Gymboree Reviews in Toronto, ON

2.6

Mark Breitbard

Pros
  • You meet lots of great customers to help and serve (in 15 reviews)

• If you don't know any better (what work-life balance really looks like or what good pay is for the job) you might like it (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • New line is such a mess, not enough hours given to complete properly (in 32 reviews)

• Upper management does not respond in a timely manner when corrective actions needs to be given (in 28 reviews)

More Highlights

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Too Much Pressure..Not Enough Pay

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Gymboree full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I really enjoyed my regular customers! I loved building the cutest outfits for little ones and having to make up new displays...sometimes my outfits sold better than the ones that corporate wanted!

Cons

Sales Leads were always complaining to me about hours..but I couldn't do anything about it. We only had a select number of hours to use for entire store.
    Line sets were fun but very stressful. Shifting and marking down at the same time yet we have also put out 40 boxes of merchandise and be ready for the sale that will be stating or has started.
    I disapprove of the DM. She was very manipulative and used people to do favours for her but you are never properly rewarded. There was such a high turnover of employees in the district. People quit once they realize that Gymboree is one of the lowest paying companies in retail. Raise? I got $0.13 one year!

Pay your employees what they deserve!

don't do it if you have other opportunity

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Gymboree full-time for more than a year

Pros

- cute little kids
    -great workers

Cons

-absolutely no supports from DM nor company
    -they want you work for free if you are store manager
    - no balance between work and life
    - high expectations with unrealistic goals

try to work in store level once a while and see the goals that you are given to the store are realistic , because the way you treat the employee there wouldn't be any loyalty

Exhausting but fun

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Gymboree

Pros

Benefits are completely paid for in Canada
    Organization loves promoting within and promotes by a persons abilities in performace rather than some companies that promote people who kiss butt. Which makes it a great place to work and you can respect the management members.
    The customers are amazing
    The company really supports when it comes to personal emergencies or issues

Cons

Hard to find a work and family balance
    Your expected to be available as a manager all the time and if anything happens you need to be the one to come in because its your store.
    You can not take more than 10 days consecutively off - it's retail.
    There is always an event, so you spend a lot of times planning then taking down the event only to have to prepare for the next the very same day.

Worked for Gymboree? Contribute to the Community!