Gulfstream Aerospace Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Gulfstream Savannah a great place to work in a unique city.

Former Employee - Advanced Composites Technician III in Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Advanced Composites Technician III in Savannah, GA

I worked at Gulfstream Aerospace full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, excellent working, excellent working environment, good opportunities , good leadership.

Cons

Can be very competitive and trice between employees trying to get ahead and further them selves.

They will work you to death if you are good at your job

I worked at Gulfstream Aerospace

Pros

The only positive about Gulfstream is the pay.

Cons

If you show talent, they will work you to death but they promote on the good-old-boy network. If you are good, you will probably work a lot of OT and make money but you may also have a heart attack. Good people are worked to death.

Advice to Management

Don't work your employees to death. I have seen it again and again. Stop it!!!

Very strong conservative company, if that's your thing.

I have been working at Gulfstream Aerospace full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Many opportunities to promote from within. Great health benefits. Everyone knows everyone else.

Cons

If you don't work at HQ it is sometimes tough to get promotions. There are a lot of work silos which brings workplace politics with it. Sometimes too conservative with employees. Technology is still lagging 10 years behind. Offices very often are crowded and don't have windows.

Advice to Management

Spend some more money on creating an office environment that they would actually want to spend their weeks in, not cubicles that are overflowing with people.

Wrongful termination

Former Employee - Design Checker in Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Design Checker in Savannah, GA

I worked at Gulfstream Aerospace

Pros

The work environment and everyone seems to work as a team.

Cons

I guess in hindsight that I made a huge mistake taking a contract to work at Gulfstream. I have never been treated so poorly and humiliated like this in my professional working life. This was not my first contract and I have been working in the aircraft industry since 1989. To be let go without any reason was deplorable. I have since been told by other contractors previously employed by your so called reputable company that I am not an isolated case of being terminated like this. I left a job in which I was making a higher rate to take a contract with a company whose so called values include truth telling, respect, trust and integrity.
       I spent months of time and effort filling out the required paperwork to be able to work at Gulfstream. I also spent a lot of money to relocate to Savannah from Canada without my family. I had some hesitation to take this contract after talking with other contractors that had worked previously at Gulfstream including U.S. citizens. They all warned me about the “hire and fire at will” clause. As I have had an exemplary career up until my Gulfstream experience I did not foresee any problems with my ability to perform my job at Gulfstream.
           I spoke with my Lead the day after I was dismissed and he told me that he had told my boss that I was progressing nicely and was fitting into the team. I have always been a team player where ever I have worked. I have always worked well with anyone from the Director of the company to the janitor as every person should be valued no matter what their job function is. My Lead apologized for the treatment that I received and also told me that he had no influence or impact on who was hired and fired in his group. I believe since he is the Lead he should have some input in the direction and manpower requirements of his group. Many people outside my group were also shocked that I was let go. I guess that is to keep everyone on their toes as they may be the next to go.
        I lost all respect for both the Manager and Department head when nothing was really explained to me about my performance after I repeatedly asked on my way out. My department head did not say a single word as I was walked out of your company even after my Lead had told him that I was doing well just the day before. I did however meet some very nice people that were genuinely concerned about my well being and in helping me to integrate into the team. I had every intention to complete my contract with the best of my skill and ability as I have done for the last 25 years in the aerospace industry. I also did not have any confrontation with any employee during my short stint with your company.

Advice to Management

I think the Leads should have input in who is hired and fired in there group as they are the ones that have a first hand account of how the employees in his group are actually performing and working.

6. Financial Reporting Intern

I worked at Gulfstream Aerospace

Pros

The internship program in the financial reporting department was great. It provides exposure to many different areas. I learned a lot from all my fellow employees. Even as an intern I had the ability to pick my own work schedule within reason. I was able to work half days on Fridays which is a huge plus.

Cons

The only con was the commute after work. There are thousands of employees that get off work at the same time so the roads and highways get very congested after work.

7. Great company... really enjoyed my time there.

Former Employee - Quality Engineer II in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Quality Engineer II in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Gulfstream Aerospace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are good, retirement is good, hours worked great. I enjoyed the people that I worked with.

Cons

Every place can have a change here and there.... I believe Gulfstream in on the right path.

Advice to Management

Always strive to get better.

8. Adequate quality

I have been working at Gulfstream Aerospace

Pros

Interesting product, mix of techies and manufacturers.

Cons

Some application team members resist outside consulting best practices, but this hardly differentiates them from many (most) IT divisions.

9. Family Oriented

I worked at Gulfstream Aerospace

Pros

-Good Work/life balance
    -Friendly People
    -Ability to move up
    -In a beautiful city

Cons

The only challenge I had was the traffic. The offices are situated in an industrial park off a two -lane road.

Structural mechanic on the G-650 production line

Former Employee - Structural Mechanic in Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Structural Mechanic in Savannah, GA

I worked at Gulfstream Aerospace full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Outstanding opportunity to apply your skills In aviation manufacturing, on a world class aircraft with a world class company

Cons

Sometimes, it not what you know, or how well you apply your talent, it will still boil down to who you know

Advice to Management

Critique your employees based on the quality of the work they do, and not on how well they interact with other members of the team

First Class Trainning

Former Employee - Senior Avionics Technician in Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Avionics Technician in Savannah, GA

I worked at Gulfstream Aerospace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent facilities
    Excellent Management
    Excellent Training
    Excellent Oportunities

Cons

good old buddy system,parking is too far from the plant,QA needs to up their game more as far as the avionics install quality.

Advice to Management

Pay closer attention to some of your contractors.some have great ideas for improvevments

RSS Feed </> Embed