HD Supply Reviews

1. Not difficult

Current Employee - Associate Floater in Gardena, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Floater in Gardena, CA

I have been working at HD Supply part-time

Pros

Fairly straight forward all general questions of prior experience and reasons for working for company

Cons

No complaints all fairly simple and straight forward

Advice to Management

Allow opportunity for associates to grow and rid management of favoritism.

May Want to Pass on This Company...

Former Employee - Accountant II in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Accountant II in Atlanta, GA

I worked at HD Supply (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pros: a lot of exposure to different software packages that can be beneficial for future opportunities.

Cons

The company is very unstable, debt heavy, and barely, if at all profitable on an operating basis, which leads to an environment of feeling what's next to please the shareholders - more cuts, job losses? Although opinions can change greatly between departments, from my experience, the political environment is very heavy (this may be due to the point above). Even the lowest managers are always looking up with little regard to those lower in the food chain. Frequent management changes/high turnover. Summary: The unstable environment leads to a very stressful atmosphere - who knows where and when the next cut will occur.

Advice to Management

Focus on your internal customers/employees just as much as you do your external ones.

Lost focus of associate

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at HD Supply

Pros

Great co workers that are passionate about the business

Cons

Used to be a great place to work. Since going public focus is on stock and the not the morale of the team. Benefits are sub par yet performance expectations thru the roof.

Advice to Management

Please bring passion of the associate to forefront and invest in better benefits

Field Account Representative

Former Employee - Filed Accouint Representative in City Industry, CA
    Former Employee - Filed Accouint Representative in City Industry, CA

I worked at HD Supply full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay. Set your own schedule, pre existing customer base. Good benefits. Lots of training from manufacturers and within the company.

Cons

A lot of stress since the company went public a couple of years ago. Low morale since the company purged more than 300 employees in July of 2014 and continued dismissal of key employees.

Advice to Management

Make the job fun again. It's hard to focus on your job when you are constantly worrying about when your time is going to come in terms of being let go.

senior graphic designer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at HD Supply

Pros

Wonderful staff, lots of vacation, sick time, wellness time. Low pressure, easy going environment.

Cons

No opportunity to advance. Most senior staff are lifers due to the tons of time off. Any request for improvements are labeled as complaints and whining. Staff is treated with little professional respect. Any employee in the company who has a design direction gets to tell the designers what to do. There is no weight given to the designers ideas or input. One must agree with any and everyone in order to keep people happy.

Advice to Management

Listen to the staff, treat them with respect. Most of us have degrees in design and are well qualified to provide profitable sales oriented, informed direction.

HD Supply Response

May 5, 2015 – HR Leader

Thank you for your response. We understand that talented, committed associates are the heart and soul of HD Supply. We strive to develop and empower best of the best talent by listening, learning ... More

7. Good company to work for

Former Employee - Product Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Product Specialist in Tampa, FL

I worked at HD Supply full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solid product offering, great employees, customer first mentality

Cons

computer systems are a little behind the times. Website needs to be stronger. Some divisions have virtually no ecommerce capability. Company doesn't allow new initiatives enough time to bear fruit and as a result lays off capable and competent employees when these initiatives are ended prematurely.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep your employees happy. Update the Ecommerce capabilities of some of your divisions. Don't be so quick to shut down new ventures and shed valuable employees.

8. Customer Service Representive

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New Braunfels, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New Braunfels, TX

I have been working at HD Supply full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly atmosphere. Relatively easy job Good benefits. Good new style corporate philosophy. Good mix of old and young.

Cons

Sit down too much, so need to exercise.

Advice to Management

Very helpful

HD Supply Response

May 5, 2015 – HR Leader

Thank you for acknowledging the excellent culture we strive for at HD Supply. We agree that we have a very well diverse population of associates that helps to make our culture so great.

Working in the warehouse doing material handling.

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate

I have been working at HD Supply part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Large company that has a steady stream of business. They are flexible with schedules if you are a student. You get to operate power equipment.

Cons

It is usually a harsh environment to work in. You could be working in extreme cold or the opposite extreme heat. You will breath dust containing who knows what all day.

Advice to Management

Some management do not work together too well. This does not send a good message to employees. I always heard supervisors talking bad of each other.

Easy job

I have been working at HD Supply full-time

Pros

Easy job. Just need attention to detail. I have worked for three different branches. Facilities, White Cap and Interior Solutions

Cons

Management has been for the most part, iffy. White Cap was ok, Interior solutions has been good. However Facilities was horrible. Boss would tell you to hurry up your orders every hour or so, then tell you to slow down for accuracy of picks. Any mispicks would be returned, however, one mispick and you were in bosses office. Many workers dragged their feet. Supervisor of the warehouse would typically pass the blame. Averaged a 12 hour day. Seemed to have little reward. Hence why I bounced around.

Advice to Management

Get better managers. You're a billion dollar corporation so protect your employees more and you will have a loyal crew.

11. Great company that puts employees first and deliver true value to our customers.

I have been working at HD Supply full-time

Pros

Always thinking about how we can be the best for our customers and doing so by supporting and caring about every employee. Best supply company out there!

Cons

Work load can be intense for some, but I like it that way so not a con. Expensive healthcare, but not really at the fault of the company either.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and our family culture.

RSS Feed </> Embed