HEICO Reviews

Great company culture - Management really cares about their employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hollywood, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL

I have been working at HEICO full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company culture
    Flexible hours
    Lot's of social activities
    Annual Bonuses

Cons

I can't think of any!

Dissatisfied former employee of Niacc

I worked at HEICO full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly staff and friendly customer service

Cons

management is reluctant to keep talent

Great, fast paced company

Former Employee - Operations Analyst  in  Hollywood, FL
    Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Hollywood, FL

I worked at HEICO full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strongest competitor in the market

Cons

Lower compensation, no strong annual review process

Ensure your managers remember to manage their people- not just their parts/reports

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My worst job experience ever

Current Employee - Finance  in  Hollywood, FL
    Current Employee - Finance in Hollywood, FL

I have been working at HEICO full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent bonus potential if selected

Cons

Weak and inept management, borderline unethical, terrible work environment, micro-management, nepotism

Leave the dark ages, start with a clean slate

Excellent place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at HEICO full-time for more than a year

Pros

Heico is the parent company of about 50 smaller companies that fall into one of five divisions or groups. I can only comment on Radiant Power Corporation, which falls under the Electronics Technologies Group, and is located in Sarasota, FL. The individual companies are pretty much left to there own devices, with Heico only dictating top level HR policies (insurance, security, safety, etc.) to the individual companies. I must say it has been a joy working for Radiant. From what I understand, they went through a leadership change shortly before I started working here. I believe that the company (Radiant, not Heico) was on its last leg, so to speak, when they hired the current president. And he, along with others that were brought on under his tenure, have completely transformed the place. The growth just in my short tenure has been phenomenal. If you want to work hard and be rewarded accordingly, this just might be the place for you.

Cons

None so far. The only concern I see for the future is space for all of the expansion to come.

Keep up the good work

Decent salary, great bonus (if you get it), but little to no growth.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hollywood, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL

I have been working at HEICO full-time

Pros

It's in a nice part of the country. The executives seem like nice people (you're likely too insignificant to really anger them ever). Most of the office area is pretty nice. Work Hard / Play Hard mentality. Salary can be competitive if you negotiate well. Bonus is great. It can be up to 10% of your salary even at lower levels. There are a lot of different products to work on. Some management is good, others are terrible. If you can get yourself a good salary, you can live in a nice area, but don't expect anything long term, because you may not ever see a raise (even after 3-4 years of good work).

Cons

With that, raises have no structure. Some areas get them, others never seem to get them. It all depends on who the boss is.

Two types of bad management. The bullies and the innept. There are a few that are totally clueless. Also, the reality is that the true "managers" aren't managers by title, they're the Business Unit Leaders, Directors, or VP's. The title of Manager is pretty much useless. They have to fill out some paperwork, but they usually have no power (i.e. can't give raises, can't authorize almost anything). All they can do is OK your vacation it seems. They'll fire people if you basically don't just do whatever they want when they want it. There are only a few exceptions.

The executives need to flow down what they want better. It seems like it all dies in middle management. A lot of bitter employees aren't being taken care of. This affects the bottom line, which is the only thing most seem to care about. Also, the nepotism needs to be carefully reviewed. In some cases, it's fine, due to people being in different units, but in others, it's blatently unethical. I guess no one cares so long as they can hire new employees and keep making money.

Very unprofessional working environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at HEICO

Pros

Pay is higher than most places, bonuses.

Cons

Very unprofessional work environment. Favoritism and nepotism between management and employees. Special treatment if you are in the right clique. Little to no communication between managment and employees. Incompetent supervisors and managers. Much gossip and backstabbing. No value placed on good work ethics. Policies and procedures mean nothing there - not enforced - waste of paper that its written on. Management does not want any conflict or problems brought to their attention due to the fact that it brings to light their incompetencies as leaders. This could be a very good place to work and has the potential to be more profitable if current management and supervisors were replaced with ones who had a backbone or skills to address and correct the working environment that exists. Corporate needs to be aware of the theft that occurs daily in terms of the money being wasted by keeping office employees who do little to no work, spend most of their days taking care of personal business whether it be online shopping or hours on personal calls, spending time socializing or excessive time off. Morale amongst employees is extremely low due to the "special" treatment bestowed upon those "special" few. A lot of animosity and distrust. If you are someone with a strong work ethic you would be very discouraged and stressed on a daily basis. On the other hand, if you prefer a circus like atmosphere that does not require you to do much work and are willing to suck up to the right supervisor or manager, then this is the place for you. Be prepared to put up and shut up or you will be out the door.

Corporate needs to take notice of the mismanagment at Future. Unannounced visits would be good. Replacement of current management/supervisors and slackers could make Future Aviation a much better place to work.

Disjointed and Disorganized

Current Employee - Finance  in  Hollywood, FL
    Current Employee - Finance in Hollywood, FL

I have been working at HEICO

Pros

The people that work at Heico are absolutely great people. It's the best place I've ever worked in terms of the people that I worked with. Also, bonus is pretty good compared to other companies

Cons

Heico is a publically traded company that is dominated by a few people. They have the autonomy to practically do what they want.

HR has absolutely no power in the company so things that shouldn't be happening often does.

Upper management is a click and if you are not apart of it then do not expect any advancement no matter how well you have performed. Bonus is often dependent on how much your manager likes you.

Most of upper management have been there for 15 or 20 years. All they know is the Heico way and do not listen to any new ideas that do not conform to the traditional way they do business.

Systems are antiquated. Everything is VERY manual.

Little to no African American representation. Only one african American Manager in the entire organization who was actually got their role because they were already in it when Heico acquired them. No African Americans in upper management at all!

I personally think they entire upper management team needs to be broken up

Misleading Job Descriptions

Former Employee - Project Engineer  in  Hollywood, FL
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Hollywood, FL

I worked at HEICO

Pros

Decent Benefits and great job stability. The business model of the company promotes stable long term growth and a belief that the company will be around for many years.

Cons

I worked for the Jet Avion division. The management at that division constantly used threats as a job motivator. "Fix it or go find another job" was heard twice a week at least. Even when somebody said, "I already had" they didn't stop. They also were misleading about the nature of the job I was hired for and didn't like that I pointed out that the job that I was told I had and the job that I was told to do was different. The first week I worked there three co-workers told me what a great place it was to work at a few years ago. (That was before some new management came aboard. Then, it "turned into a nightmare".) While I was there three people gave notice, moved to other divisions and asked me to help them find jobs elsewhere. If you have other options, skip the Jet Avion division. Go elsewhere.

When turnover reaches two people per week for more than a month maybe you should do some self analysis. You have management that is more concerned with control than with meeting the bottom line.

Politics more important than anything else

I worked at HEICO full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good products, with a formerly excellent team. Most of the old employees have left in the last 2-3 years though.

Cons

Overly political landscape with opportunities only available for senior management's close friends and associates.

Senior management consists only of yes-men - if you do not say what they want to hear you will not be kept around. Current workforce is afraid to say anything that might rock the boat.

Worked for HEICO? Contribute to the Community!