H.B. Fuller

H.B. Fuller Reviews

Updated Jun 23, 2014

H.B. Fuller President and CEO James Owens

James Owens

Management doesn't care about people.

ProsBenefits are really the only benefit.

ConsManagement knows things are bad but keeps saying things will get better. They don't care at all about people tbeing being stressed out. Askng for help with issues beyond our control is like talking to a wall.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop having meetings and actually DO something. Support people who work for you. Replace management at this location of the company with people who know how to run a company.

Its the best, worst job I ever had!

Production Operator (Current Employee) Paducah, KY

ProsPay above average after you get a few years in, decent benefits, very strong company in the adhesive industry.

ConsDepressing atmosphere, poor comrodery among workers, poor comunication, poor training ,poor local management, poor working conditions (heat, dust, noise, est) poor job staffing shifts, (work to lean). Old technology, old worn out equipment, you name it!!

Advice to Senior ManagementTake better care of your people, like Tony Anderson did. Reinvest in the plants, get them up to date, stop jacking people around, give them their promotion when due.

Lousey Management

Prosthe pay was very good, but it came with a lot of stress

Consmanagement was very unprofessional. Some were mean and incompetent

Advice to Senior Managementtreat employees the wayb you would want to be treated

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management Inconsistencies...

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsFinancial results great for 2009. Senior Leadership finally stabilized. Decent growth trends. Good Talent Acquisition in last 18 months.

ConsTOO LEAN in human capital and investment in the Supply Chain infrastructure; lack of people, diverse talent and innovation in plants, and raw material sourcing. No investment for the future to support sales. No plan for raw materials; spot buying is unreliable and costly long-term.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe so-called turn-around will be short lived beginning to surface in 2010. No investment in knowledgeable people, capital equipment, and a strategy beyond Sales will lead to sub-optimal performance very shortly.

Not a place to learn and growth

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Jose, San Jose (Costa Rica)

ProsSolid company. Average salaries. Being a small company and lean you get exposed to senior management levels fairly easy and quickly.

ConsLittle advancement opportunities. Career development is non-existing

Advice to Senior ManagementGet serious on making career development a reality rather than just empty words

Industrial Maintenance Mechanic

ProsThe flexibility of the job.

ConsThere is no advancement in Houston Texas.

Just ordinary company doing chemical business

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsGood history and good employees who can cooperate with internal/external people

ConsDon't have passion
    US oriented
    Don't have strong valve

Advice to Senior Management1.Don't have strong credo which can guide us and bring a new people under it.
    Please make it.

2. Need to do real innvation to become game changer, but we're doing very bad. just tweaking and changing formulation.

Collaborative atmosphere with great upward mobility.

Scientist (Current Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsThe people are extremely friendly and helpful.
    There is a large amount of visibility throughout the organization.
    Great opportunities for advancement.

ConsAt times the work load can be quite large because the staffing is particularly thin. There is not a cafeteria at my location.

Great place to work

ProsGreat leadership, focused on people and growth. Global footprint, but still has a small company feel, built on relationships and focused on our customers. Great people, hard workers.

ConsMost people wear many hats. You have to be willing to help out and reach out across functions, segments and geographies. As a company, we tend to take on too many things at once.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the game changers and resource them appropriately.

Corporate company but can do many different projects

ProsI like being able to take ownership and give ideas for driving more efficiencies within the organization. They are open to new ideas and streamlining processes. They are corporate but don't get caught up in a bunch of red flags. I have never heard, "oh this is how we do it here."

ConsIt is a lean manufacturing environment. They try and get the most out of every person. If you want down time, this isn't the right environment for you.

Worked for H.B. Fuller? Contribute to the Community!