Guthrie Healthcare

www.guthrie.org

Guthrie Healthcare Reviews

Guthrie Healthcare Co-CEO; President and CEO, Guthrie Clinic Joseph Scopelliti
Joseph Scopelliti

Decent place to start but wouldn't want to stay long term

Current Employee - Technician in Sayre, PA
    Current Employee - Technician in Sayre, PA

I have been working at Guthrie Healthcare

Pros

+ Starting pay is competitive
    + Good benefits
    + Opportunity to work with some really great people
    + Good reputation for patient care
    + Resume builder

Cons

- Many departments are chronically overworked and understaffed (conditions that can and do breed tyrannical supervisors)
    - Salary increases flatline for long term employees
    - Growing sense of underlying discontent among employees who feel they are working harder for less
    - Little opportunity for career advancement/skill diversification depending on what you do
    - Limited parking around hospital campus and shuttle to far parking lot adds an extra 10-15 mins. to commute time

Work to create a climate where loyal employees are more valued for their contributions to the company and it will pay dividends; happy workers work harder than unhappy ones.

Standard Operating Procedure - depends on where you work and who your boss is

Current Employee - Computer Operator in Sayre, PA
    Current Employee - Computer Operator in Sayre, PA

I have been working at Guthrie Healthcare

Pros

Great health benefits and great pay for the work I didn't have to do.

Cons

long drive, poor management in my immediate area, lack of physical work and to much down time in my position.

Get a clue as to what actually goes on and how things are run. Clean up the scheduling conflicts and get rid of the overlap and give an hour lunch or no lunch break, its not needed.

Good system

Current Employee - Physician Assistant in Sayre, PA
    Current Employee - Physician Assistant in Sayre, PA

I have been working at Guthrie Healthcare

Pros

Progressive innovative good patient cqare

Cons

Pay better
    listen to employees

Pay better listen to employees

For the most part, Guthrie upper management tries to listen to employee complaints and make their jobs run smoothly.

Current Employee - Clerical
    Current Employee - Clerical

I have been working at Guthrie Healthcare

Pros

Pay check, close to home, benefits. I like helping other people. I work hard and fair. I have little problem with management. Often the employees attitude is what makes or breaks a job. But I am sure there are some managers who don't listen and aren't willing to walk in their employee's shoes to see why the employee is frustrated.

Cons

Salaries of longtime employees is probably way to low. Most offices/areas are under staffed. as in: off campus offices don't get cleaned as well as they used to; office staffs are under excessive pressure and cannot handle the work load. If Guthrie is to expand as they have by hiring more Docs, then some of the support staff needs to be added. It takes $$ to make $$.

Please listen to the employees. They are the back bone of Guthrie and see and feel what is happening and need to be heard.