HFL Reviews

Updated September 1, 2014
Updated September 1, 2014
3.9

CEO

Good First Time Level Sales job.

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at HFL full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people were by far the best thing about this job. They were always nice and fun to hang out with after work.

Cons

The hours were very long and frequently I worked 50+ hours a week. No benefits were offered.

Hard work, great people and an amazing learning experience

Former Employee - Lead Account Manager  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Lead Account Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at HFL full-time for more than a year

Pros

The team atmosphere is unlike one you'll find at any other company. I've been an athlete most of my life and my teammates were always my favorite part about sports; the people who work here are the closest I'll ever get to working with my teammates in the "real world".

You learn a lot really quickly here, personally and professionally. Everyone is supportive and wants to see you succeed. There's tons of opportunity for growth if you're willing to work for it.

Cons

A lot of sales is mental and based on attitude; a good day can go sour quickly if you let it, which can be tough. Part of the learning experience is understanding how to stay positive and control your attitude in order to be productive each day. While that's hard when you're in it, it's awesome to see yourself improve in that respect.

Learn teach grow!

I have been working at HFL full-time

Pros

Hfl has some if the sweetest genuine hardworking individuals I have ever met all of whom have your best interest at heart. There is so much room for growth and tons of opportunity for advancement. With the companies training program there is no reason why one will not grow and advance to bigger and better things.

Cons

Working weekends and the driving.

Nestor Sanchez Chad Harpole Darrian Clark.. Best teachers and business partners to have.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account manager

I have been working at HFL

Pros

I love the company and everyone I work with. I also love the fact that if I work hard I will get to the position I want to be in. Never doing sales before, everyone was willing to help me learn and grow.

Cons

Working on weekends can be a negative but that's the perfect time to gain the most customers.

Work for HFL, I learned a lot about business

Current Employee - Lead Account Manager  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Lead Account Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at HFL full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to work with a lot of motivated people, co workers in the office really want to help and see you do really well. Learned a lot about business and thing in the business world. You have a lot of support all through the company and it's a really comfort feeling when you have everyone In the company on your side.

Cons

You do work on weekends, but in sales I figured I would have to work weekends and put my time in. Not really a con for me but everyday is different are far as in the different places you work, with who you work with and the territory you work. If your the type of person that likes same thing day in and day out then this would be a con for you.

Yes, great opportunity for management and they will even show you the steps on how to get there too. So major room for advice up to management.

Former Employee

Former Employee - Walmart Salesperson  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Walmart Salesperson in Charlotte, NC

I worked at HFL full-time for less than a year

Pros

Your coworkers are awesome thats the only pro.

Cons

From day one you are scammed by this sad excuse for a company. They try to say the position is one thing but it actually is just a salesperson in Walmart. You work 8 hours a day in Walmart, disturbing people and asking them to sign up for directv. You feel like a failure working in this job. It really gets to you having to bug every person that walks by your table. Before you go to walmart everyday, you meet in the office for 2 hours. There the senior employees try and teach you how to sell more. But the fact of the matter is that you cannot make someone buy something they dont want. Especially when you are irritating them while their trying to shop. The business model of this company is atrocious and essentially a pyramid scheme. You are promoted based on the number of people that you have on your team. The more people you hire, the higher you will be promoted. For every person you sign up in Walmart for directv you make $150. This seems great but in actuality you dont get paid that unless the customer has it installed. And you only get paid after the installation date. Most days you will not get a sale. And there is nothing that you do about it no matter how hard they try to push their sneaky lies that they tell you to say to the customers.

Stop scamming your applicants and tell them the ACTUAL job. But you cant because nobody would apply. Run as fast as you can from this position.

I worked here

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at HFL full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really liked the friendly people that worked here and they would help you any way possible.

Cons

Do have to work weekends, but that's sales for you. Had to leave to go back to grad schools, but love the atmosphere of the company.

There is was a lot of room to move up and they wanted you to move up in the company.

I am a former employee, great experience

Current Employee - Entry Level Account Manager  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at HFL full-time for less than a year

Pros

HFL, Inc was a great company to work for. I learned a lot about business while there and worked around a lot of motivated individuals. I left because I was accepted into a program to go back to school out of state.

Cons

You do work weekends, days off are during the week.

There is a good opportunity to advance, they have a management in training program and only promote from within their company.

Worked for HFL? Contribute to the Community!