HEUFT

www.heuft.com

HEUFT Reviews

4.6

CEO

Small, tight knit company with an extremely professional yet personal culture...

Current Employee - Field Service Technician

I have been working at HEUFT full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you are a hard worker with a genuine interest in customer satisfaction and excellence in final consumer product quality this company allows you to shine. There are many opportunities to experience a continually challenging and dynamic work environment.

Cons

There is hardly ever a shortage of work, which at times can mean extremely long hours and a myriad of back-to-back travel requirements.

The size and structure of the company allows for only limited advancement in certain departments.

HEUFT USA is a small company with big company benefits and an open door atmosphere

Current Employee - Administrative Manager in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Administrative Manager in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at HEUFT full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for HEUFT USA for over 20 years and although it is a long commute, I will stay at this company until I retire. They offer outstanding benefits comparable to Fortune 500 companies. It is a relaxed atomosphere with great employees. Excellent location, close to major highways and airports. Flexible working schedules and good pay.

Cons

For me, the only con is the long commute.

Strive to perform annual performance reviews. Address problems areas on a timely basis, don't wait till annual performance reviews.

HEUFT has always taken care of me and my family through their sincere appreciation of what I bring to the company!

Current Employee - Technical Service Manager in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Technical Service Manager in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at HEUFT full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Extremely low turnover rate of employees.
    Continues to grow, choosing the RIGHT people for the positions needing to be filled.
    I am retired military, and more than half of my coworkers are ex or retired military, which provide us with that camaraderie.
    The fact that they do hire ex and retired military personnel!
    Outstanding benefits and compensation package, to include the 401K match!
    HR is consistently looking at ways to improve the (the already excellent) conditions and morale of the employees. This includes added benefits and healthcare information.
    For the most part, everyone employed here CARES about how well HEUFT performs and is represented, and takes pride in working for such a great company. They are here for a career and not a J.O.B.!
    No matter how busy someone may be, if someone requests their help with something, they provide that assistance ASAP.
    I personally feel that I have "job security" and management doesn't have to tell me that, I FEEL it!
    I sincerely believe that we make the best product on the market and support it with the best possible support staff; very proud to work here!
    The staff "outings" and teambuilding events are always a great time, sometimes initially "corny", but ultimately very fun!
    The location is excellent, I live very close to work, and the office spaces are large enough where I don't feel cramped in!
    I could continue, but I think you can see that I LOVE working with HEUFT USA, Inc.!!!!!

Cons

Our parent company is in Germany, and although supportive there is a 7 hour time difference between them and us, so getting questions answered usually takes an additional day.

Currently, our service people are also trainers, and although they do a great job in training new hires and our customers, I feel that as we continue to grow we must have a separate training department.

Great Place to work!

Current Employee - Field Service Technician

I have been working at HEUFT full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Job with Benefits and Growth! People are wonderful and very helpful.

Cons

Job requires travel, but you are home weekends and if you need time off, you got it.

Fun and fulfillment

Current Employee - General Manager in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - General Manager in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at HEUFT full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, well managed, significant growth, superior working environment, engaged workplace,
    competitive compensation, focus on people

Cons

Headquarters located in Germany sometimes results in slower response time.

Keep up the proactive strategies.

Enjoyable and chalanging.

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at HEUFT full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Travel benifits, easy to work with schedualing, OJT, work hours and good people.

Cons

The training is not very structured and could use a little more class room trainiong in conjunction with OJT. Location.

When doing OJT make sure the instructor is told to take the time to teach and not rush throught the job, not allowing the trainee time to learn.

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Parts Specialist in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Parts Specialist in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at HEUFT full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Management is fair and open minded. No micro-managing; if you are doing your job and doing it well, they are confident in your abilites.

Cons

No cons and no complaints.

Keep up the good work.

Best equipment in the packaging industry

I have been working at HEUFT full-time

Pros

Great product line.
    Exceptional service group.

Cons

How difficult or stressful situations are handled.

Treat all employees fairly,equitably and respectfully.
    General Advice: If Respect is a two-way street and Loyalty is the main avenue to success and longevity, the intersection where these two roads meet is where any company would want to be.