I have ever seen and management is really lacking as well. Everyone I worked with consistently looked for better opportunities.

If you happen to be so unfortunate to go to work for Gulfstream - advise - DO NOT EVER COMPLAIN TO H.R. - you will be forever blackballed. Do not do it no matter how much they say they want your feedback.

I have no advice for management since they NEVER listen to advise. Gulfstream management continues to make the same mistakes....isn't that a sign of insanity?...Keep repeating the same mistakes and expect different results?

Besides needing fresh management, Gulfstream REALLY needs to get rid H.R. leadership. Employees hate H.R., are extremely skeptical about H.R., considers them incompetent and overpaid and.....the list goes on.

I feel very sorry for my friends who still have to work for this company. It scares me that Gulfstream is so highly regarded as an aerospace company. Most employees I know are miserable and have substance abuse problems which get worse by working there.

Even though upper management (men) are very qualified and intelligent on paper, most of them are really screwed up and have big issues.....female issues, ego issues, etc....the list goes on.

Great Fun Company to Work For

Former Employee - Multimedia Developer  in  Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Multimedia Developer in Savannah, GA

I worked at Gulfstream Aerospace full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Compensation, Promotions, Events, Travel, Value Employees

Cons

Work-Life balance, Project based hours and overtime

Be open to new ideas that will allow you to reach new markets.

It was very rewarding

Former Employee - Senor Tech III  in  Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Senor Tech III in Savannah, GA

I worked at Gulfstream Aerospace full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

gulfstream cares about their employees

Cons

striving to be the best

Intern experiences

Former Employee - Structures Engineering  in  Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Structures Engineering in Savannah, GA

I worked at Gulfstream Aerospace as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great people, great atmosphere, challenging work if you earn it. I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Gulfstream and would happily work for the company again. The atmosphere at the workplace was happy and open, and my managers were very supportive and good at providing challenging and rewarding tasks. This in turn helped me to develop both personally and professionally. A good work/life balance is also encouraged.

Cons

Corporate bureaucracy challenges. It is difficult to get much done with some of the outdated processes in place and the internal structure in the company. There are of course ways to get things done anyway, but a lot of time can easily be wasted on administrative tasks when it could easily be spent elsewhere. Communication and collaboration between the departments could be improved. In addition I didn't find Savannah the most interesting place to live

Great Product, Customer Service and Company Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Gulfstream Aerospace full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Gulfstream sets the world standard for business aviation products and services. Heavy investment in R&D will help ensure market leadership for many years to come. Leadership understands that superior Customer service sells new aircraft and grows the ecosystem. Heavy product demand and margin provides corporate financial security. The leadership developed an internal company culture model that is reinforced through training. Salaries are competitive. Gulfstream actively supports the local community. Military veterans are welcome. The company is growing, a rare thing for a domestic based manufacturer.

Cons

As the company grows, agility is a challenge. Change comes slowly. Organizational silos impede opportunities for cross-functional continuous improvement. Check out the local school systems before accepting a job.

Find creative means to enable the company to operate more efficiently cross-functionally. Define and implement end-to-end processes that can span across organizational units to unlock increased business value.

great job experience

I worked at Gulfstream Aerospace

Pros

very professional company to work for

Cons

none. great team environment and great training facilities

keep up the good work

Very good company to work for

Former Employee - Mrb Liaison Engineer  in  Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Mrb Liaison Engineer in Savannah, GA

I worked at Gulfstream Aerospace full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Working conditions are excellent, management very professional, and friendly.

Cons

Noisy place to work on the floor

Hire some experience people.

Worked for Gulfstream Aerospace? Contribute to the Community!