HCR ManorCare Reviews

Reset
2.6
HCR ManorCare President and CEO Paul A Ormond
Paul A Ormond

Pros
  • Decent pay for someone with the minimum qualifications (in 6 reviews)

• Great teamwork among field staff (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • No concern from upper management towards lower staff (in 16 reviews)

• No one cares about the emotional and verbal abuse that happens on a regular basis (in 7 reviews)

Director of nursing

Current Employee - Director of Nursing in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Director of Nursing in Marietta, GA

I have been working at HCR ManorCare

Pros

I have been with HCR Manor Care for 16 years. Through these years I have seen many changes in the industry. However HCR Manor Care has always held to their high principles of making sure that each and every resident gets the upmost care in a safe well trained, clean facility. From the president of the company all the way down the ranks they treat everyone with respect and dignity and they truly listen to your thoughts, ideas and concerns. I would not work for anyone else.

Cons

The biggest drawback in any healthcare facility is the amount of time that must be devoted to the job. Conference calls and consultants can sometimes get in the way of doing the job in a reasonable amount of time to balance your work and home life.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to the ideas of your employees and continue to move forward as you have done so well thus far.

2. Heartland Healthcare center

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, IL

I have been working at HCR ManorCare (More than 10 years)

Pros

Overall it's a great stable company to work for. A leader by example of high quality healthcare and they hold employees to a high standard of care for their patients.

Cons

They staff the number of CNA's on each shift according to the building census number without taking into consideration the level of assistance needed by the residents. This has a negative effect by making it appear and feel understaffed to the residents, visitors, and hard working CNA's.

Advice to Management

Please consider the level of care needed by the residents when allowing for staffing of CNA's and not just the building census number. When the level of assist is great it forces another CNA off of another hall to help and leaves their hallway unattended resulting in a longer wait for call lights to be answered. This has such a huge negative effect on how the building is perceived by the residents and visitors.

3. CNA

Current Employee - CNA in Lebanon, PA
    Current Employee - CNA in Lebanon, PA

I have been working at HCR ManorCare full-time

Pros

I love my job. The staff is wonderful. Everyone works together as a team to provide the highest care for our patients.

Cons

I wish they had better benefits

5. Activity Assistant

Current Employee - Activities Assistant in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Activities Assistant in Springfield, MO

I have been working at HCR ManorCare

Pros

There are friendly, caring people to work with. Working with the elderly is very rewarding. I also enjoy being able to use my talents in the activity department to enrich the lives of others. It is like a ministry, only much more.

Cons

It seems when someone is going to lose their job, everyone else knows before they do. Because this is a corporation acquiring needed items or getting paid back for items purchased often takes months. Also, entertainers rarely get their checks in a timely manner.

Advice to Management

Be fair and genuine with employees. Don't promise things you do not intend to deliver. Be part of the team, not just the leader.

6. LPN

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Fort Myers Shores, FL
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Fort Myers Shores, FL

I have been working at HCR ManorCare part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am an employee of ManorCare Ft Myers, Fl mainly because of the high integrity of the company.

Cons

Staffing! Never enough employees available to assist with sudden call offs, oftentimes there are not enough available to cover routine shifts.

Advice to Management

Hire employees! Especially PRN staff. We Nurses get tired of working low staffed schedules!

7. Stable company with a caring culture

Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Dayton, OH

I have been working at HCR ManorCare

Pros

Very employee friendly. HCR ManorCare has a number of policies and procedures in place that support a pro-employee environment.
    Financially stable in a challenging healthcare environment.
    Has high expectations for supervisors and managers to provide quality care in a caring environment.
    Has an excellent track record of promoting from within - numerous examples of nurse aides continuing their education and being developed for nursing and nurse management careers.

Cons

This is related more to the industry in general vs. the company - healthcare in general continues to be a more and more challenging environment.

The Worst management

Current Employee - CNA in Orange Park, FL
    Current Employee - CNA in Orange Park, FL

I have been working at HCR ManorCare

Pros

Love the people On the floor, the nurses Cnas housekeepings

Cons

management and hr are the worst . they dont care about the employee, all they think about is the money.

Advice to Management

please be cosiderate with your employee. those people that works hard iespecially in the floor because they are the ones running the company, not those in the HR and admins and ADON's, they dont care! .. Don't you ever think why people that works here longer here like 20 years that are already a pioneer in this location resigned?somethins wrong with the management!!

9. RN supervisor

Current Employee - RN Supervisor in Homewood, IL
    Current Employee - RN Supervisor in Homewood, IL

I have been working at HCR ManorCare

Pros

flexible hours, overtime, paid vacation, good managers

Cons

low salary, low employee moral, lack of team work

Advice to Management

increase per hour rate

10. Regional Director of Operations

Current Employee - Regional Director of Operations in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Regional Director of Operations in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at HCR ManorCare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

HCR Manor Care is a company that I am proud to say I work for: This company care about quality of care. Since working here I feel like I am on the cutting edge of what is happening in the Industry. The growth potential in Manor Care is real. Promotion opportunity is available to employees who work to achieve the vision. The opportunity to transfer is a great advantage if an employee has plans to or has a desire to live in other areas of the Country. I have experienced this with two peers who has moved from California to the East Coast and another from Pa. to the mid west. I truly feel that I have grown in my ability to manage and knowledge of all aspects of operations since being with the company for 16 years. My employment move to Manor Care has been my best career move.

Cons

Sometimes difficult to initiate programs that are needed in the field that have not yet been developed at the Corporate office. Sometimes difficult to pursue opportunities within the Market you work because of the conservative nature of the company. At times we lose market share.

Advice to Management

Start to develop a transition strategy company wide to remain competitive in the marketplace. We need better focus on chronic patient education materials and a true medication mgt. program. Also we could use chronic disease mgt. protocols to drive outcome in re-hospitalization. Driving results in patient outcome is our future

11. LPN Supervisor

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Long-Term Care in Springfield, OH

I have been working at HCR ManorCare full-time

Pros

I have been with HCR for almost 6 years and i plan on staying with HCR and furthering my career. I love HCR because they have worked with my school schedule and me so successfully continue my education to advance in nursing to provide more for the residents at heartland. Everyone i care for me so much to me and all the heartland family, it is truly a great place of employment.

Cons

Sometimes days can me more challenging than others example on off staff days. But, there is enough team work and positive attitudes to get the job done,

Advice to Management

Nothing i really could say. I know being in call 24 hours a day can be very difficult.

RSS Feed </> Embed