HCL Technologies

Updated Jul 22, 2014

3.2 2,809 reviews

HCL Technologies CEO Anant Gupta

Anant Gupta

Pros
  • Provides the work life balance which is a major concern in todays corporate world(in 232 reviews)

• HCL gives you opportunities to learn and grow but its depends on you as well as on your managers(in 77 reviews)

Cons
  • Working timings needs to be streamlined to allow better work life balance(in 56 reviews)

• Only company words say "employee first" but no concern on employee whatsoever(in 81 reviews)

2,809 Employee Reviews

Nice company to work with.

ProsPlenty of opportunities inside the company

ConsNot a competitive salary otherwise all is good.

Good experience with HCL

Project Manager III (Current Employee)

ProsBIG company and great project lots of opportunities for employes. good work env and flexible working hours

ConsLow Salaries and low appraisal as well , company should reviews salary structure and it should be good competitive in industry

Happy HCLite!!!

Talent Acquisition Group (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsWorking for HCL that truly cares about the employees is priceless!!! There are other employers for everything else…

ConsBusy work always, but Busy is Good!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Employee first motto!

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsProvides ample opportunities to learn and grow while appreciating for hard and smart work.

ConsHR team need to find couple of areas of opportunities and be a star of a star company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is only advice that i can give, for them to keep the good thing coming.

Journey with HCL Technologies

Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsIt is a great experience working with a great organisation like HCL Technologies. I am getting ample opportunities to showcase myself. The training organised by the company is always extensive and the faculties are always excellent.Moreover, HCL is a learning curve, always there is something new that you pick at work and try and implement it to see to the better of your operation.
    The management is supportive of your plan and have enrolled many a project for ideas to be used on a common platform and recognized the deserving ones.
    The support from management is good and the co- workers attitude is always welcoming.

ConsSince company is big, you need to devote considerably.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is very friendly and supportive but would be more helpful if they take the feedback from the grass-root level.

Journey with HCL Technologies

Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsIt is a great experience working with a great Organization like HCL Technologies.I am getting ample opportunities to showcase myself.The training organised by the company is always extensive and the faculties are always excellent. Moreover, HCL is a learning curve always there is a something new that you pick at work and try and implement it to see to the better of your operation.
    The management is supportive of your plan have enrolled many a project for ideas to be used on a common platform and recognised the deserving ones.
    The support from management is good and the co-workers attitude is always welcoming.

ConsSince company is big, you need to devote considerably.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is very friendly and supportive but would be more helpful if they take the feedback from the grass root level.

Freedom to live your dreams

Global Human Resources (Current Employee) Quincy, MA

Pros- Every individual is equipped with the freedom to perform out of the box.
    - Entrepreneurship is a built-in attribute of HCL's work culture, which we call "ideaprenurship" here.
    - It is an equal opportunity employer which offers the same wide space to everyone irrespective of your type of professional engagement (Contractor or a Full Time employment).

Cons- If you don't have a goal or a vision to achieve that, then it's just an organization which runs the payroll on time, invests (or wastes a lot of time) in learning, takes care (involves in irrelevant activities) of personal development.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep empowering people the way you guys have been doing from past two decades. Core is the foundation which can bear all the transformational changes by the time. Please hold this gratitude always.

Good stable job but takes a long time to get paid properly

IT Manager (Current Employee) Durham, NC

ProsStable job, relaxed environment when they do the Employee First and stick to it, then it can be nice

ConsThey have India take care of everything on the backend, causes issues with not being paid properly and promotions

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease work on making business run more like America

Advancement and opportunities over last 5+ years, but now has stopped

ProsFlexible management to balance family emergencies with work requirements. In the past always provided choices for next assignment.

ConsLimited work-life balance over last 2 years. Company DNA of Employee First is lost. Compensation is consistently below market, and even though company is experiencing double-digit growth, raises have ceased.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevise compensation to market, and bring back Employee First DNA.

not so good

Technical Lead (Current Employee) Cary, NC

Prosyou get opportunities to work on everything

Conspoor work life balance with no to very little time for your growth and learning

Advice to Senior Managementneed to clean up the processes.

Worked for HCL Technologies? Contribute to the Community!