HBC International Reviews

2.6
CEO

1. Good Opportunity

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at HBC International (Less than a year)

Pros

Many Opportunities for Growth and Advancement. Only promotes from within. Very good for entry level job seekers with no or little experience.

Cons

Training might not feel sufficient. Dress code is always business professional. Your advancement is influenced by other team members. Business to Business, Door to Door, Face to Face and Direct Marketing

2. Account Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at HBC International (Less than a year)

Pros

Co workers are great. There us opportunity, just not here.

Cons

Manager has her own interests in mind. Just wants her money. Always has a hidden agenda and can't be trusted. Any other marketing firm, but just not this one.

3. Pyramid scheme

I worked at HBC International full-time

Pros

There are no pros to working for this company. Everything from the hours to management are horrid.

Cons

Door to door sales, which they do not tell you until your first day. They all dress in suits during the interviews to make candidates think this is an office job.

Advice to Management

Stop lying and be honest regarding the positions and the pay/benefits.

5. Horrible

Pros

There really is none. If you are needy take it, if not then continue looking.

Cons

The employees are disrespectful and disrespect customers of things don't go their way. Also what they explain about business to business is false. You are basically doing door to door sales.

Advice to Management

Do not false advertise. Look for more professional employees.

6. Good Benefits

Current Employee - Receptionist in Bridgeville, PA
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Bridgeville, PA

I have been working at HBC International part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good Benefits, you can pick your insurance from 5 nationwide insurance companies.

Cons

Next to no training, you are expected to just magically know everything immediately!

Advice to Management

more training

7. question on past employers. they ask you pacific question mostly on the past five yearrs of employeemen

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at HBC International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good feed back, pleasant and normal questions. the management can listen to your ideas and try to work with you if they think it is a good idea and the company will benefit from it.

Cons

i can not think of anything out of the ordinary. the usual office politics that exist in almost every company.

Advice to Management

need to be more involved in identifying talented people and have a fast track to upper management. many times the company need young blood with new ides,

8. Fantastic Career Opportunity!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at HBC International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I would recommend HBC International to people who are looking for a fun and rewarding environment! I started with this company because of the growth, great training, and the people here really care about my goals in life. I have worked many corporate type positions in the past where I was treated as a number and not an asset and with HBC it has been the exact opposite. The management and leadership team focuses on the people and the success of their people in order to grow and I have grown more as a person in my few months here that I have in years with other companies.

Cons

The training is a little fast but really teaches you to push yourself.

Advice to Management

Great coaching and leadership. The CEO really sets a positive example for what she expects and proves with her hard work and dedication that anything can be done.

Difficult business clientele, but unlimited upward mobility if you work for it.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at HBC International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with. Fun environment. Tremendous growth opportunity.

Cons

residential marketing and sales can be very tough weak minded individuals.

It was great at the beginning

Pros

Learned a lot about different. public speaking Time management Interviewing skills Communication skills They give you advances (bcuz your check is always low)

Cons

Everything that they tell you on your interview is a big fat lie. The days are long hours and not what is told at the beginning when hired. They see you as numbers and not people. To them it is all about money money money. I mean money is great but you won't make it here. They send you very far and you have to work when it's pouring rain and use your own car. I was there for a while and never saw a promotion. I saw a demotion but never a promotion. They "President" Is full of lies. She will do anything to keep you around.

Advice to Management

I think you should be demoted and go through a retrain. You are a grown person but you act like a 15 year old girl on her days. You definitely have favorites but those are the ones you know you can control. If you would be genuinely nice and did things from the heart the. You'll have a successful office.

11. lies

Pros

if you're desperate for a job.

Cons

it is door to door sales.

Advice to Management

be honest in interview process

RSS Feed </> Embed