Guzik Technical Enterprises

Engineer

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer  in  Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Guzik Technical Enterprises full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is a great place to learn. Small company so very hands on.

Cons

Don't look for any type of advancement at this company. Be ready to be belittled by the owner Nahum Guzik.

No one on your staff could care less about what they do as long as they don't mess up and get yelled at by the owner they're happy.

Don't waste your time with this company

Former Employee - Junior Hardware Engineer  in  Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Junior Hardware Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Guzik Technical Enterprises full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some co-workers.
    Svetlana.
    Nothing else that I can think of.

Cons

Based on what I have seen during my short stay at the company I think the environment is tense and unpleasant. Nahum Guzik is crazy. I saw him yell at some of the managers in front of some Japanese customers at least once. My boss was cool. He seemed nice. The company is filled with Russians, some of them nice and others hard to read. It doesn't take a genius to realize you cannot move up in the company. After all these years the management positions are still covered by the same pieces of the chessboard. When I was in the company I never felt I was really contributing and my potential was close to useless, a sign that tells me you cannot have a career in a company like this one. If they try to get rid of you don't sign anything. Get a lawyer instead.

I don't know how marketable your product is. I think one of these days you'll disappear.

Nahum Guzik is a Screamer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Guzik Technical Enterprises full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free food if you work on Saturdays.

Cons

I think the experience working at Guzik is different for everyone, but it's very dependent it the owner/CEO likes you. You could hear him screaming at people from across the building. This is a small company with awful politics.

More professionalism...any professionalism...

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

as good as expected

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Guzik Technical Enterprises full-time for more than a year

Pros

challenging work, PPO medical insurance, nice building and a lot of parking space, great collegues, perfect location, very quiet

Cons

more than 40 hours/week required, salary below market average, product niche is unclear, short paid vacation

Good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Guzik Technical Enterprises

Pros

Challenging environment, professional coworkers, you will never get bored with what you do, very dynamic. Benefits are good, salaries are above average.

Cons

Be prepared to work overtime, a bunch of russians around, speaking russian, acting russian. Management is generally pushy, make you work hard.

You will survive and grow professionally if you are a good specialist, but do not expect to have a pleasant experience.

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Guzik Technical Enterprises

Pros

It is a good company to start working in USA for H1 visa holder. You are getting a good package on the beginning, OK salary, good benefits, and they starts a Green Card process. Company has a good lawyer and good reputation so you gonna be safe with documents, loans and credits (don't need to have any credit history).

Cons

Career growing depends not from your professional skills and input but from your personal relations with CEO. Be prepared working on Saturdays, late nights and short vacations. Company is hardware oriented and conservative on used software techniques, so your software experience can be a little outdated you be back on market.

Pay attention to people requests.

Very challenging work environment... Good salary and benefits... Be prepared for a bumpy ride ...

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Guzik Technical Enterprises

Pros

Good salary, great medical/vision/dental family insurance, opportunity to work with ABSOLUTELY NEW technologies, very creative and talented team of hardware and software engineers.

Cons

Guzik is a private company and in a nut shell it is a playground for its president Nahum Guzik. If you manage to keep a good relationship with him, your life can be decent, otherwise it can be quite miserable. Disrespect to subordinates is a common place at Guzik TE.

The thing is, the only REAL manager, i.e. the person who decides what should be done on each and every level, is the president. And he NEVER takes any advices from anyone...

You'd better really know what you'll have to do in order to stay hired and get you pay check

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Guzik Technical Enterprises

Pros

Fast track for Green Card, challenging technical environment (aka short development cycles)

Cons

Sweat shop, employees are treated like a slaves, personal relationships prevail upon professional/business ones, "swamp" for new immigrants - easy to join but hard to escape

I believe the management system has been perfected for decades. The CEO really knows what's going on so I do not think any advice is really welcome.

Guzik Bouncing Back !!!!

Former Employee - PCB Design Engineer
    Former Employee - PCB Design Engineer

I worked at Guzik Technical Enterprises

Pros

Mr. Guzik has supported every immigrant new to the US. Though he may sound very loud...deep inside he has a very sound pounding heart. He too indeed has a big sense of Giving. Humbly say, the most generous person I ever met in my entire carreer. People seem to misunderstand his behavior when it comes to work but deep inside him, he has a very soft heart. He speaks with emotion. It's like an OPERA. He could have been one of the masters of art but chose to be in the sidelines. Working there was like being in a battle. You would know right away who the cowards were. They were just too scared to face the challenge. Surely, I was in the winning side. Whinning is NO excuse. Did I spell it right ? Guess it's not in my vocabulary even. Who are they anyway ??? Where are they!!! They just easily gave up. I meant the cowards. I've been welll conditioned to face anything in life. I was made ready to face any challeges in life. How's our economy doing ? Ask Mr. Guzik & Mr. Stein...I guess they are the answer

Cons

Not enough Guzik crackers in the Breakroom.

Keep up the Super Good Work. I know "Nothing Works" when there are lots of boards to do.

There is a lot of opportunities to grow as an Engineer, but the place is a "sweat shop".

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Guzik Technical Enterprises

Pros

You can learn a whole lot in the technical side of the business.

Cons

You will suffer from very hectic unpredictable environment. Being yelled at by the senior management is not uncommon. Employees are often kept in fear of loosing their jobs.

Performing a market analysis before making a new product could be a good idea. Also, defining requirements for the product before starting designing one would improve the development process.

Worked for Guzik Technical Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!