HCR ManorCare

HCR ManorCare Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

HCR ManorCare President and CEO Paul A Ormond

Paul A Ormond

Pros:
  • "Decent pay for someone with the minimum qualifications"
    in 5 reviews
  • "They had good benefits and a friendly enviroment"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "No concern from upper management towards lower staff"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Company also needs to focus on supporting new staff and continuing education"
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Cna

CNA (Current Employee)
    Kenosha, WI

ProsThe resident are amazing they just don't have enough help to be taken good care of!

ConsManagement are really rude
    Not organized
    Very unprofessional
    Low pay

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be fake when state is there and try to help!

Some people who really do care, others not so much

Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Pittsburgh, PA

ProsI have met some great people working for this company, I feel as though those who work "above" me are very friendly and easy to talk to. The pay is pretty good, vacation time is reasonable. They will really work with you if you have something going on in your personal life.

ConsSome of the staff really do care about the residents. With others it just seems like the don't understand that they are supposed to be taking care of somebodies family member. The medical benefits should be better considering you are working in healthcare.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be stricter guidelines and repercussions for employees who treat the residents negatively.

Great Company, when people follow protocol

Anonymous (Former Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

ProsPay, training, potential for advancement, tried and true guidelines for success.

ConsMuch of the leadership doesn't follow protocol & quality employees can't/don't stay. For some reason in Oklahoma, Texas and Kansas they keep DONs, Marketing Directors and Administrators whom are unethical and would rather point fingers & make excuses instead of provide quality to patients, families and referral sources.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't ask employees for their passwords, it is unethical. Furthermore, telling a sister company not to hire someone (because they wouldn't be unethical with you) is also unethical.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Understaffed

CNA (Current Employee)
    South Pottstown, PA

ProsMost of aides and staff are hard working. Wil lhire with no experience.

ConsExtraemly understaffed. Pay is low and alot of residents are violent.

Advice to Senior ManagementStaff more.

Nursing

Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Long-Term Care (Former Employee)
    Fort Myers, FL

ProsE-MAR, E-TAR, and medical charting system are great.

ConsNo team work, under staffed. No Open door policy, Management is not really support staffs. Workers treated unfairly.

Advice to Senior ManagementListening employee input, and working together as team. Hire more staffs as needed.

The overall company does seem to highly appreciate their employers.

RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee)
    Oak Lawn, IL

ProsEmployee appreciation and opportunity for advancement

ConsOver worked and under staffed

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should be more compassionate and empathetic towards the staff

Great team work

Milwaukee, WI

ProsEveryone works together and helps each other with support.

ConsManagement doesn't spend time with the underdog. Worried about their bottom line and numbers,not their staff. No support! Hire many unexperienced staff and then when things are tough, they want only skilled experienced staff, leaving current staff pressed to pick up for holes.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of telling your staff "It's what the patient needs" start telling them "it's not in the budget" We're tired of hearing it

Great learning experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAs a student this was a great internship opportunity that prepared me for my future.

ConsThere were quite a bit of changes going on with the kitchen when I was there. If patient's are not pleased with their food then it leads to a rough time.

complacency over competency

Prossomewhat flexible schedule, good relationship with my direct supervisor, any paycheck is better than no paycheck

ConsProfit over people - both staff and residents suffer for the bottom line. Poor training, poor pay. Company likes to tout the ablity of staff to transfer to other locations ( 500 in the US ) but then seeks to reset pay rates back to entry level no matter how many years a person has been with the company. Benefits are expensive and not very inclusive. Company rolled back pay raises 3 mos effectively taking $ directly out of staff pockets, yet wastes $ everyday on frivilous and insulting " incentives and rewards " Pins, banners, buttons and coupons to choose cheap crappy rewards online. By far the worst company I have ever worked for. Management does nothing to improve conditions, rather they use info / complaints as a means of retaliation towards staff who speak out. This is a " see no evil / hear no evil / speak no evil " management style which seems to be company approved. Sheep leading sheep

Advice to Senior ManagementFacility management is under pressure from corporate to keep census up, costs down. No concern for the extremely high turnover rate, the lack of quality employees and poor training.

profits before parients

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosnone, i wouldnt recommend this faciliy or company to any one to work in or to for rehabilitation or LTC placement

ConsPoor quality of care, poor staff to patient ratio 3/60 and most times 2/60 on a skilled rehab unit, nursing license is on the line every time you clock in.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up! Patients are living people that should be taken care of, that requires adequate staffing over corporate profit.

Worked for HCR ManorCare? Contribute to the Community!

HCR ManorCare Videos

HCR ManorCare – Why Work for Us?

​HCR ManorCare, Inc. is a leading provider of short-term post-acute and long-term care. We have a nationwide network of more than 500 skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers, assisted living facilities, outpatient… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HCR ManorCare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for HCR ManorCare CEO Paul A Ormond. All 198 reviews posted anonymously by HCR ManorCare employees.