HCRI Reviews

Updated September 10, 2014
Updated September 10, 2014
2.3

Spencer Goldsmith

HCRI is a great place to work

I worked at HCRI full-time

Pros

HCRI is a great place to work for many reasons. Not only are the employees extremely hard-working, but they are friendly and overall pretty positive. The benefits are great, and the training for new employees is very thorough (at least, it was in my case). HCRI isn't a stressful place to work at most times, and the managers are pretty flexible about schedules and taking time off if necessary. There is a lot of room for growth, and HCRI encourages internal hiring. I think this company has big plans for the future, and I expect them to continue to be a competetor in this field in the long run.

Cons

Every manager and dept operates in their own way, so what I experienced may not be the case for every dept - but I can't imagine it's very different.

A disgrace to the Clinical Research community

I have been working at HCRI

Pros

Not one thing. If the lies they told during the interview were true, then there would be more Pros, but no - this company is terrible.

Cons

Poor leadership, terrible support system, project management staff is laughable, very poor client support, does not understand the drug lifecycle and this is apparent with the many dissatisfied customers

sell company and all active studies to a CRO that knows what they're doing

Solid staff - Incompetent Leadership

I worked at HCRI full-time

Pros

Reasonably good benefits; Some very talented staff; Good location; depending on the department you work for, working arrangements can be flexible; Interesting clinical trials to work on.

Cons

Non existent physician oversight of the trials; Poor quality of data management and biostats; Senior leadership is incompetent with little attention paid to attrition or professional development of staff; poor morale. Senior leadership should be replaced with individuals interested in growing HCRI not promoting themselves year in and year out.

HCRI needs to bring in some new leaders. The company employees practically beg for fresh ideas and improved communication, but those calls are ignored and marginalized. The current departmental silo structure does not work.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst Company to work for.

I worked at HCRI

Pros

The only good thing I can say about this company is that they have hard working employees.

Cons

Managers in this company is very incompetent. Their methods in management is so prehistoric that I'm wasting 70 percent of my time doing pointless paper work that can be easily done by creating a workflow to automate it. Oh and they are more focused on processing trials as fast as they can instead of doing any quality check at all.

Learn how to use a computer!!

Great company to work for

I have been working at HCRI full-time

Pros

Great flexibility with work/life. Intelligent and hardworking people.

Cons

There are some depts that function better than others as well as some managers who manage better than others but I think you will find that in any company.

As the company is shifting focus and growing into new areas it may be time to re-examine what worked before may not work in the future.

Too much management

Former Employee - Project Coordinator  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Boston, MA

I worked at HCRI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Coworkers are intelligent, capable people.

Cons

Too much hierarchy and management, no opportunities for growth.

Horrible management

I have been working at HCRI full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule/ability to work remotely (for some not all), renovated office space, some hardworking and intelligent employees

Cons

Limited to no opportunities for growth- blatant favoritism, bullying by upper management, sexism- depts which won't hire men, lack of cohesion- depts/managers don't take responsibility and throw blame at each other, prefer quantity over quality of work

Some managers are wildly inappropriate, weed out the bad ones to increase moral. Listen to and communicate with employees

This place is awful and disorganized

I have been working at HCRI full-time for more than a year

Pros

flexibility, ok pay rate and space

Cons

Senior Managements sucks and need to step down for people with fresh ideas

Dissapointing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at HCRI

Pros

Well known CRO in the medical device industry. Very good benefits package. Great location. Flexible work hours option. Ability to telecommute.

Cons

The senior management forgets about their employees and only do what fits their own needs. The career growth is almost impossible, unless you become very friendly with your manager. Senior management gets majority of promotions every year, and creat newly called positions just to keep promoting themselves, while other employess don't even get recognized for all the hard work they do every day.
    It seems like most of the managers don't really have a good handle on how to treat or manage their employees.
    In times of crisis they only look to find someone to blame instead of trying to fix the situation.

Senior management needs to learn to value and respect their employees. Even verbal appreciation will be better than nothing. Management needs to share the information about what is going on within the company on a regular basis and not once a year when the president gives his presentation.

Overall, a highly dysfunctional and poorly run organization.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at HCRI

Pros

Some of the individual contributors are hard working, good people. Because of the name, you can sometimes take advantage of the Harvard discount with certain retailers.

Cons

The senior management is highly incompetent with little prior management experience and in some cases, no appropriate academic training (i.e. college degree). Many managers have been promoted because of length of employment, not because of performance. Employee morale is non-existent and stress levels are extremely high. It is supposed to be a matrixed environment, but every department operates in a silo, and communication - from management to management or to direct reports - is sorely lacking.

senior management should take accountability, show some real leadership and just resign. There are much better and smarter leaders internally and externally.

Worked for HCRI? Contribute to the Community!