HCPro
www.hcpro.com Danvers, MA 150 to 499 Employees

HCPro Reviews

Updated Mar 2, 2014
HCPro – Danvers – “HCPro Front Entrance”

Not yet rated.

Dan Oswald

Great team to work with, unfortunately the company was sold after succeeding at a turn around to profitabilty.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Danvers, MA

ProsGood technical team. Up to date equipment provided. Good life and work balance and opportunity to work from home.

ConsCompany was turned around for the purpose of selling off the divisions

Some nice people, but haven't looked back

Marketing (Former Employee)

ProsGood experienced staff; some flexibility

ConsToo many to list: main issue management not supportive

Advice to Senior ManagementShould have been more truthful about state of internet based products

My years at HCPro were a miserable waste of my time!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Danvers, MA

ProsUsed to have amazing people

ConsPretty much everything about this company is a con!

Advice to Senior ManagementCan't keep track of who the management is these days!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Healthcare Business company

Senior Web Developer (Current Employee)
    Marblehead, MA

ProsThe people are great, and generally the company cares about its employees. Would have stayed if it wasn't for a bit of financial instability.

ConsThe year after I joined there was no money for bonuses. Then there were layoffs. I could not risk the instability--though I hear they're doing better now.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe temporary CIO you brought in created a climate of fear, making it impossible to concentrate on work. Glad you got rid of him, but don't hire someone like that again. It was hell. And part of the reason I started looking elsewhere.

Don't. Just...don't.

ProsSometimes you can get the parking space right next to the front door, especially since all of the people who worked hard and arrived early have all be fired.

ConsCompany is on the block. It will likely be sold for scrap to various entities. If I could have given it zero stars, I would have.

Advice to Senior ManagementAny remaining executive leaders should hope that there is a collective amnesia that afflicts everyone affiliated with the company from the past five years.

traditional publisher

Prosleadership was new.
    they tried new ideas

ConsNot ready for digital solutions

Years of hard work, little to no recognition or advancement

Layout Artist (Former Employee)
    Danvers, MA

ProsWonderful peers, smart people, fun people. Genuine pleasure to work with the groups most of the time, and generally a lot of very hard workers.

ConsHorrible lack of direction, no communication, too many chiefs who have no idea how the day to day work is done (literally - not a clue), slashing employees when times get tough but no change in amount of work. Pay is abysmal, well below industry standard. Certain senior managers are just horrible people, truly, and it seems to go completely unaddressed despite people stepping up and pointing out the issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house in the right places. READ the employee reviews and NPS survey. Value your workers with sincere thanks if you can't give them a raise. Fix their job titles so they at least have a fighting chance when you kick them to the curb.

Take these seriously - horrible company

Marketing (Former Employee)
    Danvers, MA

ProsIf you are half way intelligent you can shine; but you will be hated.

ConsThe company has been declining for several years. Management has ruined the company because they do not understand the business. Several rounds of layoffs since 2008. Chaotic environment. Management is in constant panic for revenue. Low pay and employees are not trust worthy. Benefits are really on the lower end. Horrible morale and low talent organization overall. HCPro is a place where your career dies.

Watch Out for Yourself

ProsIt is located in a very nice building to work in.

ConsAnyone working here should immediately demand a retention bonus and a guaranteed severance package. A round of layoffs this week left several employees without jobs the week before the holidays with two weeks of pay and nothing else.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave some common decency and provide for hardworking employees who suffer the consequences of executive level decisions. You should all be ashamed.

Uninspired, inhumane, stuffy, mostly untalented leadership.

Danvers, MA

ProsThe location is great if you live in the area. A bit of a truism -- but this is its best asset. The company doesn't have much else going for it.

ConsToxic culture -- this is a place to work if you don't care about people, and only care about some helping private equity owners improve their bottom line. Leadership/vision of company, and their ability to execute is deeply flawed and uninspired.

Worked for HCPro? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HCPro reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for HCPro CEO Dan Oswald. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by HCPro employees.