HCR ManorCare Reviews

Reset

1. Renerally does not have good benefit

Current Employee - RN Nurse Supervisor in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - RN Nurse Supervisor in Denver, CO

I have been working at HCR ManorCare part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Responsive higher management at corporate level. They will give good referral to your future employer.

Cons

No tuition support/ reimbursement, high employee turn over, high care giver patient ratio (direct caregiver)

Advice to Management

Focus on retaining employee, reduce patient to caregiver ratio, improve quality of care, provide authority to first line of caregivers such as Registered nurses

2. Great.

Former Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Henderson, NV
    Former Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Henderson, NV

I worked at HCR ManorCare (Less than a year)

Pros

There was a lot of team work involved.

Cons

There wasn't enough over time.

Director of nursing

Current Employee - Director of Nursing in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Director of Nursing in Marietta, GA

I have been working at HCR ManorCare

Pros

I have been with HCR Manor Care for 16 years. Through these years I have seen many changes in the industry. However HCR Manor Care has always held to their high principles of making sure that each and every resident gets the upmost care in a safe well trained, clean facility. From the president of the company all the way down the ranks they treat everyone with respect and dignity and they truly listen to your thoughts, ideas and concerns. I would not work for anyone else.

Cons

The biggest drawback in any healthcare facility is the amount of time that must be devoted to the job. Conference calls and consultants can sometimes get in the way of doing the job in a reasonable amount of time to balance your work and home life.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to the ideas of your employees and continue to move forward as you have done so well thus far.

5. Certified Nursing Assistant

Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Whitehall, PA
    Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Whitehall, PA

I have been working at HCR ManorCare

Pros

If I have a problem I can go to my immediate supervisor or the Director or Nursing and feel comfortable telling them what I have a problem with. They listen, do something about it, and ask me afterwards if it is better. They do not just listen and do nothing about it. They never make me feel like my problem is ridiculous or nothing.

Cons

I feel there are people that work at our facility that have been reprimanded more times than most and because they have worked there a long time or help when help is needed there is nothing done to them.

Advice to Management

The management needs to talk to the residents and patients more. They need to listen, not just walk around and be seen. They also need to listen to what the employees are saying at meetings and take care of the problems.

6. CNA

Former Employee - Certified Assistant in Pottstown, PA
    Former Employee - Certified Assistant in Pottstown, PA

I worked at HCR ManorCare part-time (More than a year)

Pros

working at HCR Manor Care was good. My co-works was awesome, the pay was fare, and I got along with every body. And the patients LOVED ME. I was one of their favorites.

Cons

I don't have anything to say bad about HCR Manor Care. I was treated fair and I'm fine with that. I will miss my friends.

7. About my Employer

Current Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in Bethlehem, PA
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at HCR ManorCare

Pros

I am working for HCR ManorCare for the past 6 years. I work in the rehabilitation department as Physical Therapist Assistant. I find most of the employees are compassionate and caring towards residents, keeping in mind that it is their home. There is good communication between administration and residents, as well as administration and employees. "Resident council meeting" is held regularly and their concerns are addressed. "Small group meetings" are held often to hear the issues of employees and are addressed immediately. Hard, caring work of employees are recognized and appreciated by giving wonderful gift during the 'Nursing Home Week' and also once during the holiday season. Lastly, but most importantly, I want to express that ManorCare has made available to all employees, in addition to ManorCare university courses in the company website, online continuing education courses to take at our own convenience through a good Learning website, without any cost for employees. I specially have enjoyed learning and growing in my field, and also able to apply to my resident patients. In rehabilitation department there is mutual respect and cooperation amongst staff, keeping in mind the betterment of the residents as primary goal. Rehabilitation staff are ManorCare employees and not from a contract company. I truly enjoy my work.

Cons

Our facility building is owned by ManorCare. There is a true need of efficient elevators to transport residents as well as for all EMS and other services. There is one elevator and it is not able to meet the needs. The wait itself cumulatively taking lot of employees time, and decreasing the productivity on the job. Communication amongst coworkers and between departments needs improvement. Rehabilitation department does not have thermal/moist heat treatment modality, which when used appropriately helps patients tremendously.

Advice to Management

Administration has been good with employees. New elevator is definitely needed. Always more wheelchairs and other equipments are needed for the better quality of care for residents. Thermal/moist heat treatment modality should be brought back.

8. CNA

Current Employee - CNA in Lebanon, PA
    Current Employee - CNA in Lebanon, PA

I have been working at HCR ManorCare full-time

Pros

I love my job. The staff is wonderful. Everyone works together as a team to provide the highest care for our patients.

Cons

I wish they had better benefits

9. CNA

I have been working at HCR ManorCare

Pros

Very clean and nice working environment-enjoy caring for the residents

Cons

Low pay and never enough staff and room assignments are on several halls

Advice to Management

increase wages

10. Heartland Healthcare center

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, IL

I have been working at HCR ManorCare (More than 10 years)

Pros

Overall it's a great stable company to work for. A leader by example of high quality healthcare and they hold employees to a high standard of care for their patients.

Cons

They staff the number of CNA's on each shift according to the building census number without taking into consideration the level of assistance needed by the residents. This has a negative effect by making it appear and feel understaffed to the residents, visitors, and hard working CNA's.

Advice to Management

Please consider the level of care needed by the residents when allowing for staffing of CNA's and not just the building census number. When the level of assist is great it forces another CNA off of another hall to help and leaves their hallway unattended resulting in a longer wait for call lights to be answered. This has such a huge negative effect on how the building is perceived by the residents and visitors.

11. LPN

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Fort Myers Shores, FL
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Fort Myers Shores, FL

I have been working at HCR ManorCare part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am an employee of ManorCare Ft Myers, Fl mainly because of the high integrity of the company.

Cons

Staffing! Never enough employees available to assist with sudden call offs, oftentimes there are not enough available to cover routine shifts.

Advice to Management

Hire employees! Especially PRN staff. We Nurses get tired of working low staffed schedules!

RSS Feed </> Embed