HCL Technologies

3.2 2,757 reviews

HCL Technologies CEO Anant Gupta

Anant Gupta

2,757 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Its hard to find pros, but depending on project there may be good work life balance"
    in 211 reviews
  • "HCL gives you opportunities to learn and grow but its depends on you as well as on your managers"
    in 72 reviews
Cons:
  • "Excess work presure disrutps the work life balance of an individul"
    in 46 reviews
  • "Employee First' philosophy has turned out to be a mere marketing gimmick"
    in 76 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Happy HCLite!!!

Talent Acquisition Group (Current Employee)
    Jersey City, NJ

ProsWorking for HCL that truly cares about the employees is priceless!!! There are other employers for everything else…

ConsBusy work always, but Busy is Good!

Employee first motto!

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsProvides ample opportunities to learn and grow while appreciating for hard and smart work.

ConsHR team need to find couple of areas of opportunities and be a star of a star company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is only advice that i can give, for them to keep the good thing coming.

Journey with HCL Technologies

Talent Acquisition (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsIt is a great experience working with a great organisation like HCL Technologies. I am getting ample opportunities to showcase myself. The training organised by the company is always extensive and the faculties are always excellent.Moreover, HCL is a learning curve, always there is something new that you pick at work and try and implement it to see to the better of your operation.
    The management is supportive of your plan and have enrolled many a project for ideas to be used on a common platform and recognized the deserving ones.
    The support from management is good and the co- workers attitude is always welcoming.

ConsSince company is big, you need to devote considerably.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is very friendly and supportive but would be more helpful if they take the feedback from the grass-root level.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Journey with HCL Technologies

Talent Acquisition (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsIt is a great experience working with a great Organization like HCL Technologies.I am getting ample opportunities to showcase myself.The training organised by the company is always extensive and the faculties are always excellent. Moreover, HCL is a learning curve always there is a something new that you pick at work and try and implement it to see to the better of your operation.
    The management is supportive of your plan have enrolled many a project for ideas to be used on a common platform and recognised the deserving ones.
    The support from management is good and the co-workers attitude is always welcoming.

ConsSince company is big, you need to devote considerably.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is very friendly and supportive but would be more helpful if they take the feedback from the grass root level.

Freedom to live your dreams

Global Human Resources (Current Employee)
    Quincy, MA

Pros- Every individual is equipped with the freedom to perform out of the box.
    - Entrepreneurship is a built-in attribute of HCL's work culture, which we call "ideaprenurship" here.
    - It is an equal opportunity employer which offers the same wide space to everyone irrespective of your type of professional engagement (Contractor or a Full Time employment).

Cons- If you don't have a goal or a vision to achieve that, then it's just an organization which runs the payroll on time, invests (or wastes a lot of time) in learning, takes care (involves in irrelevant activities) of personal development.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep empowering people the way you guys have been doing from past two decades. Core is the foundation which can bear all the transformational changes by the time. Please hold this gratitude always.

Its been a funfilled learning and growth

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee)

Pros1. Supportive team and managers
    2. Encouragement to take up challenges and implement ideas
    3. Identify new opportunities and follow to closure
    4. Transparent and open culture
    5. Ability to directly interact with the senior management
    6. On time payments with no hassles

Cons1. Demanding environment and need to be able to keep up with the demands
    2. Working timings needs to be streamlined to allow better work life balance

HCL has been a friendly and secure corporate port to dock my career ship at.

ProsAt HCL, Ideapreneurship encourages germination of ideas, nurturing and implementing them thereby providing a great platform for individual and organizational growth. Leadgen is another initiative aimed at tapping business opportunities identified by HCLites and recognizing them for their customer-facing and marketing skills.

ConsThough work-life balance may get affected for a few HCLites, especially for those working in shifts, better planning and counseling would definitely help restore it.

Advice to Senior ManagementA stronger focus on recognizing and retaining talented professionals would go a long way in creating a better knowledge organization and spur HCL's growth further.

Come on and git it together already!

Help Desk (Current Employee)
    Cary, NC

ProsTraining,
    this is the place to go if you want real world experience on how not to setup and run a call center. Good prep (plenty of operational problems to solve) for someone who my want to get into management and make a name for themselves.

ConsHCL re-invents the wheel when under going a new project

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn from the mistakes of the past and then apply those lessons to future projects

good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsChance to learn New technologies

ConsWorking hrs in office so much

Good for Freshers/entry level

Lead Consultant (Former Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

ProsLots of opportunities for customer facing onsite job

Consbad HR policies, comparatively low salary, dont care emplyees attitude, growth for an employee is too slow, appraisal followed for name sake.

Worked for HCL Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

HCL Technologies Videos

HCL Technologies – Why Work for Us?

At HCL, we bring IT and engineering services under one roof to solve complex business problems for our clients. We attribute our success to our dedicated workforce, currently estimated at 95,000 . By leveraging… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HCL Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for HCL Technologies CEO Anant Gupta. All 2,757 reviews posted anonymously by HCL Technologies employees.