HGA-Quest Reviews

Updated July 15, 2014
Updated July 15, 2014
2.8

CEO

Good company to work for

Former Employee - Manager  in  Garden City, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in Garden City, NY

I worked at HGA-Quest full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly co-workers
    Good pay
    Great office location

Cons

Stability depends on major contracts, at least while I was there. The lose of a major contract meant major downsizing. Other than that, it was a great company to work for.

Keep expanding.

Started out as good, family company. Now is a poor corporate company.

I have been working at HGA-Quest

Pros

If you like to travel and stay in hotels this is the job for you. Meet a lot of great co-workers from different parts of the country.

Cons

7 yrs no raise and 2 pay cuts. Frequent changes in schedule. No respect for workers in the field.

One rotten apple does not spoil the whole bunch. Management should, at least once every 6 months, spend a week out in the field to see what we do.

Communication

I worked at HGA-Quest

Pros

Good people with experience that will help you when asking but also they're is a lot of haters under cover that don't want to see you grow.

Cons

Adapting to each other ways of getting the job done right on time

Spl training for onsite management, communication .

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Massive disorganization on a grand scale.....DO NOT WORK HERE!!

Current Employee - Senior Project Lead
    Current Employee - Senior Project Lead

I have been working at HGA-Quest full-time for more than a year

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

Where do I start?

-Don't work here, ever!!
    -Company lies to you about everything including territory, number of employees, type of employees, and scope of work.
    -HGA is so afraid of getting sued that PT and FT Field employees cannot be written up or ever fired, even if they refuse to follow directions or just plain don't show up for work.
    -Severe disorganization from senior management....You don't know where you'll be at any given night for the most part and some projects are so complicated and you're so understaffed that you'll never get them done in one night.
    -Lack of support for Project Leads (Sr. Project Leads)....Basically it's "good luck" and "we can't help you with that"
    -HGA picked up Crossmark's old contract and hired all of their disgruntled employees that Home Depot hates!
    -Horrid employees that you didn't hire (almost all ex Crossmark) and can't do anything about because company is afraid of lawsuits.
    -My PT and FT employee could barely get through the night. (ex Crossmark)
    -No ability to hire decent employees...It all goes through NY.
    -If they're mad about you for something, they'll FORGET TO PAY YOU and then say it was a technical glitch.....I was salaried and had to threaten legal action as they "forgot" a week's pay when I had a disagreement with upper management.
    -Dealing with bizarre temp labor every night that may or may not show up or may or may not show up drunk, drugged, or just plain weird. It's like dealing with ex-convicts or parolees.
    -HGA does everything they can to keep Home Depot happy but HD is planning on taking over ALL resets shortly. Your job is going to end soon as the HD contract has less than a year remaining....Also, Home Depot MET mgrs can't stand HGA or their employees since most are ex Crossmark and were originally kicked out of the stores but are back with a new company!
    -No future job stability....HGA has all of their eggs in one basket with the Home Depot and Depot wants HGA out of all of it's stores in less than a year. It's over.
    -You'll wear your car out in a short amount of time.
    -You'll be short staffed continuously and sometimes won't get out of a store until after 10am...That's after starting at 7pm. It's awful and constant night work is draining over years when you're understaffed and temps don't show.

They wouldn't listen to it anyway....Get rid of the rabble you took on from Crossmark and let your Sr. Project Leads have some control of the hiring process. We're stuck with them every night and they're awful to a man. Also, having 1 VP controlling and micromanaging everything isn't working very well. Give your Sr. Project Leads some authority.

Worked for HGA-Quest? Contribute to the Community!