HBC International

Updated July 31, 2014
Updated July 31, 2014
3.2

CEO

question on past employers. they ask you pacific question mostly on the past five yearrs of employeemen

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at HBC International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good feed back, pleasant and normal questions. the management can listen to your ideas and try to work with you if they think it is a good idea and the company will benefit from it.

Cons

i can not think of anything out of the ordinary. the usual office politics that exist in almost every company.

need to be more involved in identifying talented people and have a fast track to upper management. many times the company need young blood with new ides,

Great Company! Great People! Amazing Growth!

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at HBC International full-time for less than a year

Pros

HBC International is a growing company during a difficult time. This just proves that they are a group of hard working people willing to do what it takes for success. The team environment and culture is uplifting on a daily basis and I have never had a company care so much about my personal business opportunities on an individual basis. I would highly recommend checking this company out if you are looking to gain personal growth, management experience or a career not a job.

Cons

The compensation and benefits are extremely rewarding for the people that have a great student mentality and are willing to put in the time and effort for it! The leadership and management team goes above and beyond to help coach and train you on a daily basis. The company truly cares and believes in their people and I love working here!

Best management I have ever worked with!

Fantastic Career Opportunity!

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at HBC International full-time for less than a year

Pros

I would recommend HBC International to people who are looking for a fun and rewarding environment! I started with this company because of the growth, great training, and the people here really care about my goals in life. I have worked many corporate type positions in the past where I was treated as a number and not an asset and with HBC it has been the exact opposite. The management and leadership team focuses on the people and the success of their people in order to grow and I have grown more as a person in my few months here that I have in years with other companies.

Cons

The training is a little fast but really teaches you to push yourself.

Great coaching and leadership. The CEO really sets a positive example for what she expects and proves with her hard work and dedication that anything can be done.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was great at the beginning

I have been working at HBC International

Pros

Learned a lot about different.
    public speaking
    Time management
    Interviewing skills
    Communication skills
    They give you advances (bcuz your check is always low)

Cons

Everything that they tell you on your interview is a big fat lie.
    The days are long hours and not what is told at the beginning when hired.
    They see you as numbers and not people. To them it is all about money money money.
    I mean money is great but you won't make it here. They send you very far and you have to work when it's pouring rain and use your own car.
    I was there for a while and never saw a promotion. I saw a demotion but never a promotion.
    They "President" Is full of lies. She will do anything to keep you around.

I think you should be demoted and go through a retrain. You are a grown person but you act like a 15 year old girl on her days.
    You definitely have favorites but those are the ones you know you can control.
    If you would be genuinely nice and did things from the heart the. You'll have a successful office.

Difficult business clientele, but unlimited upward mobility if you work for it.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at HBC International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people to work with.
    Fun environment.
    Tremendous growth opportunity.

Cons

residential marketing and sales can be very tough weak minded individuals.

lies

I worked at HBC International

Pros

if you're desperate for a job.

Cons

it is door to door sales.

be honest in interview process

Solid Place

I have been working at HBC International

Pros

Good people that will help you learn the job

Cons

Time Consuming- lots of hours. minimum pay.

They don't tell you in interview, but this is a door-to-door sales job that is basically solicitation.

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at HBC International full-time for less than a year

Pros

They do train you, and for a door-to-door job sales job, they do pay ok. The work environment is great and the people you will work with are absolutely fantastic.

Cons

This is a door-to-door sales job that is basically solicitation. The job is Monday-Saturday and the hours are basically 10:00am to 9:30pm. You MIGHT get off early on Saturday.

Be more honest in interview about what a regular day looks like.

Invaluable work experience. I learned what college wouldn't and didn't teach me.

Current Employee - Account Representative  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at HBC International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Team Environment. Management cares and is dedicated to your success. Training and very hands on and not out of a manual. No politics and not seniority based.

Cons

You must be very disciplined and have time management. If you can't stay focused, or your easily distracted or unmotivated, it won't be a good fit. You actually have to work, and not have an hour pay mentality. This is not a good job if you are just looking for a desk job.

Keep doing what you're doing. Keep up with the hands on training, it was the best training i have experienced yet. It is nice to go into work everyday and want to be there, I haven't had that feeling in awhile.

Great opportunity!

I have been working at HBC International

Pros

The employees of HBC are more than just coworkers/colleagues, but family. Everyone cared about my personal/professional goals. Many company's treat their employees like a number, but this team treated me with a person who had ideas to contribute of how to grow the company. It is a great experience learning the ins and outs of sales/marketing.

Cons

It is very performance driven. So if you are not willing to work hard, then this is not the job for you.

Keep up the good work.

Worked for HBC International? Contribute to the Community!