HDFC Bank

HDFC Bank Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2014

HDFC Bank Managing Director Aditya Puri

Aditya Puri

Pros:
  • "brand name, it adheres strick policies and guidlines and maintains transparency"
    in 32 reviews
  • "Good Company to work for as this is having good brand name in the market"
    in 16 reviews
Cons:
  • "There may be instances where work - life balance will be out of bounds due to increasing work load"
    in 27 reviews
  • "No work life balance, working hours are not fixed"
    in 15 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Worst experience of my career

Senior Manager HDFC Bank (Former Employee)
    Noida (India)

ProsBeing a mammoth and process-oriented bank with huge client base, I'm sure there are lot of things to learn. Just that the old hands in the bank wouldn't let you survive to learn.

ConsI quit that bank after working for 3 months as a Senior Manager. Sales dept. constantly works under boiler room pressure wherein see themselves and subordinates as liability for the branch. You'll be lost for good initial days and no one will help/guide you. Then suddenly the pressure for performance will elevate out of no where. You can't disagree with your seniors, healthy debate is a big no-no for their ego. Ops dept. works like they are a part of some sarkari daftar. No accountability. Customers constantly nag about HDFC's pathetic service and even non-integrity of mis-selling employees. HR is least bothered about employee welfare. They are too busy to even ask for the resigned employee for the exit interview. And then they crib about 25% attrition.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the top rotten management layer of the branch banking and then move down gradually. I have seen employees reluctant to smile at work because their boss doesn't like 'Indiscipline'!! If you think bottomline figure is what really matters in corporate arena, wait for best of your intellectual property to flee to other better work places.

I have come to know how to cheat people rich and poor poor can be cheated easily rich can be cheated slowly

Credit Card Tele Caller (Current Employee)

ProsTo learn hindi from poor customer s

ConsYou would know the salary of all Indian employees

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not dream too much ...you r old

Organisation with no values and no recognition of your endless work

Retail Banking (Current Employee)
    Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

ProsYou will stretch your working capacity due to extreem pressure of target....endless work..You will come to know about yourself that you can work for 12 hours.

ConsNo existance of HR..employee is exploited by his supervisor but there is no check by the HR. No recognition of work after serving precious years of life for the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease focus on employee welfare inspite of business targets..employee is the key for the organisation's sucess.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Regional Product Manager

Regional Product Manager (Current Employee)
    Mumbai (India)

Prosthere aren't any .. even if there were a few they are heavily outweighed by the cons

Consworst language that could be used to communicate
    slave - Master attitude of seniors
    bad paymaster for lateral hiring

Advice to Senior Managementconsider learning cultured communication
    leave frustration of domestic matters at home
    respect human beings

HDFC BANK

Teller (Current Employee)
    Delhi (India)

ProsNo Pros are there for the company at all.

ConsToo Much pressure of insurance even for the tellers
    No Increment of salaries on the basis of good operations and experience.Too much favoritism.
    Worst working environment.
    Hr doesn't listen to staff problems

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher Management should listen to the people at the ground level.Especially tellers.

Its like working in a corporate UNDERWORLD...

Deputy Manager (Former Employee)
    Dāhānu (India)

ProsYou must be joking....where r d Pros ?

ConsNo social life. Bank is interseted in only INSURANCE products. Customers r fooled & looted. Worst job ever.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease concentrate on pure banking. Stop Selling INSURANCE. Stop blackmailing Employees. Poor people are cursing you. One day u will be HISTORY. No place for Honest people, only those who sell INSURANCE r promoted.

Just the Tag I Guess!

Assistant Manager-IT (Current Employee)
    Mumbai (India)

ProsCompany is best for customer and clients.
     U will get to learn a lot in every corner.
    Professionalism is good you will be on time for work.

ConsU would be lucky if you get to work under a good BOSS.
    Very bad work environment.
    Bonus is not at all good n growth is very slow.
    Bosses are not bothered about your work, they need a puppet under them, no matter how good you work. No matter what are your performance
    Annual appraisal are all Planned, its just up to your boss, only his special people are bound to get good rating.
    Company is depended on Vendors. IT is just for the word.

Advice to Senior ManagementVery bad work environment.
    Bonus is not at all good n growth is very slow.
    Does HR listens know how upper management are

Worst Employer to Work in India

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
    Noida (India)

ProsThere's not much to say in favor of The Origination from my side, I just couldn't find even a single positive word to be said out of my working experience with Organisation. But yes there is a lot learning provided u are in a good role

ConsI would truly Rate HDFC bank as the worst Employer, If you want to work with respect and Dignity, It is not the right place for You, A Employee may can tolerate a kinds of pressure but won't like to be scolded by his/her seniors on every day basis. Managers will treat you like labours. Not only will they get the excessive work done from You but will torture all you with Bad words as well, Now, Getting the work done is OK, I mean that is we are here for, but listening to all those words directly impact your sentiments, hurts your self respect, demoralize you in every way. Besides Organisation believes in 10 hours of working for 6 days of week. and you'll automatically stretch for 2-3 hours(12-13 hours of work everyday) everyday, atleast 22 days you will. And to add even if have a doctor's appointment and wants to leave 1 hour early just for 1, you are responded by manager:- "CHUTTI KYU NAI LI". WTF i mean after stretching almost every day I am just asking you to leave early for a day and this is certainly not the response i am expecting. "COMPLETELY UNPROFESSIONAL".Words for Manager :- Please learn to respect people, if you want to give a message, please take him to a cabin and don't start on floor with 100 people watching you both, You definitively need to learn how to manage, you are completely incapable to motivate people below you. Please be little proactive, Polite to the people respect them. Now when I resigned, I clearly conveyed all these words to my manager just to make my colleagues life a bit better, as all of them are also frustrated, but found not even a single change while serving my notice period. Even an Illiterate can get the work done by hook and crook, and if you consider yourself literate, use management ways, lead by example, not by abusive words. Words to AVP:- Sir, I did't communicate much with you as you were always very busy in your comfy cabin. I just wished if you ever cared to ask for the feedback of your manager from his team, things would not have been so difficult.
    To Management :- a lot of experience but completely lack management skills, Can't keep their staff happy, as i found not even a single person happy on the floor, so my opinion is not Biased at all.

Pathetic work culture...

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
    Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

ProsIt has a brand value..

ConsNo career growth...No work life balance...

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing...

worse than worse

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood salaries and bonuses, conditions apply. depends the rappo u share with manager

Conshr is weak, high sales pressure, harrasement from seniors, corrupt management

Advice to Senior Managementreframe ur hr policies and start a compliance cell for employees for grievances

Worked for HDFC Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HDFC Bank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for HDFC Bank CEO Aditya Puri. All 434 reviews posted anonymously by HDFC Bank employees.