HD Supply

HD Supply Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

HD Supply CEO Joe DeAngelo

Joe DeAngelo

Pros
  • Lots of good people still work there who are very good at what they do(in 6 reviews)

• Branch level associates are great people that are fun to work with(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has no clue about whats going on in the field(in 6 reviews)

• Communication between the lines of business is poor(in 3 reviews)

Fairly Good

Senior Graphic Designer (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsJob security, easy as pie.

ConsNO chance for advancement. Must say yes to any and all changes, not much respect for your design sense or advice.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire the all the management and get someone with the ability to be respected by higher managers. We just say yes to anything, it costs more money to keep changing things that do not result in more sales. Then our department is held responsible for bringing in many temps to accommodate the tons of revisions. We are the unappreciated sugar daddy and everyone else has our credit card, but we pay the bills.

Director

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood experience, opportunity to move around, well paid, interesting work in an evolving business strategy that is sensitive to the market pressures; recently went public so another level of stakeholders to answer to

Conslots of hours, individual achievement is emphasized, small profit margins so working on volume, difficult to constantly hit goals without realigning people, fluid workforce and constant fear that your job is next

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop your people; create a sense of team

Bad management

ProsGreat people to work with.

ConsLittle communication and understanding especially from senior personal.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe involved

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Manager

Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsLocations throughout the United States. Vacation begins to accrue from day one of employment. Company does believe in closing for most holiday's and weekends which allows you to have a decent work/life balance.

ConsLacking a program which helps employees grow within the company. No programs in place to help defined career paths. Continuing education is not a high priority.

Not for the lazy

Cashier (Current Employee) Santa Ana, CA

Prosgreat pay
    nice coworkers
    skills that you can put on resume

Conskiss ass to get ahead not based on skills
    managers just care about people to fill in positions
    employees are not happy
    do more that what you are getting paid for

Advice to Senior Managementpromote based on skill not on who you like

CAD Technician

Regional CADD Technician (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsGreat people to work with

ConsStrange duties, at Phoenix branch office I was on a bathroom cleaning rotation. Not something i signed up for when I applied for the CADD positon

Advice to Senior ManagementFirst, get a janitorial staff. Second, Mentor your new employees, and set goals for improvement. Have regular communication with your new hires.

The company has many growth pains and doesn't even realize what they are experiencing is growth pains.

IT Manager (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsInteresting business with huge potential and a great many prospects. They are in a market they can dominate if they want to.

ConsHeavily in debt creating a downward spiral they may not come out of.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in new people with experience in dealing with the problems you are experiencing. The "old" employees have the "old" ways and don't really know how to move forward.

Ok

Branch Manager (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsGood people, great leaders at local level.

ConsConstant restructuring. No stability. Owned by holding company.

Constant movement

Branch Manager (Former Employee)

ProsLarge, diverse company with opportunities for career growth if you know how to navigate the politics.

ConsUpper management agenda was a constant moving target

Growing Company With Strong Leaders

ProsMany business with which to collaborate. Great leadership with a clear direction. Great values and the company stands by what it preaches.

ConsBenefits are not the best. Due to size, can be a little slow to react to market changes - all major changes require a board decision. As with many large companies, communication of the company's future plans don't get down to those it affects most.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmbrace a geographically diverse workforce to attract the best talent.

Worked for HD Supply? Contribute to the Community!