HDFC Bank Reviews

Updated September 14, 2014
3.1

HDFC Bank Managing Director Aditya Puri
Aditya Puri

Pros
  • brand name, it adheres strick policies and guidlines and maintains transparency (in 35 reviews)

• Good Company to work for as this is having good brand name in the market (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance is a challenge if one happens to be in far off locations (in 28 reviews)

• No Work life balance in totality (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

Not a good company

Former Employee - Customer Service Department  in  Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Department in Bangalore (India)

I worked at HDFC Bank full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

No pros with this group. No benefits to the customers.

Cons

HDFC is ridiculous. I am trapped with these blood suckers. Got loan on very attractive rate at 10.25%, but slowly and gradually they increased the rate of interest to 12% without intimation. After 3 year when I visited their branch and enquired about it. They said I have to pay Rs25,000 to reset my base rate. Which I paid and my based rate and my ROI came back to 10.50%. After 6 months they again started the same trick, gradually and slowly increased the rate of interest by incrementing it by 0.25% every quarter. Again currently I am paying ROI of 11.75%, whereas I am still able to see on various websites they are claiming to give loan on 10.15% to new customers.

Improve your operational efficiency and reduce some greed.

Stimulating, upholder of work ethos & integrity

Current Employee - Branch Head  in  Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Branch Head in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at HDFC Bank full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Encouraging, pace-setter, compensation, learning curve is apt, large areas of opportunities

Cons

work life balance is a challenge if one happens to be in far off locations

Mentoring to be more robust.

HDFC Bank is the best as a brand name for job seekers

Current Employee - Deputy Manager  in  New Delhi (India)
    Current Employee - Deputy Manager in New Delhi (India)

I have been working at HDFC Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good exposure, working hours are now limited, good learning experience, very good in processes.

Cons

Hard pressure & stress is given to employees by the senior management, uses abusive language, HR has no role, most of the staff working in branches are not satisfied and there is no standard level for salaries for the employees.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Brand

Current Employee - Personal Banker  in  Delhi (India)
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Delhi (India)

I have been working at HDFC Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Brand Image is very good in market

Cons

Too much sales pressure on branch employees other than the sales team

Let people learn before asking them for targets

Very Bad

Current Employee - Personal Banker  in  Calcutta (India)
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Calcutta (India)

I have been working at HDFC Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Learning experience is good.
    Organisation is process oriented.

Cons

Sales pressure, especially Life Insurance sale is enormous. People sell insurance here in the name of fixed deposit and 80C tax saving fixed deposit. Signature forging is rampant, Employees are always threatened for PIP, odd transfers or which may extend to the level of getting fired if someone is not able to sell life insurance(referred "as fall on the line or fall from the line"). Issuance of HR memos are very common for slightest of mistakes. Management at times are abusive. Operations staff are looked down upon. They are referred to as BAU (Business As Usual) employees and are always threatened for downgrading their ratings for not doing sale. Internal Job Watch is there for name's sake even though advertised ceremoniously as if someone is applying for it, he/she is treated with utmost humiliation. Working hours are officially recorded in tandem with the existing Labor Laws, however, the employees are forced to sit late till the sales objectives are getting met. Salary is very much biased for the same grade of employees and for the same type of profile. Sycophancy and politics is rule of the day. Management technique is archaic " Carrot and Stick approach" and perception driven.

none

very bad culture esp in branches

I worked at HDFC Bank

Pros

they offer decent packages but again culture in branches is really bad.

Cons

very bad culture. they are frauds as employees here do fake signatures of customers to get insurance and stuff

sales pressure is too high

I have been working at HDFC Bank

Pros

Disciplined, Big brand , Huge Customer base, Great incentives

Cons

sales pressure some times hinders customer service, too much focus on processes which makes the system look archaic

Clients have started understanding sales tactics. Need to focus more on the over all servicing for clients

a brand name in the private banking segment but not employee friendly.

Former Employee - Deputy Manager  in  Kannauj (India)
    Former Employee - Deputy Manager in Kannauj (India)

I worked at HDFC Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. having a brand organisation attested to your CV adds one's value in the job market.
    2. leadership aspect of an individual is tested to the core in such a organisation.

Cons

1. No training is provided for the employees located in the semi-urban branch segments.
    2. Transparency is another issue that needs to be addressed upon in this organisation.

1. The management should make regular con-calls with all the employees cutting across various levels ranging from a Assistant Manager to a Branch Manager.
    2. The management should work towards making the organisation more employee friendly.

I have come to know how to cheat people rich and poor poor can be cheated easily rich can be cheated slowly

Current Employee - Credit Card Tele Caller
    Current Employee - Credit Card Tele Caller

I have been working at HDFC Bank

Pros

To learn hindi from poor customer s

Cons

You would know the salary of all Indian employees

Do not dream too much ...you r old

Worst experience of my career

Former Employee - Senior Manager HDFC Bank  in  Noida (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Manager HDFC Bank in Noida (India)

I worked at HDFC Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Being a mammoth and process-oriented bank with huge client base, I'm sure there are lot of things to learn. Just that the old hands in the bank wouldn't let you survive to learn.

Cons

I quit that bank after working for 3 months as a Senior Manager. Sales dept. constantly works under boiler room pressure wherein see themselves and subordinates as liability for the branch. You'll be lost for good initial days and no one will help/guide you. Then suddenly the pressure for performance will elevate out of no where. You can't disagree with your seniors, healthy debate is a big no-no for their ego. Ops dept. works like they are a part of some sarkari daftar. No accountability. Customers constantly nag about HDFC's pathetic service and even non-integrity of mis-selling employees. HR is least bothered about employee welfare. They are too busy to even ask for the resigned employee for the exit interview. And then they crib about 25% attrition.

Change the top rotten management layer of the branch banking and then move down gradually. I have seen employees reluctant to smile at work because their boss doesn't like 'Indiscipline'!! If you think bottomline figure is what really matters in corporate arena, wait for best of your intellectual property to flee to other better work places.

Worked for HDFC Bank? Contribute to the Community!