H&M Reviews

Reset
3.6
H&M Managing Director & CEO Karl-Johan Persson
Karl-Johan Persson

Pros
  • I think that working at H&m gives you room to grow (in 68 reviews)

• They have great benefits as well (in 43 reviews)

Cons
  • If you were a district manager at your company they would tell you you're only good enough to be a store manager at H&M (in 62 reviews)

• Work-life balance does not exist (in 12 reviews)

1,103 Employee Reviews

1. Great place to work where your work/life is respected.

Current Employee - Network Engineer in North Arlington, NJ
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in North Arlington, NJ

Pros

Work life balance is respected and encouraged. The compensation is on the same level as other jobs, and the employee contribution to the benefits is lower than average.

Cons

H&M is an international company that at times is still run like a local company.

Advice to Management

More interaction between countries and more feedback from the countries.

2. sales associate review

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

A company with a conscious & a great relationship between employees and managers. The company treats their employees very well.

Cons

The company expects the sales associates to do a lot of work, and sometimes it's very physically draining/demanding. And like most retail places, you will get shitty customers that don't respesct you as a person.

Advice to Management

Develop a relationship with your employees in order for them to be comfortable enough to be themselves around you, and not just do their jobs milling in day in day out.

3. Great place to work

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Annapolis, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Annapolis, MD

Pros

Great place to work. Opportunity to work on different positions and learning new things. if your good you will get more responsibilities and some people liked it and some didn't. Great discount, great benefits, good pay.

Cons

no structure in Training - if you don't ask questions and are not into "the H&M way" nobody will hold your hand. You have to be able to comprehend fast and take initiative.

Advice to Management

Relax. You're not a brain surgeon

5. A model company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

The things my company is doing to change how good business is done, is a reason for me to have pride in my company. Those include going green, reusing materials, recycling plastic, fair labor practices, no child labor, using sustainable materials in bags and now clothing. I could go on, but that is a taste of what they bring to the business world .

Cons

It's an extremely different work environment. It relys on fast paced and efficient work, with exceptional common sense. I've seen many people struggle with that particular part of it. I wish the company was more accessible to those who cant make it to a location in person.

Advice to Management

Make sure that the people being hired can cope with the level of customer service which this company expects of all their staff from day one.

6. Great Company

Former Employee - Store Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Great training and opportunity for growth

Cons

Sometimes expectations are too high, with little time frame to work with

Advice to Management

Be prepared for changes by corporate way too often and sometimes not very well thought out, in Europe the working conditions are a dream compared to the US

7. Rewarding, growth and

Current Employee - Fulltime Sales Responsible in Covina, CA
    Current Employee - Fulltime Sales Responsible in Covina, CA

Pros

Best employees, best management, company respects employees at all levels of employment, everyone usually acts as a team. Good vibe. If you work hard, you will succeed and get promoted there are always opportunities for advancement and management believes in staff and helps them achieve their goals.

Cons

Favoritism/classic case of drama working cliche clothing retail.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. We are one team and Im sure many would agree

Well-rounded experience

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Salem, NH
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Salem, NH

Pros

In my short time with H&M, I was challenged and given opportunity to grow and excel.

Cons

H&M can be a very hectic and fast paced environment. One must understand the concept of multi-tasking and growing responsibility.

Advice to Management

There is no advice that I would give to management. They gave employees respect and opportunity within the organization and rewarded hard work and commitment.

9. An opportunity.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Buffalo, NY

Pros

They work around your schedule with no questions asked! They are also very helpful with their training and are very paitent.

Cons

I believe there are no cons at working at h&m. Other than there is little room for growth. You really have to work hard for growth.

Advice to Management

Great starting out company to work for. Very open to dress code that allows personal self expression. I do like The ethics of H&M.

A great work environment

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dearborn, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dearborn, MI

Pros

I felt that I was paid a great wage and the managers allowed me to express my creativity in the store. The people I worked with were a great team.

Cons

I did not like the replacement manager at the end. She did not know who to manage.

11. Working on 42nd & 5th was exciting. There was never a boring moment.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at H&M part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people Busy days Not one day is the same

Cons

Commuting from Jersey was a pain

Advice to Management

Everyone was really nice and my schedule was flexible around my school hours and my primary job.

Showing 1,103 of 1,113 reviews