HCL Technologies

Updated Jul 28, 2014

3.2 2,837 reviews

HCL Technologies CEO Anant Gupta

Anant Gupta

Pros
  • Provides the work life balance which is a major concern in todays corporate world (in 232 reviews)

• Work environment is more friendly & provides full opportunity to take lead in higher responsibilities (in 206 reviews)

Cons
  • Working timings needs to be streamlined to allow better work life balance (in 57 reviews)

• Only company words say "employee first" but no concern on employee whatsoever (in 82 reviews)

More Highlights
2,837 Employee Reviews

A great company to work

ProsNo stress
    Freedom to express
    Work from home when neccessary

ConsNothing
    No night shift allowances
    No on call allowances

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing

Design Engineer

ProsCompany brand name is good. Market value

ConsSalary is less comparative to the market.

Advice to Senior ManagementSalary Normalization

Flying high with HCL

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Woodbury, CT

ProsHCL as an Organisation gives opportunity to spread your wings and fly high, it allows an individual to decide the limits. An awesome place to work.

ConsNothing faced which can be mentioned or can be considered as a cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementMany individuals working assumes what employee first is, management should try to share the share the meaning to the root level.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interesting and challenging. Peace in mind, career oriented and friendly

Lead Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsPeace in mind, nice work environment, Friendly colleagues and helping managers

ConsGrouping in teams some times, Company policies are not too good

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the policies better and employee friendly. Make them free to work in their style.

Freedom, but at the cost of some money

Technical Lead (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsRespect, Recognition, Freedom and more open culture. There is one saying in HCL, you can put your name on a Brick, on a wall or on an entire building. As with every other organization in the world, here to you find different people, but the culture as a whole is very open and not very hierarchical as any typical Indian company. Though we are seeing some freedom is being taken off in the last couple of years, its better than what I hear from my friends in other similar companies.

ConsIndia or in other countries, the compensation at HCL is always below the average market rate. This is always a pain.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider salary as one of the key retention tool, apart from other emotional things. And there is lot of scope to improve in the internal processes which takes more time than needed.

HCL - Great place to start

Technical Lead (Current Employee) Morrisville, NC

ProsBest work culture, positive outlook, empowerment. Provide opportunity to be yourself and stretch your limits. Hard work & Smart work will be recognized.

Conssalary is not competitive. Promotions are very slow. Identifying talents are not neutral always.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Wonderful

ProsWork culture and senior management support

ConsNo cons are existing there

Program Manager for Embedded device development

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsIn HCL there are lots of initiatives to improve employees entrepreneur skills. HCL provides better role based training's. Senior Management is highly supportive towards the employees.

ConsNothing much, except some time need to compromise work life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to plan for workshops for Onsite team to share the best practices from various engagements, so that things can be learnt from other team experience

HCL has opened some great opportunities for me to learn and expand my IT experience.

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsFreedom, autonomy, opportunity. HCL allows its employees to take full ownership of their careers. Managers do not micromanage. Managers are supportive.

ConsHCL is somewhat disconnected from itself. It is very decentralized. Getting answers or information can be a challenge. Their own in-house phone support is pretty bad. HCL is an Indian company with a corporate office in the US, And the language barrier can be extremely frustating.

Enjoying work

Associate Consultant (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsHCL maintain the work-life balance very well, provide the required training time to time. Management support employee wherever required.

ConsI am good with the company.

Worked for HCL Technologies? Contribute to the Community!