HD Supply

HD Supply Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

HD Supply CEO Joe DeAngelo

Joe DeAngelo

Pros
  • Lots of good people still work there who are very good at what they do(in 6 reviews)

• Branch level associates are great people that are fun to work with(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has no clue about whats going on in the field(in 6 reviews)

• Communication between the lines of business is poor(in 3 reviews)

Practices Intimidation

Credit (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsGood customers. Work hours can be good for some.

ConsOur Area Manager left. We are now stuck with uneducated, rude regional management who cries often and believes positive quotes and books will make up for lacking sincere people skills. We are threatened about morale and our conversations with each other and National management actually lurks around trying to listen and is very manipulative= beware. If you want job security expect to have to tell on fellow employees. HR is new, unexperienced, unequipped and over their head. Lastly be prepared regional management is so worried about what sales thinks that there will be rude tantrums to us.

Advice to Senior ManagementRegional Management no one wants to ask you anything, so if we do don't be so condescending! It's always condescending or crying. Corporate, please get us better management. Is it legal to rate us by our Be Healthy involvement on reviews? Healthcare is now way too expensive!

Corrupt GE Alum leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNot a darn thing at all.

ConsGE glass ceiling. Very very undiverse Infrastructure department that makes all of the technical decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you don't care, just sell the company to someone who does.

Disappointed and feel like they discriminate against women

ProsCasual Dress
    Flex Schedule
    Off Weekends
    Free Water

ConsAll about upper management. Any awards your co-workers have to "nominate" you for.which no one wants to nominate you! All upper management is constantly promoted, winning awards and trips, newsletters about them. It's all BS. No room for growth. Barely any women in the company in serious positions. Most in admin or assistant positions. Every branch runs like there own company.

Advice to Senior ManagementWay too many chiefs, not enough indians. Treat your employees better. No one wants to promote or nominate for doing a good job so stop the BS awards. Managers have their heads in the clouds. No clue what is happening in the branches, since they all work remote. Not enough awards in sales. Train your outside people correctly instead giving them months to "learn" the business.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Has slipped to the worst company I have ever worked for.

Customer Care Supervisor (Current Employee) Santee, CA

ProsThe company is profitable and as long as you keep your mouth shut and work your behind off then you will do fine. Some of the co-workers are the best people I would care to know.

ConsThe reason why you work so hard and still can not do it all is because of favorites who stand around talking and eating with their bosses while everybody else picks up the slack. I've heard some associates describe it as a bullying atmosphere and think that is a fair analogy. It is cliquey, like a school and lead by teams of bullies (i.e. management) who make your daily life a living hell. Then they expect you to rave about or sell HD Supply??

Advice to Senior ManagementI can not say enough bad about our management, including H.R. They are just asking for a lawsuit and when it happens not if it happens they will deserve it. Management lies, cheats, and steals from its own employees. They feel entitled and their is no way to challenge their authority. Management would never allow their loved ones to be treated the way they treat their employees. It was a pretty good company years ago, but has continually become worse over the years and months. Profit Over People - this is no Costco to work for.

Adequate pay for a dead end job, terrible job.

Cashier (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsFor the pay, like a summer job, and some work experience. The one in Santa Clara hires just about anyone if they pass the drug test. Usually there are a few nice people to be around, and can usually enjoy working there when not having to deal with the leads and management.

ConsTerrible management. They play favorites. And at the Santa Clara one, females get favored over males. They have set schedules that do not change. So it can be difficult as a student to try and work and get the classes needed. And unless you are favored, don't expect any progression for a career. They constantly lose employees. Soon that $10 an hour isn't worth it in the long run.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new management. And basically new employees, so you can revamp your store so you can keep employees. Also set scheduling is ridiculous. Especially if the majority of your employees are college students, like your Santa Clara store. No wonder you almost hire anyone.

Don't go here

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOrlando is a great location although the headquarters is located in a rather unsafe part of downtown Orlando. Good workout facility.

ConsVery negative culture, full of passive aggressive behaviors from executive leadership. Run like an old style GE company and a very cut throat environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementFake it until you make it is not a viable leadership strategy. Own your mistakes, don't ask employees to fix divisional relationships you have damaged.

Worst company I ever worked for.

Shipping (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsYou got paid for working there. Most of the employees were easy to get along with. You got paid for working there.

ConsJoe De Angelo is letting management run the company in the ground. They play favorites, they have gotten rid of most of all the senior employees to save money, lower management is scared to voice an opinion or take up for their workers. This company will not be in business in 2 years. You can't treat people like they do and remain in business. What goes around comes around.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of Joe DeAngelo. How he can stand by and let management treat the employees like they do is irresponsible. If I were an owner in this company I would sell before it is devalued to nothing. If you want to know the truth just talk with all the loyal employees that you got rid of just so you could hire new employees and pay them less. Being loyal serves no purpose anymore. I could name names but that would do no good without someone caring. I do know that everyone working there now would leave in a heartbeat if they could find another job. If the economy ever improves you will have to hire a whole new crew.

The bad company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Norcross, GA

ProsJust for the overtime hours

ConsThe way of the management run this warehouse so bad that they talked about the problems every single work day but they didn't nothing to fix the problem at all. Also there was so much in favor person that they just give higher job position for their favor persons or friends only. If you were th hard work person and you try to apply for better position they wouldn't let you have it. they tried to keep you at where you worked.

Awful, Computer system antiquated, resources limited, management scared of their shadow

Purchasing (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

Prosmoney is decent, company is growing?

Consexecutives have management running scared

Was outstanding untill you show your true potential

Warehouse Associate1 (Former Employee) Beech Grove, IN

ProsHelps keep you physically active, something new everyday. Good pay and benefits. but too much backstabbing, and holding you down.

ConsIf your GREAT at your job, they get threatend and fire you. Don't uniformly enforce "policies" except to fire you

Advice to Senior ManagementDo to all what you do for one. Don't see good work as a threat. listen to your employees carefully

Worked for HD Supply? Contribute to the Community!