HCL Technologies

Updated Jul 6, 2014

HCL Technologies CEO Anant Gupta

Anant Gupta

632 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

HR policies are very poorly implemented.

Senior Manager (Former Employee)
    Noida (India)

ProsGood PR skills can help your growth very much.

ConsNo appreciation of qualification and education.

Advice to Senior ManagementPls strengthen your HR department. Delivery managers should not be allowed to act as dictators.

Work is good, but administration is pathetic

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)
    Noida (India)

ProsYou may get good work in some projects

ConsAll I can say is that I have been trusting the company & idealogy since past many years, but it feels that they believe in breaking the trust. The company says that they have fully transparent appraisal process & all in the company know that they run a parallel Excel sheet. Now that is a mockery in many ways: its not transparent and when there is a automated system that too in IT company, then why do we have go for separate process. Growth only happens to senior guys, they are not worried about anyone or even organisation. These things are only for clients and juniors. HR is best here, it gets everything done from employee by terrifying them of repercussions in Appraisal. And, if by any chance you want anything from HR, they won't even bother to reply.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust be what you preach. It doesn't look good that you say something else & do opposite.

good company

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)
    New Delhi (India)

Prosgood work culture and leadership

Conscompensation is average as compared to other companies of same level

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Work Environment

Senior Executive (Former Employee)
    Noida (India)

ProsGood Environment, Good Career Development Opportunity, Good Learning Opportunity

ConsLow Pay, Lots of things are not in place, Defective Admin., Lots of things not available from the 1st day of work, Need to do follow up all the times to get the things that you need for work.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the management a bit flexible, fast approvals and availability of the important things which is necessary for working from the 1st day.

Empowering experience at HCL

Assistant General Manager (Current Employee)
    Noida (India)

ProsEmpowerment to take your own decisions and lead them. In my 13+ years of career at HCL i have never once felt discouraged or un-appreciated at HCL. Its a wonderful place to work indeed!

ConsThe company is always on an overdrive, so i guess a few pauses will do :)

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

The journey has been satisfactory till now.

Senior Network Specialist (Current Employee)
    Noida (India)

ProsGrowth opportunities if you are working the right way and meeting targets as per the guidance.

ConsManagement might mar your growth depending upon your relations with them.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open minded.

Best Company to work with

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)
    Noida (India)

ProsBest Infrastructure and work Environment provided. A lot of learning and development opportunities provided by the company through various Training programs. Women Employees are provided with a safe working environment, Free transportation and Festive celebrations, career Connect, Life Coach, Creche and many other facilities are provided by the company which helps in maintaining a work life balance.

ConsAppraisal Process is not fully Transparent.

Great with various challenges

Project Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible working
    Efficient Company Leadership
    Brand Name

Cons3 Month Fixed Notice Period
    Limited Growth Opportunities for High Level Technical Resources
    Too much Sales driven (Customers are promised deliverable which are at time infeasible and even then saqles is non accountable)
    Average to below average Salary Structure
    Average Opportunities for Skill development
    Low and Middle level management has low or no vision

Advice to Senior ManagementShare and create vision for low and middle management
    Salary structure has to be corrected (atleast for top performers) to retain talent
    Same promotion metrics should be used for all (In my experience seen favoritism openly and flattery working bringing incompetent people especially in low and middle management)
    Define Growth path for technical resources (Mostly they are going towards management, I have seen a lot of resources leaving outside as HCL doesn't have architects role easily available)

Employee first for sure...Provides many opportunities to learn and grow if you are loyal to you work

Deputy Manager (Current Employee)
    Noida (India)

ProsBest reason to work at HCL is the opportunities you'll get irrespective of the experience or educational level. You may be a fresher but if you have potential, HCL management would not hesitate to put you in a role you really deserve. There is a high growth rate for talented people with constant appreciation and motivation to work better. There's always scope of learning and performing better and the management would give you all the support you need to make things better. There's also flexibility in terms of timings, dress code etc and the ultimately what matters is how you perform. Also your ideas will never be suppressed and if your immediate management doesn't appreciate them, you have multiple portals to express your innovative mindset.

ConsOne of the major cones in working with this company is the appraisal rate. Be rest assured that the appraisal would be only once a year and the mid term appraisal is just for name sake. Also the appraisal takes months to get closed. Hike rate is maximum 10% which is very less as compared to other companies

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement does pay a lot of attention to work however somehow there's very less attention or a plan for personal growth of a team member unless he/she becomes a cry baby and starts whining. It would be really good to keep growth goals for an individual laid out at the beginning and he/she would be awarded well if he/she achieves those and more. Management needs to invest more in the team.

Awesome, I have enjoyed my last 5 years with HCL and hope for the same for upcoming years too....

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

ProsEndless Opportunities
    WorkLife Balance
    Good Compensation
    Nice Work Culture
    Thoughtfull Leadership

ConsDealing with Admin & Support staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks to Upper Mgt for providing recognition for Outstanding performers.

Worked for HCL Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

HCL Technologies Videos

HCL Technologies – Why Work for Us?

At HCL, we bring IT and engineering services under one roof to solve complex business problems for our clients. We attribute our success to our dedicated workforce, currently estimated at 95,000 . By leveraging… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HCL Technologies reviews and ratings in New Delhi, India — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for HCL Technologies CEO Anant Gupta. All 632 reviews posted anonymously by HCL Technologies employees.