HCL Technologies Reviews in United States

3.3
3,050 Reviews

HCL Technologies CEO Anant Gupta
Anant Gupta

Pros
  • Provides the work life balance which is a major concern in todays corporate world (in 232 reviews)

• Work environment is more friendly & provides full opportunity to take lead in higher responsibilities (in 206 reviews)

Cons
  • Working timings needs to be streamlined to allow better work life balance (in 57 reviews)

• Only company words say "employee first" but no concern on employee whatsoever (in 82 reviews)

More Highlights

417 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Sr Specialist // NOC Engineer (Memphis, TN)

Current Employee - NOC Engineer  in  Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - NOC Engineer in Memphis, TN

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

The only good thing I can say is for the work/life balance, I am very much able to leave work at work when I go home for the evening. Offshore tries to call my personal cell phone for support during my off hours but I don't answer. OK exposure to new tech, somewhat of a chance to learn some new skills.

Cons

Very racist company, if you're not Indian, you're a nobody. Senseless work policies, too bogged down by micromanaging and running pointless reports. Supervisors farm out all their work to you and then take the credit for it. Everything runs through the home office in India. Low pay, but pretty decent benefits. All managers are shipped over from India.

Stop the blatant visa abuse, micromanaging, and listen to the people doing the actual work.

Not very good, only for 2-3 years experienced guys

Former Employee - Technical Manager  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at HCL Technologies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Only good for peoples with 2/3 years of experience who can get global onsite exposure

Cons

Typical Indian company. Too much favor ism. Promotions are based upon who you know. Very poor benefits, no growth opportunity. Onsite team will blindly follow customer policies and processes while at offshore, they will keep claiming that they have their own processes and make customer follow these.

It happens because some incapable guys got promoted without the real knowledge because he / she knew a big boos or delivery uni head. And, it is spoiling the whole company

No say in front of customer in my 11 years with HCL. They will say yes to whatever customer says without analyzing the impact and make their people work day and night. Work quality they get from customers for low prices is also not good, very poor.

Very few technical people around, everyone wants to be a manager without learning what is needed for the job

Take care of your own people and employees. Plan a real career for them and improve training. Their training are designed for freshers which they will teach even the experienced ones and the training management will claim they trained 1 million people, without actually teaching them anything practical. Training people will do this for their own appraisal I think.

Good to start

I have been working at HCL Technologies

Pros

Work culture, Training, Insurance, Reach to higher mgt

Cons

Benefits, Policies, Perks, Slow growth

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to learn.

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Balanced work life and personal life.

Cons

Salary aspect is a concern.

No Comment

Very fun environment for all.

Current Employee - Senior Analyst  in  Jackson, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Jackson, MI

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits are a amazing. A lot of the benefits are payed by the employer. Employer matches 401k

Cons

HR sucks, no good communication with them

None to discuss.

Ridiculous

Current Employee - Data Center Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Data Center Operations Manager

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Benefits, good time off and lax work environment

Cons

They have to come up to industry level wages and compensation. They expect people to do a ton of work for the same amount of pay, when they do give increases they are small. And when asked the response is that's all the company can do, meanwhile they sent a company wide email to everyone bragging how they made x amount of millions or billions . The main reason they have so much turnover is how the company is ran and compensation.

Good organization to start with...

I have been working at HCL Technologies

Pros

Good organization to start with...

Cons

Not for long term, good for early years...

What a Joke in the name of Employee First

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexibility - If you have good relations with Leadership team in your engagement area then you can get what you ask for in terms of location, nature of assignment.
    Quality of Work - If you want to work hard and learn on your own initiatives - there are lot of opportunities available.

Cons

Compensation and benefits are below Industry standards. HR Policies and Practices are not very employee friendly.
    Lot of internal politics - Only those people who have good visibility with management climb the ladder or grow.
    No focus on employee training and talent retention. Bare minimum learning on the job.
    No transparency in HR Policies

Management needs to take actions to retain and increase the A players in the team and train and motivate the B team members. Get Rid of C team players. Instead of focusing on creating value for share holder by cutting costs and ignoring employees, management should focus on long term strategy - motivate and take care of employees, invest in trainings, focus on retaining good employees, have better and transparent HR Policies

Poor management Development

Former Employee - Field Service Manager  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Field Service Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at HCL Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very Top Tier Infrastructure, very lenient policies on how the job "gets done"

Cons

Very stubborn, bullish approach to drive performance

hcl is really the tech company

I worked at HCL Technologies

Pros

lot of complicated projects to work and learn

Cons

no so good salary or compensation

Worked for HCL Technologies? Contribute to the Community!