HCL Technologies

HCL Technologies Reviews in United States

Updated Jul 21, 2014

HCL Technologies CEO Anant Gupta

Anant Gupta

Pros
  • Provides the work life balance which is a major concern in todays corporate world(in 232 reviews)

• HCL gives you opportunities to learn and grow but its depends on you as well as on your managers(in 77 reviews)

Cons
  • Working timings needs to be streamlined to allow better work life balance(in 56 reviews)

• Only company words say "employee first" but no concern on employee whatsoever(in 81 reviews)

382 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Advancement and opportunities over last 5+ years, but now has stopped

ProsFlexible management to balance family emergencies with work requirements. In the past always provided choices for next assignment.

ConsLimited work-life balance over last 2 years. Company DNA of Employee First is lost. Compensation is consistently below market, and even though company is experiencing double-digit growth, raises have ceased.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevise compensation to market, and bring back Employee First DNA.

Good stable job but takes a long time to get paid properly

IT Manager (Current Employee) Durham, NC

ProsStable job, relaxed environment when they do the Employee First and stick to it, then it can be nice

ConsThey have India take care of everything on the backend, causes issues with not being paid properly and promotions

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease work on making business run more like America

Tremendous experience working with HCL managing Applications, Teams, People, Projects & Accounts.

Applications Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsDepends on the project. Had a good learning experience in various dimensions of a software project & account engagements.

ConsMiddle level managers use all loop holes in fixing On Site salaries at various levels. Play with the systems in changing roles & responsibilities to manipulate salaries. All this done for showing "Profit margins" at project and account level.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould have proper systems in place to provide reasonable salaries.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

not so good

Technical Lead (Current Employee) Cary, NC

Prosyou get opportunities to work on everything

Conspoor work life balance with no to very little time for your growth and learning

Advice to Senior Managementneed to clean up the processes.

Nice company to work with.

ProsPlenty of opportunities inside the company

ConsNot a competitive salary otherwise all is good.

Good experience with HCL

Project Manager III (Current Employee)

ProsBIG company and great project lots of opportunities for employes. good work env and flexible working hours

ConsLow Salaries and low appraisal as well , company should reviews salary structure and it should be good competitive in industry

Best company worked so far

General and Operations Manager (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsIf you have good network in HCL and at the same time performing well, you are a star and can work on any engagement, demand work and it will be taken care of

ConsLot of groups which sometimes confuses customer

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it simple!

If you have no other option their is HCL!

Service Desk (Current Employee) Cary, NC

ProsIt takes alot to get let go at this company.

ConsManagers in India do not listen to the US based managers or employee.
    Too many departments that don't talk to each other, so it makes it very hard to get any work done.
    Managers from India do not push back on clients that ask for the moon and stars, they promise everything then tell the employees to "Do the Needful!"
    **Glass ceiling for any US based employee wanting to move any higher than an E3**

Advice to Senior Management* Pay employees what they are worth and don't expect they will stay because they already have a job.
    * Invest in more technology, you are a technology company you should have the latest and greatest.
    * Hold each team in a project accountable for the company's SLA.

Their "Employee First" Motto Was Inconsistent With Their Actions

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHCL has the best healthcare benefits of any company I have ever worked for and they will let you learn if you don't know something. For that I thank them. But this is the way the SHOULD be, not that they should be rewarded for doing what is right.

ConsAt HCL the pay is SO low you will have to cut your living WAY back to just survive. And, even though they had an increase in revenue last year of over 20% (billions), they only handed out a max of 5% increase to their BEST employees in the USA. The responding anger from their employees and loss of contracts has been expected result.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour great healthcare is exceptional and your emphasis on taking care of family is exceptional but this is what ALL companies SHOULD be doing. So your use of the motto "Employee First" to get employees is deceptive and wrong when you don't follow through with that promise by ensuring people can LIVE on the pay you give them. People cannot be expected to live on LESS each year. When YOUR COMPANY benefits so should your employees. MAKE IT RIGHT OR YOU WILL CONTINUE TO FAIL.

Come on and git it together already!

Help Desk (Current Employee) Cary, NC

ProsTraining,
    this is the place to go if you want real world experience on how not to setup and run a call center. Good prep (plenty of operational problems to solve) for someone who my want to get into management and make a name for themselves.

ConsHCL re-invents the wheel when under going a new project

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn from the mistakes of the past and then apply those lessons to future projects

Worked for HCL Technologies? Contribute to the Community!