H&M

H&M Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

H&M Managing Director & CEO Karl-Johan Persson

Karl-Johan Persson

Pros
  • H&M was willing to work with my school schedule and kept it consistent for the most part(in 58 reviews)

• Great Benefits; Pay; Fun Co-workers; Discounts;Fast pace(in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • did not enjoy my environment overall and was very sad because I love H&M(in 53 reviews)

• It is a fast paced environment which means long hours on your feet(in 20 reviews)

Great pay

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsGreat pay. alwasy something to do at work, never bored. You have the opportunity to gain multiple skill sets relevent to other industries outside of retail

ConsDon't talk to other employees too much. could have better communication. I went to work one day and then said or sorry you are laid off. It was very embarrassing.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter Communication

Really fun and exciting

Floor Manager (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsGreat Work environment and excellent staff

ConsPay is very basic and does not provide benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise pay

Loved It

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe Best company I've ever worked for promotes from within and there arealways opportunities for advancement

Consmanagers aren't always on the same page with one another

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

jkhkj

Prosmoney, people, stable, reliabe, growth

Conshardwork, long hours, crazy ppl, pay, location

I loved it!

Sales Advisor (Former Employee) Geneva, IL

ProsThe family atmosphere, first dibs on cool clothes, the 25% was awesome! We would get free food when we met goal.

ConsThe long hours. The 1-10 shift is the devil lol. Sometimes we didn't have a store manager but when we did they were super strict and didn't make work easy. Also I think we should have had a 5 min grace period before we clock in. Because sometimes the managers could do it but the regular sales advisors couldn't. And they will doc you for being 1 min late. If they want to. It depends on the sup that day.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the attendance policy or make a grace period. That's Why H&M turnover rate is so high because on attendance.

H&M is everything a college student looks for in a job!

Part-time Sales Advisor (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsH&M pay is more than reasonable for what it is. H&M more than a job, it seemed like a family. They value every single one of their employees and they want you to succeed with them. You get many opportunities to grow with them. Most store managers started as part time sales advisors. How crazy is that?

ConsCustomers can sometimes be very demanding of you and it may be overwhelming when trying to accomplish one of the many fun tasks management has assigned for you.

Enjoyable

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsMany opportunities are available, and you get to meet a variety of people with vibrant personalities. Also: employee discounts!

ConsNot AS flexible a schedule as I needed, and I had to miss out on a lot of things in university that could have benefited me. I had to put work first - have to pay the bills somehow.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease, be more flexible with scheduling!

cool job

Sales Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosfriends i made were cool, checks were good

Consnot enough people on the clock workload gets heavy

Advice to Senior Managementhire more people !

Good place to Grow and Save money!!

Part-time Sales Advisor (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsI've been doing retail for a minute now.So far so good.I think that working at H&m gives you room to grow.They also start you off with great pay. Co-workers are nice.They have great benefits as well.

ConsBeing a new employee, training can sometimes be a little crucial. There are people who are just rude and don't know how to talk to people..

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to be a little mindful of how they approach people ,Be a little more uplifting.

It was Ok.

Sales Advisor (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThis company has a great business model that starts at the top and trickles down to the bottom. All retail employees start at the same level and then you have the opportunity to prove yourself and work upwards. Pay was decent.

ConsI was working at a new store with a lot of younger people who were JUST starting off in retail. A lot of immaturity from the employees and those trying to "prove" themselves. Too many managers with conflicting ways of wanting to do things. Felt like I was in a circus many times.

Worked for H&M? Contribute to the Community!