HA&W

HA&W Reviews

Updated Jun 15, 2014

Richard Kopelman

Truly Cares About Its Employees

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsI have never worked at a company who cares about its employees more than HA&W does (other companies I've worked for are Hyatt, William M. Mercer, AON, First Data, etc.). I have been here since 1997 and have experienced this for almost 17 years. What I like about HA&W is that they recognize each person as an individual instead of expecting everyone to be from the same mold. They show appreciation of the employees through a generous PTO policy, good benefits package and perks for employees throughout the year.

ConsYou are held accountable and do have to have a certain amount of billable hours but they're not unreasonable.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you.

ABS Intern

Advisory Business Services Intern (Former Employee)

Pros-Great firm.
    -They really care about their employees and offer competitive salary as well as other perks. Shows appreciation (holiday events, birthdays, anniversaries) as well as helpful during busy season
    -Feedback driven
    -Open door policy
    -Extensive training, continuous learning

ConsCould be a sense of clique-ish or who you know sort of mentality to advance.

Great company; loved my job

Senior Accountant (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsWell organized, great orientation, wonderful colleagues, fantastic opportunities to do work outside your main responsibilities if you have interest, open door policy, celebrates small thing (remembers birthdays etc). I could not say better things about this company - they taught me a lot and I am grateful that I worked for them.

ConsHours can be heavy during busy season, but that's the nature of a cyclical work environment

Advice to Senior ManagementYou do great; keep it up

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Solid regional firm.

Staff Accountant (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsWide exposure. Good people. Continuing efforts to make the firm a pleasurable place to work.

ConsBusy season but that comes with the industry

Excellent company, growing fast

Senior Auditor, IT Risk and Assurance (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsPartners understand employee needs and goals. Pay was at market price. Great work life balance/flexibility. Low travel

ConsHeavy work load, small staff required to juggle A LOT of projects. There was not manager in department. The partner was trying to manage the projects and sell projects. He did not have time for both. We were often self-managed for better or worse.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand partner's main function is to the sell and bring in more work. Hire managers and let them manage

It was overall a good experience. Solid company to work for

Advisory Intern (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsPeople are helpful and friendly.

ConsNot enough work available for a summer internship

Talk is cheap

Senior Accountant (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsThere are many skilled professionals that are willing to share their knowledge and expertise. The company provides Saturday lunches during busy season. A schedule is available to everyone which shows which engagements each employee will work on and when.

ConsThey have a few good ideas,but do not follow through. The buddy program is more like a lunch buddy program for one day. They do not communicate best practices. It is hard to obtain any office supplies or complete administrative tasks because of the size and disconnect between departments. Communication from supervisors needs improvement. Evaluation system consists of arbitrary rankings that mean something different from person to person.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advise management to communicate clearly and often. I would advise the partners to cut the supervisors who are running off good employees.

Senior Accountant

Senior Accountant (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsVacation and PTO is nice.

ConsDon't really feel like management support managers/staff.
    Pay could be better.

Great learning experience, LOTS OF HOURS

Senior IT Auditor (Former Employee)

ProsImmediate access to Partners, Great people Good Clients, Very low travel
    They also some really good perks such closing the office for 2 day after the tax deadline. Random half-days for charity work and random weeks to wear jeans for client deadlines. My parnter would take us out to lunch almost every Friday just to check and see how thngs were.

ConsThe work load was overwhelming at times. If you have a family and expect to see your children at night this is not the place to work. THe partner was good at his job, almost too good. He had nearly over committed on fe projects leaving a few people to handle numerous projects. I was handling 10 projects at one point. The partner did even know I was handling that many until I had meeting with him to discuss my work load

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand the workload expectations, communicate them to the staff and manage them.

Poor management feedback

Staff Auditor (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsGood salaries and good experience. Lots of companies around Atlanta know about HA&W and it looks good on a resume. The hours are better than at one of the Big 4.

ConsLittle to no management feedback. I can't tell you how many times I turned in work to a manager or partner and never heard about it again. I never felt like anyone was accountable for me. There were times when I felt like if I decided not to show up for a couple of days nobody would notice.

Also there seemed to be frequent layoffs.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop your staff. Many of the staff accountants I worked with felt lost because they rarely got feedback from management and frequently had little work to do.

Worked for HA&W? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HA&W reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for HA&W CEO Richard Kopelman. All 23 reviews posted anonymously by HA&W employees.