HD Supply Reviews

Updated September 17, 2014
3.1

HD Supply CEO Joe DeAngelo
Joe DeAngelo

Pros
  • Lots of good people still work there who are very good at what they do (in 6 reviews)

• Branch level associates are great people that are fun to work with (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has no clue about whats going on in the field (in 6 reviews)

• Communication between the lines of business is poor (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

very employee conscious company

Former Employee - IT Support  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - IT Support in Atlanta, GA

I worked at HD Supply full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

HD Supply is a company who believes in the happiness and well being of its employees. It has many initiatives in place that allow a person to maintain a healthy working relationship directly at work and socially outside of work. They promote health, family, and overall integrity

Cons

HD Supply is a spin off of Home Depot, it hasn't yet found it's full growth potential. It recently went public and that made it change some financial objectives by way of "cutting excess fat". Some employees got laid off, a very small percentage, and some extra spending was cut back by way of perks, etc, but that's typical for any healthy functional profitable company.

Continue to lead from the top down, keep your ears open to suggestions and allow feedback that is healthy to assist in the growth and prosperity of your company. Continue to offer excellent perks to those who show Best Effort.

lots of training, good national accout managers

Former Employee - Field Account Representative  in  Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Field Account Representative in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at HD Supply full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benifits, good industry recognition, great product line

Cons

lack of experence in management

Hire managers with experience

still trying to find their place in the wholesale

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Orlando, FL

I have been working at HD Supply full-time for more than a year

Pros

great managers the company good benefits the good pay

Cons

corporate change in directions regarding market share causes confusion within the ranks.
    stop trying to capture all the business and focus on the business you have to solidify you're standing in that channel

monthly council meetings with all levels including entry level would help.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disappointed in management

I worked at HD Supply

Pros

Location is great (San Diego), the facility and environment were very positive. I liked the ability to talk with anyone in the organization from the top down.

Cons

Management did not have clear direction. I started with no clear directive and really thought they were innovative in there approach (IT). That was not the case they were to focused on other priorities.

Long Working hour

I have been working at HD Supply full-time

Pros

People friendly. Good working environment.

Cons

Long working hour. Systems are too complicate.

Excellent Environment to Work in

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at HD Supply as an intern for less than a year

Pros

As an Intern, most companies give you useless projects to do. At HDS I fel incredibly involved in every aspect of my department. The people are amazing and you really feel like you are a part of a big family. The company seems to truly care about their ideals and pushes every associate to succeed.

Cons

Changes are incredibly slow to come about because of the high number of managers. There are, in my opinion, too many layers of management to allow for an effectively run machine.

Run fast when they try to recruit you!

Current Employee - Senior SAP Functional Analyst  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior SAP Functional Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at HD Supply full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

San Diego is a beautiful area with plenty to do on the weekend. Pricey yet still very nice for Southern California.

Cons

The place is plagued with EX GE stooges and Bain Capital flunkies who don't care about nothing but profit. Benefits suck, 401k sucks and the lack of clear direction hurts the organization. Lots of layers of people who don't do anything but manage pivot tables and PowerPoint slides. Company has potential once it sheds itself of incompetent management who can make a profit and care about its employees by providing decent compensation and bonus. This is "Not" a fun place to work! Don't be fooled by the volleyball nets out front. Layoffs are always happening here when profitability is not met. Don't believe anything you are told here. Run fast when the try to recruit you!

There is no advice as the management do not care. You are just another "Cog" in the proverbial wheel. I read the reviews before coming and should have taken my other offers as this place truly sucks!

Friendly

Former Employee - Delivery Driver  in  Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Sarasota, FL

I worked at HD Supply as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Liked the job, friendly, like family

Cons

Nothing bad that I can think of except they hired someone from inside for my temp, position, can't blame them.

HIRE AND FIRE

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New Braunfels, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Braunfels, TX

I worked at HD Supply full-time for less than a year

Pros

Not many, due to the fact that we were unable to see how good *as they say* the benefits were!

Cons

That they hired a group of people for a position that after a month decided to "restructure" and let them all go. These people left other good jobs for the opportunity to "grow" within the company that they say promotes from within, when really they just put 13 people out of work after a month of working and trying hard.
    Not good practice. They did not try and offer them another position somewhere in the company they waited until the middle of the day to let them go.

Make sure you have a long term position available before you hire people, ask them to leave their current employment to work for you and then let them go after a month.

Outside Sales

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Atlanta, GA

I worked at HD Supply full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Big company will the benefits of a large company

Cons

Micromanaged, poorly overseen, inability to get items customers ordered, etc

Train

Worked for HD Supply? Contribute to the Community!