HCR ManorCare

HCR ManorCare Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

HCR ManorCare President and CEO Paul A Ormond

Paul A Ormond

Pros
  • Decent pay for someone with the minimum qualifications(in 5 reviews)

• They had good benefits and a friendly enviroment(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • No concern from upper management towards lower staff(in 8 reviews)

• No one cares about the emotional and verbal abuse that happens on a regular basis(in 6 reviews)

Ok

Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) Waterloo, IA

ProsMy coworkers and most residents were amazing. Pay was ok as well. Training and the interview process are easy.

ConsManagement was so out of touch and didn't care about the well-being of the employees or about what was best for the residents.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your heads out of you know where.

Very Stressful

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsWonderful peers to work with. Field staff is full of very special people. Very loving and caring to patients.

ConsManagement treats everyone as a number. Doesn't care about the underlings, whether it be the office staff or field staff. Everyone is overloaded with work and expected to work til they drop and then some. Office and field is always understaffed. Management only cares about themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe threats are getting old. Hire more people in the office and in the field and maybe more work would get done in a more timely manner. Happy employees do a much better job than ones with a whip on their back.

Great therapy department

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTeam felt like a family

ConsEquipment was a bit old/outdated

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Caring employees, ready to make a difference in someone's life.

Dietary Aide (Current Employee) Reno, NV

ProsWorking with positive caring people. Making a difference in a patients life through the little daily activities. Helping people heal and get home as well as making them feel like they are home.

ConsFast passes environment, hard work.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate positively with staff.

It's ok.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe benefits and pay are decent but not enough to stay.

ConsGoing to work in the morning. Nothing about the facility, staff or corporate was welcoming.

Advice to Senior Managementculture improvement

Cna

CNA (Current Employee) Kenosha, WI

ProsThe resident are amazing they just don't have enough help to be taken good care of!

ConsManagement are really rude
    Not organized
    Very unprofessional
    Low pay

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be fake when state is there and try to help!

Very organized, professionally ran facility

Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) West Palm Beach, FL

ProsReputable company, wonderful team of staff to work with, very organized system, facility is very clean, some staff seemed to really take pride in their work.

ConsWorkload may be a little overwhelming, some staff argued about which section of patients' rooms they would work with, a few staff seemed to be careless with patients' and treated them poorly

Great!!

Hospital Liaison (Current Employee)

ProsSecond to none training and experience.

ConsBe prepared to work. Not just go through the motions.

Manor care Pottsville

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe residents we're friendly and I enjoyed taking care of them.

ConsPay was horrible. I was left alone a lot, almost got punched a few times by residents and no one would be around to help. Most staff was unfriendly

Advice to Senior ManagementPay better and be more hands on and proactive

They are a company to grow a long standing career with, allowing room to move up in.

Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee)

ProsIndividual business units make it feel like a small town organization, but the HCR Manorcare group has nationwide visibility, name branding, and a great reputation. There are leadership opportunities every where you look if you have the drive.

ConsChange comes about slowly because of the size of the company, however, this means that things are being done legally and ethically. Because of the size of the company, business units handle much of their own training, a stronger, centralized training for staff would be more beneficial.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecommendations would just be a stronger training program, possibly done by a staff and organizational development specialist, who has no other duties but to make sure we hire only the best and brightest, and then retain them once the investment has been made!

Worked for HCR ManorCare? Contribute to the Community!