H W Lochner

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jim Bishop, P.E.

Good place to retire

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe flex schedule was nice and health benefits are great for a company of its size. However, thats about it.

ConsNo clear career paths for younger employees. The people in higher positions have been there for ions and don't plan on leaving. Managers do not know how to manage employees, no real company morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain managers so you can keep your younger staff.

Great opportunities for growth

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPosition status not important every idea is welcomed

Consstill in struggle to become innovavtive

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Great co-workers, good variety of work

ProsLearned a lot of new things while working at Lochner, most self taught, but some things, good training is offered. Co-workers were top notch, knew their stuff and a pleasure to work with. The work-sharing between offices keeps everyone billable and establishes a connection between offices that normally wouldn't exist.

ConsBoss was a micro-managing, nit-picky idiot who brought little to the table. Brought morale down tremendously. Pay is lower than industry standards for some positions. If conflict existed, it was assumed that whoever was higher up was in the right and the other person was disregarded. Did not seem like a fair or proper handling.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue all employees, not just the top-level ones. Some of your top-level people are not who they appear to be.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

HW Lochner lacks integrity

ProsThere are no Pros other than the fact they seem very personable at the beginning.

ConsThey mislead people at the time of hiring. They sell you this wonderful career opportunity then screw you by laying people off. They have no plan. Do not communicate with staff. Bishop is a huge fony.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make promises you can't keep. Stop ruining lives of people by bringing them on under false pretenses.

Management and Office Direction Lacking

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsHad the opportunity to work with some great people.

ConsUnderpaid. Senior management micro-manages PM's and technical staff not allowing them to properly serve their clients. Marketing/BD group lacked clear vision and was very unsuccessful in pursuits during my time in the office. High staff turnover due to numerous bad hires. Significant stress for employees to be completely billable.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some time to step back and look at the source of the problems.

Senior management needs clear vision

Engineer (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe pay was competitive and benefits are good. In general it's a good environment to work in.

ConsThe type of work pursued in the South is not comparable to the vision of the company. Management shows obvious favoritism and makes some decision based on personal feelings rather than what is best for the office/region.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out what type of work you want to pursue and focus your energy on that. Market the client! Encourage all of your staff, not just those people that tell you what you want to hear.

LOCHNER IS AN UNETHICAL COMPANY

Civil Engineer (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsNone compared to other companies in this industry.

ConsThis is a dishonest company. Employees are encouraged my management to falsify time sheets. The company tried to enter design build but failed due to their unethical behavior. The company is currently involved in a major lawsuit with Granite Construction due to their unethical behavior

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a plan. Value your employees. Don't expect employees to fund your business pursuits on their own dime. Realize that being a company know for integrity is better than a company know for corporate greed. Let everyone share in the company. You are not really “employee owned” when only employees with the title of “senior vice president” can buy company stock. BECOME AN ETHICAL COMPANY.

Lochner Rocks

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsThe people, relaxed atmosphere, interested in individual growth, sponsored training, the talent, strong work place environment, 401K matching, potential telecommuting and job sharing...

ConsNo cons to speak of.

Good position, excellent office environment.

Civil Engineer (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGood environment, work sharing between offices allows for little downtime-work is steady.

ConsDifficult to advance, sometimes work is very routine.

Advice to Senior Management.

It was a decent stop gap company.

Civil Engineer (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThey have decent benefits, and the pay isn't bad. They seem to care about people in the main Chicago office.

ConsThe company had a lot of infighting within senior management. They ended up laying many people off in 2010 because of it. If you are in a satellite office they tend to disregard you more then the main office in Chicago.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management needs to get a game plan and communicate effectively. Otherwise, people will look for other, more secure positions.

Worked for H W Lochner? Contribute to the Community!