Gunther Toody's Diner Reviews

CEO

1. Night cleaning at Gunther Toodys

Former Freelancer - Janitor in Northglenn, CO
    Former Freelancer - Janitor in Northglenn, CO

I worked at Gunther Toody's Diner (More than a year)

Pros

Its a fun environment to work in. You get to choose your own hours as long as it's after closing time and before they open again.

Cons

The bathrooms sometimes were horrible to clean. I once found a pair of dirty underwear and socks in there. Someone must have had no toilet paper. Didn't touch the stuff though I swept it into the dirt collector.

Advice to Management

Sometimes management would be late on payments; months late. It would be nice to be paid on time for the work I was doing.

2. New Owners' Transition - Good or Bad?

I worked at Gunther Toody's Diner full-time

Pros

Improved business (?) - yet to be determined...

Cons

Created stress and antagonistic attitudes in staff

Advice to Management

Take the impact on employees and customers more into consideration before making multiple/drastic changes.

3. Fun place to work... most of the time

Former Employee - Waiter in Littleton, CO
    Former Employee - Waiter in Littleton, CO

I worked at Gunther Toody's Diner part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Gunther Toody's was a lot of fun when there was other fun staff working. You could flirt and play with customers, and when you had a good partner in crime everything was better.

Cons

Like all restaurants it all comes down to staff and management. When the managers are always yelling, it is horrible, and when all the other servers are boring, there's not a lot you can do to make it fun.

Advice to Management

Always make sure your staff know you have their back. Yelling at stupid petty things only brings down moral. Also Seek out your servers opinion on how to fix things. They are on the front lines, and they see stuff you never will.

5. Fun atmosphere, awful company.

Former Employee - Waitstaff
    Former Employee - Waitstaff

I worked at Gunther Toody's Diner

Pros

Very fun atmosphere. Fun to serve elderly couples who could tell stories about the way diners used to be back in the 1950's. Fun music, attire, etc...

Cons

None of the management worked there because they wanted to--they were all there killing time while looking for better prospects (including the GM). I had several "bungee bosses." ("Hi-I'm-your-new-boss-wait-oops-I'm-leaving-I-found-another-job-bye). I loved the atmosphere, but nobody else even cared. I eventually left because it was a dead-end job full of angry people who hated their lives but had nowhere else to turn.

Advice to Management

Get a different job! Find a way to enjoy what you do, or go somewhere else.

RSS Feed </> Embed