HD Supply

HD Supply Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

HD Supply CEO Joe DeAngelo

Joe DeAngelo

Pros
  • Lots of good people still work there who are very good at what they do(in 6 reviews)

• Branch level associates are great people that are fun to work with(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has no clue about whats going on in the field(in 6 reviews)

• Communication between the lines of business is poor(in 3 reviews)

Internship Program

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHad a blast getting to know other interns. My manager and mentor also worked closely with me (although without having to micro-manage). They were very supportive in my professional learnings.

ConsOther managers, I could see, would have been difficult to work with.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that managers who request for interns don't leave their interns in the dark. I know some of my intern colleagues who only saw their managers a few times during their program.

Don't go here

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOrlando is a great location although the headquarters is located in a rather unsafe part of downtown Orlando. Good workout facility.

ConsVery negative culture, full of passive aggressive behaviors from executive leadership. Run like an old style GE company and a very cut throat environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementFake it until you make it is not a viable leadership strategy. Own your mistakes, don't ask employees to fix divisional relationships you have damaged.

A good job

Director (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsGood locations in the U.S. Benefits were good overall.

ConsMost of the managers were terrible, too many favorites and clichés, not competitive and run like a small business, not great place to grow and too unstable.,

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some decent training and learn your talent.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company but no opportunities for advancement

Developer (Current Employee)

ProsGood company and good people

ConsNo any opportunities for advancement

Fairly good overall

IT Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsOpportunities to grow responsibility and experience. Pay wasn't bad

ConsToo much reshuffling of org and priorities...

Advice to Senior Managementpick a direction and go.

Somewhat Ok

Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) Columbia, SC

ProsIt is a good company to work for.
    Pay is good to market
    Benefits are good

ConsCompany worries about saving itself money. they shut the doors to a lot of Warehouse Branches and put a lot of people out of work.
    - Long Hours
    - Upper management has no clue about whats going on in the field
    - Worst product control ever, employees steal

Advice to Senior ManagementFire yourselves... or make deliveries for a while and see what the company is actually like.

Special Order Rep.

Special Orders Representative (Current Employee) Santee, CA

ProsWas going to say benefits, but that changed in 2014. Still trying to figure out who this change is better for, the employee or the company.

ConsManagement is a joke, from Managers all the way down to Team Leads. Unless you started working here straight out of high school and never left, don't expect to get very far within the organization. I was even told by one of my supervisors, that it doesn't matter what you did before you started working here, it is what you do once you are here," We don't care if you have a college degree, or what other job experience you may have."

Advice to Senior ManagementPut more faith in your employees. You have tons of talented people working within your company, but the instant they try to improve or introduce something outside the Antiquated ways of the company, and by the time you share anything with anyone to just get ahead, and it goes through the corporate red tape and closed minded professionals including HR. Those talented people have left the company for better pay and less stress.

Great

Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsSense of security with a large company

ConsNone. Great company, flexible, advancement available.

h/d supply

Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

Prosnice place to work wish I was still there

Consnothing bad to say about them

Great company with slacking pay

ProsThe systems and employees are wonderful. They way the company works delivery, products and overall treatment is great.

ConsThe pay in odd. You don't get you incentive until you reach a certain percentage. You can make the company more money and make less money for you. It doesn't make sense

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the way pay is structured

Worked for HD Supply? Contribute to the Community!