HCL Technologies Reviews

3.3
2,960 Reviews

HCL Technologies CEO Anant Gupta
Anant Gupta

Pros
  • Provides the work life balance which is a major concern in todays corporate world (in 232 reviews)

• Work environment is more friendly & provides full opportunity to take lead in higher responsibilities (in 206 reviews)

Cons
  • Working timings needs to be streamlined to allow better work life balance (in 57 reviews)

• Only company words say "employee first" but no concern on employee whatsoever (in 82 reviews)

More Highlights

Freedom to live your dreams

Current Employee - Global Human Resources  in  Quincy, MA
    Current Employee - Global Human Resources in Quincy, MA

I have been working at HCL Technologies as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

- Every individual is equipped with the freedom to perform out of the box.
    - Entrepreneurship is a built-in attribute of HCL's work culture, which we call "ideaprenurship" here.
    - It is an equal opportunity employer which offers the same wide space to everyone irrespective of your type of professional engagement (Contractor or a Full Time employment).

Cons

- If you don't have a goal or a vision to achieve that, then it's just an organization which runs the payroll on time, invests (or wastes a lot of time) in learning, takes care (involves in irrelevant activities) of personal development.

Keep empowering people the way you guys have been doing from past two decades. Core is the foundation which can bear all the transformational changes by the time. Please hold this gratitude always.

HCL has been a friendly and secure corporate port to dock my career ship at.

I have been working at HCL Technologies

Pros

At HCL, Ideapreneurship encourages germination of ideas, nurturing and implementing them thereby providing a great platform for individual and organizational growth. Leadgen is another initiative aimed at tapping business opportunities identified by HCLites and recognizing them for their customer-facing and marketing skills.

Cons

Though work-life balance may get affected for a few HCLites, especially for those working in shifts, better planning and counseling would definitely help restore it.

A stronger focus on recognizing and retaining talented professionals would go a long way in creating a better knowledge organization and spur HCL's growth further.

Its been a funfilled learning and growth

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

1. Supportive team and managers
    2. Encouragement to take up challenges and implement ideas
    3. Identify new opportunities and follow to closure
    4. Transparent and open culture
    5. Ability to directly interact with the senior management
    6. On time payments with no hassles

Cons

1. Demanding environment and need to be able to keep up with the demands
    2. Working timings needs to be streamlined to allow better work life balance

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Satisfied

Current Employee - Technical Lead  in  Weehawken, NJ
    Current Employee - Technical Lead in Weehawken, NJ

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Employee Friendly and good office culture

Cons

Lack of Planning and predictions of future projects

A challenging endeavor with some unexpected rewards.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

HCL is surprising in a way that it can see it's shortcomings and recognize where it's failures are and proactively takes careful measured steps to counter act these issues. HCL looks outward and inward with equal gusto and fervor seeking the best results it can get. This comes from driven management, people that care about people. Sounds cliche I know, perhaps it would sound more clear stated as management that care about business with people as their primary focus. That is the impression that is given, then all the rest seems to fall into place with budgets and margins and contracts and so forth.
    Next is another big plus is that HCL has to have one of the very best health care packages in the industry.
    As a Pro and Con, you can be as much as you are willing to to be in HCL. If you put in the effort and time, the two are key, then you can rise in the ranks or change roles as desired to new challenging roles to your hearts desire.
    HCL is for lack of a better term, visionary. They are able to see trends way in the future and start staging for these trends in the technology and business market place years in advance.
    If you invest in HCL they will invest in you. I am amazed in how much HCL has committed to me. (this is for those that may be just coming on board with HCL trying to decide) I was almost certain as a non-Indian that I would be replaced once I trained up others to do my own job. What I found is that I was not. I was valued as and individual and as a valued resource that gave into the organization. That said I was able to not only train others to do my role that allowed me to grow to do other more challenging thing and grow into new roles. So to you who may be on the edge, never be afraid of growth and sharing knowledge. Use your knowledge as a catalyst to grow into the next level.
    As others have stated, much depends on the engagement you are attached to and your RM can make a big difference in how pleased you are with your day to day life.
    There are many more that I will not elaborate on but rather simply list a few:

Value Creation and recognition and compensation of employee generated Ideas
    Recognition and compensation for any sales leads that generate business.
    Encouragement of creativity.
    Open door policy of management all the way up to the CEO
    Internal Training Available
    Vacation or time off allowed
    Interactions with Global Alliance Partners

There are more but this will get to long.

Cons

First off as most will mention, the pay. HCL is not a top dollar company and I like others can make more money by moving elsewhere. What HCL does to counteract this is to pay below market pay and grant incredible opportunities and benefits to it's people as the offset. Still it is a Con. I for one would like to see the pay reach more middle ground. I also see nothing wrong with compensating for work well done. I would like to see a better bonus system in place that can reward individuals for exceptional work completed.
    HCL is big and things do not move fast. Like most large companies they are not as nimble as they want or perhaps think they are. However they actively make the effort to respond.
    HCL has the same malady that many Visionaries face. They lack the ability to thoroughly execute on those visions over time (Special internal programs). They start them in wondrous fashion but lack the momentum to keep it up the levels of industry leading standards. These should grow and constantly adjust to the industry to be the industry leader in whatever area we are targeting. (**This does not refer to projects for clients where they execute on time and on budget as a rule.)

There are pockets in individuals within your organizations that are masters at execution. These individuals know how to operationally manage end to end life cycles. These are the same individuals that need to be empowered to run the programs that have fallen behind in versions that do not match the industry that we market.
    More aggressive bonus program to allow for larger bonuses to individuals. Nothing says thank you like a big check to go shopping with.
    Better live balance, I would suggest a required week off.
    Loose iTime. If you are going to track time, do it for real. track every minute of time, even if it's 100 hours a week. Know what the staff is doing so that you know through analytic's whether you need to staff up based on need. There is presently no method to do this.

Amazing experience

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Amazing Culture. EFCS by the word of it

Cons

Slightly moving away from people centric to process centric. Might have an impact on culture change

A Great Place to Work

I have been working at HCL Technologies

Pros

1.Lots of Opportunities to excel and Extemporize our career.
    2.Friendly atmosphere and work life balance is great.
    3.Employees are applauded in different ways for their effort.(appreciation month,sopt awards etc)
    3.Lots of internal certifications and people having penchant for learning can benefit.
    4.They care lot about employees safety and night cabs are available starting as early as PM and there are no clause
    like lot other companies wherein they approve depending upon the designation etc.

Cons

Salary hike should be made in par with other MNCs.

Keep focussing on 'Employee First' policy as always ..

Great Clients!!

I have been working at HCL Technologies

Pros

Good Consulting Experience, lot to learn

Cons

Poor Benefits, work culture not effective

Best Company to work

Current Employee - Senior Specialist  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Specialist in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Office culture.
    Good management.
    Good Trainings
    Good Onsite Opportunity

Cons

No Cons I ever seen till now.

Good Job!!!

If you have no other option their is HCL!

Current Employee - Service Desk  in  Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Service Desk in Cary, NC

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

It takes alot to get let go at this company.

Cons

Managers in India do not listen to the US based managers or employee.
    Too many departments that don't talk to each other, so it makes it very hard to get any work done.
    Managers from India do not push back on clients that ask for the moon and stars, they promise everything then tell the employees to "Do the Needful!"
    **Glass ceiling for any US based employee wanting to move any higher than an E3**

* Pay employees what they are worth and don't expect they will stay because they already have a job.
    * Invest in more technology, you are a technology company you should have the latest and greatest.
    * Hold each team in a project accountable for the company's SLA.

Worked for HCL Technologies? Contribute to the Community!