HCRI

HCRI Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Spencer Goldsmith

HCRI is a great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHCRI is a great place to work for many reasons. Not only are the employees extremely hard-working, but they are friendly and overall pretty positive. The benefits are great, and the training for new employees is very thorough (at least, it was in my case). HCRI isn't a stressful place to work at most times, and the managers are pretty flexible about schedules and taking time off if necessary. There is a lot of room for growth, and HCRI encourages internal hiring. I think this company has big plans for the future, and I expect them to continue to be a competetor in this field in the long run.

ConsEvery manager and dept operates in their own way, so what I experienced may not be the case for every dept - but I can't imagine it's very different.

Great company to work for

ProsGreat flexibility with work/life. Intelligent and hardworking people.

ConsThere are some depts that function better than others as well as some managers who manage better than others but I think you will find that in any company.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs the company is shifting focus and growing into new areas it may be time to re-examine what worked before may not work in the future.

Too much management

Project Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsCoworkers are intelligent, capable people.

ConsToo much hierarchy and management, no opportunities for growth.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible management

ProsFlexible schedule/ability to work remotely (for some not all), renovated office space, some hardworking and intelligent employees

ConsLimited to no opportunities for growth- blatant favoritism, bullying by upper management, sexism- depts which won't hire men, lack of cohesion- depts/managers don't take responsibility and throw blame at each other, prefer quantity over quality of work

Advice to Senior ManagementSome managers are wildly inappropriate, weed out the bad ones to increase moral. Listen to and communicate with employees

Dissapointing

Boston, MA

ProsWell known CRO in the medical device industry. Very good benefits package. Great location. Flexible work hours option. Ability to telecommute.

ConsThe senior management forgets about their employees and only do what fits their own needs. The career growth is almost impossible, unless you become very friendly with your manager. Senior management gets majority of promotions every year, and creat newly called positions just to keep promoting themselves, while other employess don't even get recognized for all the hard work they do every day.
    It seems like most of the managers don't really have a good handle on how to treat or manage their employees.
    In times of crisis they only look to find someone to blame instead of trying to fix the situation.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management needs to learn to value and respect their employees. Even verbal appreciation will be better than nothing. Management needs to share the information about what is going on within the company on a regular basis and not once a year when the president gives his presentation.

Worst Company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe only good thing I can say about this company is that they have hard working employees.

ConsManagers in this company is very incompetent. Their methods in management is so prehistoric that I'm wasting 70 percent of my time doing pointless paper work that can be easily done by creating a workflow to automate it. Oh and they are more focused on processing trials as fast as they can instead of doing any quality check at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to use a computer!!

This place is awful and disorganized

Prosflexibility, ok pay rate and space

ConsSenior Managements sucks and need to step down for people with fresh ideas

Overall, a highly dysfunctional and poorly run organization.

(Former Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsSome of the individual contributors are hard working, good people. Because of the name, you can sometimes take advantage of the Harvard discount with certain retailers.

ConsThe senior management is highly incompetent with little prior management experience and in some cases, no appropriate academic training (i.e. college degree). Many managers have been promoted because of length of employment, not because of performance. Employee morale is non-existent and stress levels are extremely high. It is supposed to be a matrixed environment, but every department operates in a silo, and communication - from management to management or to direct reports - is sorely lacking.

Advice to Senior Managementsenior management should take accountability, show some real leadership and just resign. There are much better and smarter leaders internally and externally.

Worked for HCRI? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HCRI reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for HCRI CEO Spencer Goldsmith. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by HCRI employees.