HCL Technologies Reviews in India

3.2
3,207 Reviews

HCL Technologies CEO Anant Gupta
Anant Gupta

Pros
  • Provides the work life balance which is a major concern in todays corporate world (in 292 reviews)

• Work environment is more friendly & provides full opportunity to take lead in higher responsibilities (in 231 reviews)

Cons
  • Working timings needs to be streamlined to allow better work life balance (in 79 reviews)

• Only company words say "employee first" but no concern on employee whatsoever (in 92 reviews)

More Highlights

2,167 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Its been a wonderful experience working with HCL , i have not only grown professionally i have learned how to ideate .

I have been working at HCL Technologies

Pros

the best reason to work in HCL is the culture that the company possess , the culture of Ideapreneurship , every employee has a license to ideate in this organization . we can be our own enterpreneurs and the company will support us in every possible way . There is a culture of ideation and inverting the pyramid which means employees always at the top of the pyramid and are empowered , enthused , encouraged to innovate and excel

Cons

the challange could be how to showcase your innovation as best innovation as 90,000 employees ideate in HCL .

Making process more simpler and motivating employees to adapt to the beautiful culture of HCL and make HCL world's largest Ideapreneurship company in the world .

A true Ideapreneurship

Current Employee - Brand Manager in Noida (India)
    Current Employee - Brand Manager in Noida (India)

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If there's one organization that's open to ideas, it's HCL. My batchmates are placed in various IT service providers including IOPs, and they all face rigid hierarchy that seems to get in the way of great ideas being implemented. Here at HCL Tech, we are encouraged to take risks with our seniors and team constantly backing us up. If there's one thing we lack, it's the fear of failure.

Cons

I think recreational facilities could be improved a bit. A few foosball tables, a basketball court and a football field wouldnt hurt i suppose :)

The most thrilling and chalanging yet amazing job satisfaction and opportunity to realize one's dreams,in HCL CEC.

Current Employee - Program Manager Customer Experience Center in Noida (India)
    Current Employee - Program Manager Customer Experience Center in Noida (India)

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The work culture gives huge importance to employee's ideas and initiatives.

Cons

Too much rests on my shoulders.

There shoyuld be more opportunities of time off

Employer first customer second-EFCS

Current Employee - Human Resources Representative in Chennai (India)
    Current Employee - Human Resources Representative in Chennai (India)

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The mission of Employer first customer second is to provide business owners and their employees with quality services. HCL doing the best part in it. A best place to learn grows and shine.
    Better place to work with your family, I mean to say HCL gives employment to the HCLite’s family if they meets the requirement.

Cons

Career growth can be differentiated into two types, one is financial growth of an individual another one is self-development. Here we can get at least one for sure

Appreciate the employer first and customer second council, would be great if the council have more concentrate on customers too

HCL Technologies - The Best Place to Work

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Associate Manager in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

EFCS policy is onceof the best. If your expectation from an Organization is Career Growth along with the Organization growth then HCL is the Best place. The Employee is allowed to take the Responsibility. Work Culture have no words to say.

Cons

Long timers are not considered.

The is no doubt on Values, Perks and Work Culture. But the Longer timers should be given some importance.

A great experience so far.. wit a lot left to discover.

Current Employee - Social Media Recruiter in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Social Media Recruiter in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at HCL Technologies as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

One of the major pros of working with HCL Tech is being exposed to various functions.
    It provides for personal learning and growth.
    The work culture and the process is transparent making way for a better understanding of responsibilities.

Cons

TAT being a bit on the higher end, there is a delay in certain process'
    A lot of flexibility is asked out of the employee due to frequent changes structurally.

The top management needs to have more interactions with the bottom line employees at frequent intervals to discuss the organisational path's to give a more better sense of ownership about each individuals responsibility.

For every professional looking for an excellent career opportunity

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time

Pros

Good opportunity for employees to work in an organization that gives liberty to unleash innovative thinking within themselves. The employees, who deliver business transformation and growth with a combination of their technical and management expertise are later converted to IDEAPRENEURS at HCL. Appreciation along with growth opportunites to the deserving employees is a part and parcel of HCL's culture. Female employees are given special preference with innumerable facilities to enhance the FEMALE DIVERSITY ratio within the organization. Employees working at HCL, prefer a long term association with the organization. Even if they resign and join some other organization, they are always willing to return to HCL. The only reason of this comeback is the role that the employees enjoy at HCL. The advanced / newest technologies and the responsibilities of an individual contributor gives the employees a sense of contentment, that no other organization gives. At the end of the day all of us want to feel contented about our work profile.

Cons

HCL offers salary hikes as per market standards. Over expectation of compensation may lead to disappointment. Background Verification checks are quite stringent and no clemency is given to employees without proper education and work experience documents.

Management should think about breaking the conventional trend of offering normal compensation, which would make HCL a dream company for every IT / non IT Professional.

Amazing Learning Experience in past one year!!!!

Current Employee - Sourcing Planner in Noida (India)
    Current Employee - Sourcing Planner in Noida (India)

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

HCL team believes in Ideapreneurship.... where each member is ready to service beyond contract...

Open environment where ideas are welcomed.

Cons

Not a very good pay master....

Nothing coming to mind as such.....

A place where diverse experience and experiment are done simultaneously to scale success!! - SAIKAT MAITY

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Noida (India)
    Current Employee - Associate Manager in Noida (India)

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A platform where your ideas are heard and implemented if it adds value to the system.
    Even if it does not you are free to impliment in your own process and show how effective it is. Growth path is defined if you know how to grab the oppurtunities and show what you are best at. Leadership qualities develope while you run and fall and strive to get up to achieve your goals; provided you know what to want to achieve.

Cons

Decision making takes time as it follows a series of approvals but i think it is required for a better decission making. "It's better to know your sailor better before you hand over the ship".

"A good company to work with"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working at HCL has been an amazing experience. You can meet people from various backgrounds and enjoy learning to actively contribute to Team's performance and success. Management is great and has been extremely successful in ensuring a good team fit with new members.

Cons

Not any to mention as such