HCL Workforce Solutions

Updated September 11, 2014
3.3

HCL Workforce Solutions CEO Stephen Burke
Stephen Burke

Pros
  • All depends on your project but overall it's really good company (in 3 reviews)

• Good for freshers, good start up company, and if you are a self learner it's a great place (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • May need to work under a less experienced, less knowledged manager (in 2 reviews)

• No Projects, no visiblity, no growth, less salary (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Technical Recruiter

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in London, England (UK)

I have been working at HCL Workforce Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A great place to work. Within our group we have six specialist divisions to ensure that our candidates and clients get expert assistance.

Cons

I do not have any complaints at this time.

Keep up the great work!

Working at HCL

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at HCL Workforce Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I got the job! Which at the time I was thankful for

Cons

Back-stabbing is rife!!! Commission never paid & Management are more than happy to steal your ideas, put you on a pedestal then squeeze you out to add to their already 'Hire & Fire' culture, with 28 people leaving in 8 months in one division it is one of the worst places I have worked and it comes from the top, it is filtered down, if you are unlucky enough to not be in a 'top job' then expect to be down trodden and blamed for everything, this company is transparent in it's two-faced-ness.

My advice to Management is, employ new Managers, Team leaders etc. It all comes from the top, the problems occur from the attitudes and carelessness from the top of the triangle.

Excellent team members, shame about the management!

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at HCL Workforce Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Your fellow recruiters and like family, excellent team members who are a pleasure to work with.

Cons

Poor training, just thrown in the deep end and expected to know what the hell you are on about.

Poor salary and holiday benefits which you have to fight for.

Horrible management who have no respect for their team members, they have no idea what is going on, poorly organised and take days off as and when they please.

Favoritism is big in this company if you don't brown nose the dragon that is the manager don't expect any favors.

No opportunity to progress within the company.

Maybe get involved with your recruiters and see what is going on instead of sitting behind your computer barking orders around when you have no idea what is going on.

Great, interesting and productive

Current Employee - Project Management in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Project Management in London, England (UK)

I have been working at HCL Workforce Solutions as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Great work life balance, adaptable ethics and values.

Cons

Job security is comparably stable and that's why salary is lower than competitors

Employee last

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at HCL Workforce Solutions full-time

Pros

I get my salary on time every month.

Cons

If you are an european employee you won't get any training, apart from poor online material on their intranet. No career path whatsoever. Lots of politics. The only way to grow in your career is to be your boss best mate. Managers are completely useless an unexperience are they got to their management position only by being friends with higher management and not for their professionalism or experience.

Improve pay and invest in your employees. This whole 'employee first' is a beautiful motto to divulge to the rest of the world but the fact is that hcl do not care about their employees.