HCL Technologies

3.2
3,357 Reviews

HCL Technologies CEO Anant Gupta
Anant Gupta

Pros
  • Provides the work life balance which is a major concern in todays corporate world (in 312 reviews)

• A positive work environment which makes me more excited to come for the work every day (in 239 reviews)

Cons
  • Working timings needs to be streamlined to allow better work life balance (in 83 reviews)

• Only company words say "employee first" but no concern on employee whatsoever (in 94 reviews)

More Highlights

Good organization to start with...

I have been working at HCL Technologies

Pros

Good organization to start with...

Cons

Not for long term, good for early years...

worst company ever to work and join

Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

hard working software engineers from india.Some people in company are good at technical skills.

Cons

worst company ever to work

1.Managers look their sub-ordinates as slaves.There is no professionalism in the company.

2.If your manager likes you then you will be at good position.There is no proper recognition for any work you do in the company.More of biased company to certain individuals.Managers are very
    dishonest. They will lie to you while your joining on company benefits.

3.Company expected you to work all hours in a day including weekends at short notice and will not take into account their employees obligations outside of work .They don't pay you anything for extra hours.They bring cheap labour from india and make them to stretch for more hours and expect those recruited in USA also to work same hours without extra hour payments or perks.you cannot question your manager or Management.

4.Their insurance plans are worst in IT industry.The upper management never listens to the concerns of workers on any benefits to workers.Though many people are fighting to change the insurance plans they never bother as they provide cheap plans.

5.Lack of job security.Though your full time employee your job is never secured.

6.They don't have any notice period for employee termination or 15 day notice concept.It just on paper.They send people from india immediately next day your project completes.Its same with full time employees in USA.They give termination once their work is done with them.

7.Thier internal immigration service is worst and they have worst record in Green card process for any non - american workers.

8. No support to employees on any issues faced by them with internal applications in USA.everything you need to go for your manager or should wait to get a reply from india for 2-3 days on any questions or SSD.

9. Once your joined your growth stops in USA.No promotions or salary increase.Max salary increase you get is 3%.That to if your manager likes you.

10.They say employee first...but in reality its employee last.Managers will not allow employees to interact much with customer and they try to showcase more what their peers do as themselves.

No Bonus and no increment and your salary might decrease if your location is changed.

treat your employees well.Learn to treat them as humans not as slaves.
    Stop biased way.Make people to speak in english in organization culture.
    Give equivalent benefits as other companies .

My experience with HCL is very good. They have given me opportunity to learn and grow in my technical skills.

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Memphis, TN

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I got a chance to work with a big team and grew vertically and technically.

Cons

Not very satisfactory growth in monetary terms.

Disorganized and I did not get paid due to no payroll clerk. I was hired through CDI Corp and it was nothing but loose ends and hassles d no pay due to disorganization of HCL "supposed" supervisors.

Former Employee - Tech Support for Macmillan Publishing in Duluth, MN
    Former Employee - Tech Support for Macmillan Publishing in Duluth, MN

I worked at HCL Technologies as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I got paid for training but had to jump through hoops for the pay!!

Cons

You are treated like third world as the main office is in India and it shows.

Learn to run a company in non third world standards and get payroll people who know what the hell they are doing as THIS IS THE REASON PEOPLE GO TO WORK. TO GET PAID!!!

HCL is not a Professional Organization

Former Employee - Desktop Analyst
    Former Employee - Desktop Analyst

I worked at HCL Technologies as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

None None None None None

Cons

Based on my experience and other recruiters, HCL treats its employees like a number. At any moment, due to either poor management or planning, they can throw you out just like trash. HCL did not have the guts to inform me i was terminated. I had to learn it from my agency. They are the most unprofessional company I have come across in my 20 years of IT work. The job I was assigned to do was nothing like the job description I accepted.

Start treating your employees like people, not like dirt.

Not very good, only for 2-3 years experienced guys

Former Employee - Technical Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at HCL Technologies full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Only good for peoples with 2/3 years of experience who can get global onsite exposure

Cons

Typical Indian company. Too much favor ism. Promotions are based upon who you know. Very poor benefits, no growth opportunity. Onsite team will blindly follow customer policies and processes while at offshore, they will keep claiming that they have their own processes and make customer follow these.

It happens because some incapable guys got promoted without the real knowledge because he / she knew a big boos or delivery uni head. And, it is spoiling the whole company

No say in front of customer in my 11 years with HCL. They will say yes to whatever customer says without analyzing the impact and make their people work day and night. Work quality they get from customers for low prices is also not good, very poor.

Very few technical people around, everyone wants to be a manager without learning what is needed for the job

Take care of your own people and employees. Plan a real career for them and improve training. Their training are designed for freshers which they will teach even the experienced ones and the training management will claim they trained 1 million people, without actually teaching them anything practical. Training people will do this for their own appraisal I think.

hcl is really the tech company

I worked at HCL Technologies

Pros

lot of complicated projects to work and learn

Cons

no so good salary or compensation

ok

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time

Pros

good benefit, good co-workers, a lot of opportunities to gain skills

Cons

limited career opportunity, little salary raise

Good place to learn.

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Balanced work life and personal life.

Cons

Salary aspect is a concern.

No Comment

Not a great company to work for, if you value your personal time and professional growth.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This isn't the best company to work for and you if you are looking, please keep looking as opposed to accepting offers from HCL.

Cons

Do not value employees
    Low payscales
    Yearly reviews are inconsequential even for 'outstanding' employees
    They are a profit oriented company and profit margins are all that matter
    HCL is great at getting people onsite, paying them minimum wage and charging clients exorbitantly

Grow up! Value your people, Stop staking a claim to 'Employee First' because you and I know that it's a bunch of BS.