HARBOR CAPITAL ADVISORS Reviews

2.9
CEO
1 Rating

Well it depends...

Pros

This place is a good starting point. Most of the people here are very nice, I say most because when I say "good morning" to someone I don't really know, most of them say hello back, some just ignore me. The CEO seems pretty genuine and is receptive to feedback, since it is a small office you will run into him often. There are perks, we get food (lunch) every so often and we get special treats each month to celebrate birthdays. The benefits are good and the salary is not bad as well. The turnover rate can be a pro if you look at it because you will have the opportunity to move up.

Cons

Some groups are very cliquey and if you're looking to move up, please note that it's probably based more on how well you know the manager/people in the group you're applying for moreso than credentials. Also, the turnover is pretty high, which I feel comes from micro-management/ managers playing favorites... I mean come on you can have your favorites, but at least be a little discreet as to not upset the other employees.

Advice to Management

Executive managers are nice people in my opinion, however they need to be more open minded and stop with the hammer down managment, if they want to keep people for the long term. We have eyes, we have ears... we see everything and we hear everything. It's not us, it's you.

2. The favorites run the show.

Pros

I really cant think of any.

Cons

Promotion depends on favoritism. People dont care about others

Advice to Management

If you have constantly hire new people every year for the same position, there is a problem

3. Great Company

I worked at HARBOR CAPITAL ADVISORS full-time

Pros

CEO takes interest in his employees and treats them well. I'm pretty sure he knows everyone's name. He is genuine and to the point. The benefits are top notch and the bonus structure is great. Awesome company outings, and there is even a softball team.

Cons

VERY conservative; company tends to “play it safe” with various decisions (can be good and bad). At times employee opinions are not taken into consideration because of a single person’s opinion. There are particular managers that tend to be sneaky and micromanage – which can cause trust issues. Sometimes, communication was not thorough and it seemed there were many secrets. It’s very difficult to climb the corporate ladder because it’s a smaller firm.

Advice to Management

Don't try to be sneaky - we know.

5. Nice Company with Great Benefits

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL

I worked at HARBOR CAPITAL ADVISORS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, generous vacation and believes in hiring from within.

Cons

Company needs to understand that they are no longer based in Toledo and adapt to the "big city" way of conducting business in order to compete and retain quality talent.

Advice to Management

Talk less and listen more to staff ideas.

RSS Feed </> Embed