HCL Technologies

HCL Technologies Reviews in New York City, NY

Updated Jul 2, 2014

HCL Technologies CEO Anant Gupta

Anant Gupta

Pros
  • Provides the work life balance which is a major concern in todays corporate world(in 232 reviews)

• Work environment is more friendly & provides full opportunity to take lead in higher responsibilities(in 206 reviews)

Cons
  • Working timings needs to be streamlined to allow better work life balance(in 57 reviews)

• Only company words say "employee first" but no concern on employee whatsoever(in 82 reviews)

38 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It was a definite learning experience

SAP Managing Consultant (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsSmart people, good compensation & benefits

ConsManagement was a revolving door and they expect way too much of their employees. No work/life balance. Once HCL acquired Axon, things went south.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your people do their job and get out of their way. Don't get so caught up on internal processes that your people don't have time to take care of their clients.

Mostly positive, there did seem to be some management problems.

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsLarge International company making inroads to the US market for ERP projects.

ConsAs I mentioned, there were some management problems. But what else is new!?

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to examine middle management from other than your primary perspective. See how things look to people underneath a middle manager.

Neutral

Senior Specialist (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

Prosfriendly work culture and like any other Indian IT company.

ConsAs said...like any other indian company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stay Away!

IT Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsIt's a Job. Better than being unemployed

ConsCompany is based in India. All processes are performed via e-mail and HR customer service portal. Things take long to get resolved. The ratio of manager to employees actually performing the work need to be reversed. I had to give mandatory 2 weeks notice before leaving, which meant they would owe me another week of pay. Have not received payment for my last week. seeking legal action to try to get paid.

Advice to Senior Management"Employees First" axiom is definitely not practiced in HCL America. You do get the impression that it is in India.
    If company policies apply only to certain regions they should be made specifically clear.
    Sensitivity training should also be given to Indian employees – so they can relate to American culture just as American employees are given sensitivity training to learn to relate to Indian employees.

• Have 10 years of total experience IBM Mainframe Technology and Project management portfolio, worked in mainframe based

Project Lead (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsEmployee friendly company
    Great work envn

ConsNew global company merge taking step back,

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to more focus and need improvement

Very unfair company to employees and customers. Even damaging to US by using unethical and illegal visa practices.

Sales Executive (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsOne should think of working here for a month or two only in case there is no other respectable job available.

ConsCompany pays bonus / incentive only partially and that too after 6 months of closing the financial year provided the employee is on pay roll on the date of the payout. 95% of HCL sales people in US have been brought from India on H1B visa by declaring incorrect job descriptions to immigration. This is done to ensure that the salaries paid to sales executives are almost equal to the salaries of truck drivers in US. Even these sales executives working on truck drivers' salary are not paid their incetives at all or paid only partially.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot worth giving any advice

Mixed bag of experiences

Program Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood work environment; Teams are good.

ConsCompensation & Transparency in policies

Advice to Senior ManagementTransparency is required in communications to employees

employee

Network Support (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosnone the collect a paycheck and start looking for another company to work for.

ConsWhen you are an HCL employee they pay as if you where in india you need to sub your income with Food Stamps to help you make ends meat. one of the most worse companies to work for. They take over a network support contract in the US and by the end of a year the US company is looking to get rid of them. they win the contract because they are cheap and they lie. you get what you are paying for. they lied to there employees and customers. they need to import more H1B Visas from india to Survive In the USA. When HCL bring people from India they last 6 months they jump to another US company looking for more money.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey dont tell the true all lies. good company to be a union shop.

Not a great company

Group Project Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood learning oppurtunities for freshers and college passouts.

ConsMicro management and lack of open attitude

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement need to start focussing on employee satisfaction. Company needs to revisit all employee benefits and related policies

Sr. Project Manager

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat Company, once you are in they will move you around and find the best fit for your skills.

ConsEverything is handled through the company website and sometimes it is hard to get around.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey are doing a great job, just make sure you continue to listen to your employees

Worked for HCL Technologies? Contribute to the Community!