HERE

Updated February 21, 2015
Updated February 21, 2015
3.4

CEO

Pros
  • Work life balance, flexibility within company to change a team, nice people (in 6 reviews)

• The work environment is very friendly (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • We rate people on a bell curve and not on what an employee really contributes (in 3 reviews)

• Too many middle management, wrong guys in higher management level (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Internship tenure with tasks given on BI Tools and coding assignments.

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Burlington, MA

I worked at HERE full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible working hours.
    Great exposure to learning various technologies.
    Awesome place for continual professional development.
    Focused work, delivers on promise and unique quality.
    Inspiration colleagues to work with.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Great experience despite the constant restructuring.

I worked at HERE

Pros

Interesting projects and a lot of talented people to work with. Learnt a ton during my time with HERE/Nokia and had the privilege of working with a very talented team. But you have to be comfortable working in an environment with very frequent changes in structure and direction.

Cons

A lot of churn which caused a lot of frustration to individuals and teams alike. Since the sale of mobile devices to MS, company is trying to re-define its identity. There is a lot of potential, curious to see how it ends up.

Perfect Environment for Tech

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at HERE full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Everything a tech person wants this company has. This company is what you calling a enabler environment for creativity. Benefits are good/great.

Cons

Salaries are low. Promotions are rare.

Compensation department should check market salaries to pull best resources from job market.

Quality Engineer

Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at HERE

Pros

Great benefits and good place to work for people who all ways want to try new technologies and daily challenges. Good Management and free environment.

Cons

i do not think there is any . i Just love to work at Here.

All good.

Disappointed in management

Former Employee - Senior DevOps Engineer in Berkeley, CA
    Former Employee - Senior DevOps Engineer in Berkeley, CA

I worked at HERE full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, awesome team, cool physical technology

Cons

Overall corporate goal is fuzzy, high turn-over in the ranks. Lack of team management left me spinning my wheels without direction or assignments.

Promote a Developer culture, cut management in half

More negatives than positives

Current Employee - Senior Data Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Data Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at HERE full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Solid high-level growth plan
    Good PTO and benefits
    40 hour workweek on development teams

Cons

Below-market salaries
    No clear career paths
    Antiquated telecommuting policy
    Many contractors
    Perks are decreasing
    No equity
    New technologies (e.g., AWS) are poorly documented with little training
    Claims to use Agile methodology, but increasingly deadlines come from above with no explanation

You get who and what you pay for

Agile without listening to stakeholders

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at HERE

Pros

Great people who promote teamwork and support each other in a fast paced environment. Great training and support from the Agile Work Group and a reasonably good work-life balance.

Cons

Leaders take a narrow view and fail to invest in ideas for fear of being perceived as weak. To the detriment of the enterprise, much of the wisdom from experienced leaders is disregarded if favor of the new guard who try to exert influence.

Listening to workers who have expertise will enhance decisions and company value.

Senior Software Engineer Review

I have been working at HERE

Pros

We can manage work load requirements. Even though there might be the technical requirements we don't know, we have enough time for the learning curve for the new technology we have to use. There are not many distractions on our work and we can concentrate what we are doing for the project.

Cons

The requirements were not clear at first when given to development and further discussions are needed further refine it. There is no team sense and everybody is thinking about their own individual development. The manager was no open to share his knowledge with everybody but only to some selected people due to the politics in the team.

The management should think about how to improve close relations within teams support each other. If we don't rectify the politics within team, then there will more mistrust in the team.

It's okay

Current Employee - Geographic Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Geographic Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at HERE full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Generous PTO, flexibility and benefits (though it appears they're decreasing)

Cons

This company is a mess when it comes to training new hires. Unmanageable work loads placed on employees who just walked in the door. Management frequently asks protocol questions of new hires on a regular basis. How are we supposed to know? You're the ones training us! Easy to lose faith in the company's training as a whole when this happens. Also, antiquated technology in field data collection is hard on employee morale. It's frustrating and tedious to get anything done.

With the amount of work delegated to new hires alongside learning the messy in-house software, the pay is insanely low. Revolving door with new hires, and it's pretty obvious why. The only people still here are those that have been around for ten plus years and are racking in the PTO accrual. Otherwise, coming in here is like being handed the keys to a 747 when you don't even have your pilot's license yet. Ready, GO! AAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Good company with great future. Still need to hit the balance between employee work life balance

I have been working at HERE full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great set of leaders. Independence provided to take decisions. Does have the spirit and vision for future. Focus on Lean initiative and driving it as a culture. Focused to reduce administrative efforts.

Cons

"Transition management is great area of improvement. With lots of new stuff changing within and outside the org, the transition management was not upto the mark.
    Being a global company, unable to maintain consistency on common policies which are independent of local laws/restrictions.
    Salary should be better and competitive. This is causing high attrition since most talented resources are moving away for decent packages + compensation"

Stick to the Vision but also need to show care and compassion for employees. At the end of the day, employees only can make the company succeed.