HCFS. Inc Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.0
Julie Faling

1. Established Company evolving as a Stronger Organization!

I have been working at HCFS. Inc full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Our Management Team has done a great job in bringing process improvements and efficiencies into our traditional line of business, as well as developing and evolving into a stronger Revenue Cycle Solution company. It is great to be a part of these changes and look forward to continued success in these efforts.

Cons

Many process changes and the evolution of our service offerings can cause concern for those who want to keep things 'as is'. It's important for all employees to ask questions and keep their focus on ways we can work together towards the new goals - not just get stuck in old processes.

Advice to Management

Keep the 'big picture' communication coming to employees - it's exciting and appreciated.

2. Response to the Marketing Specialist

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

I worked at HCFS. Inc full-time

Pros

“...there has been a solid coordination of efforts in the approach and communication of these changes over the last few years.." Really? Did the company put forth a solid effort to communicate to the DOZENS of employees who were abruptly laid off in Feb 2014? Did the company so much as give them a heads up so that they had time to look for other employment? Or did they just "trim the fat" with no regard for the good people who were trying to feed their families?

Cons

"Our Senior Leadership has the ‘big picture’ in mind, and our internal efforts are always centered around this."
    Yeah, and I guess that 'big picture' is how Senior Leadership can keep their jobs while desperately trying to cut enough costs (i.e. employees) so that the company doesn't go out of business completely. I understood the direction of the company just fine - lay off enough people so that HCFS can weather the financial storm they created in the first place through lack of planning.

Advice to Management

"We are proud of the longevity of our employees..."
    Now, this is just offensive. HCFS laid off people who worked there over a decade. HCFS leadership laid off employees who were literally family members. Not sure who you are, but don't make it sound like I'm just some bitter ex-employee. People need to know about HCFS. People need to know about what kind spin people like you are putting on this. It's simple - the failure of leadership at this company caused a financial crisis that cost dozens of good people their jobs through no fault of their own. It's not right. It's not in line with the HCFS I knew. This company lost its soul after Rick passed away. Rick cared about employees and their families. I miss those days.

3. The opportunity of a Lifetime.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

I have been working at HCFS. Inc full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is large enough to offer good benefits, yet small enough to be acknowledged for advancement opportunities verses large corporations.

Cons

Work-life balance can be a challenge during certain projects, yet the outcome outweigh the sacrifice.

Advice to Management

i have had the privilege to have an encouraging management team that believes in my strengths and helps diminish my weaknesses.

5. An experience ...

Former Employee - Employee Preparation and Standards Specialist in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Employee Preparation and Standards Specialist in Frisco, TX

I worked at HCFS. Inc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Travel, employee benefits, multiple site locations, strong resource systems

Cons

Company culture encourages back biting, gossiping and distrust. The cons are not evident on first glance but become glaringly obvious within 90 days. A successful person in this organization does not cause waves and networks with the executives and management.

Advice to Management

No advice, management feeds into the negatives within the organization.

6. Overall, good place to work.

Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Opelousas, LA
    Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Opelousas, LA

I have been working at HCFS. Inc

Pros

good pay and benefits. Good people and good managemnt style. You are not micromanaged. Managers are understanding when it comes to needed time off.

Cons

I really cant think of any cons to this company. It may be that some days you are over loaded on accounts to work and that sometimes the managers cant understand how you can't do everything.

Advice to Management

I think the managers (the ones I have had) have been very good. I think it would be better if they would understand that sometimes you can't work the required number of accounts per day, but that you do try.

7. I am very proud of what we do at HCFS and the employees who work for our Company!

I have been working at HCFS. Inc

Pros

Great with work life balance; understands the importance of giving back to the people in our communities; great place to learn and grow as an individual; has managers that care about you as a person.

Cons

Located in 14 states, so it is tough to get all employees together

Advice to Management

The managers are expected to manage multiple locations (sometimes in different states) and they do a GREAT job visiting each location to ensure that each employee knows what is going on and what is expected in their performance. They give progressive discipline and action plans to get you back on track (if needed). The managers really care about the employees and the job we do! It starts at the top with Rick Faling.

RSS Feed </> Embed