HID Reviews

Excellent

Former Employee - Quality Control Inspector  in  Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Quality Control Inspector in Mountain View, CA

I worked at HID full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good company, nice work and excellent benefits.

Cons

No challenges, very easy going atmosphere.

Run away.

Former Employee - Web Designer  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Web Designer in Irvine, CA

I worked at HID full-time for less than a year

Pros

There's a lot of opportunity to interact with people all over the world because this is a global company.

Cons

Non-communicative, power hungry boss. Increasingly frustrating coworkers. Ostracizing culture. While the pay can be relatively high, it is not enough money for one's sanity.

Consider making sure your management actually knows how to manage a staff with skill rather than fear before promoting them.

Company is in flux

I worked at HID

Pros

They offer good pay and benefits

Cons

The company grew by buying companies. Given that, you would think they would be good at integrating the companies - not. They don't have a culture because they are just lumps of other companies. Now, they are building a new HQ and the culture is new vs old and they are getting rid of the old. They require 40 hours of training a year. This would be a benefit if they told you what types of training qualify - but they don't.

If you are a tall, white, male - you will do well at this company.

Management cares only about management. If you take care of your employees - the numbers will follow.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior financial analyst

I have been working at HID

Pros

Very good pay and excellent benefits; potential for moves within franchises, globally; potential for moves to other divisions.

Cons

Very high work load and stressful environment; management has short term vision; leaders more concerned with bonuses and next promotion rather then long term strategy.

Focus more on your key assets-your employees have long term vision; walk the talk

Good place to work - until they relocate.

I have been working at HID full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They pay for 40 hours training a year - and it is required as part of our performance evaluation. Benefits are on par with similar companies.

Cons

It is a pretty large company but there isn't always a lot of room to move up within the organization. There is a lack of clear policies and procedures for a number of processes which can make coming in and learning difficult.

Make sure the employees are motivated and understand the company's goals and initiatives. Work to put clear policies and procedures exist across all parts of the organization.

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE.

I have been working at HID full-time

Pros

I could not find any pros. Maybe a decent wage and that is about it.

Cons

There is no competent management. You have no leadership to rely on. You are given no training. There is no responsibility on upper management. Upper management sets foot on the floor once in a while and based on that they gauge your work. Good luck trying to be heard. They expect to get immediate results without any type of professional investment on the employees from the company. I would not work for this company again. I am currently searching for an opportunity somewhere else. The upper management has no consideration for employees. Directors of any department expect to show up and have immediate results. The are just looking to further their career and look forward to the bonus they will get at the end of the year. This is the worst company I have worked for. Your hard work will not be valued at all. They want to push you hard but give you no tools to do your job or even advise you as to what you need to learn to do your job. Their is a lot of favoritism and since they are relocating here some people coming with the company give each other favoritism. The company has not structured processes. Almost all the time you try to find answers for something and no one can help you or there is nothing documented that you can rely on to find the answer. You will have to do your job and someone else's since there are a lot of incompetent people working here. You get told to do things that are not even your responsibility and get hammered over something that is someone else's responsibility.

You should prepare the employees better. You should actually offer some kind of formal training. If employees request to meet with upper management you need to at least give a response and instead of never actually meet with the employee. If you are to evaluate your employees you might want to actually have it be done by someone that has seen you the employees effort and work ethic and actually works with you and not someone who has no knowledge of the job and that does not even work with you. You should value employees that bring issues to your attention instead of hammering them for bring things like that to upper management.

Horrible company for I.T

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at HID full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good health insurance… that's about it

Cons

I wish this site allows for half star rather than 1 Star
    Everything is bad, Horrible technology. Security Company that has no Security standards. I.T Staff are being squished al the time due to bad management. The company has the money to buy good technology but they always manage to buy crappy network equipments. Due to so many turn overs around the year the company's I.T infrastructure is Polluted and simply unrepairable.. IF you want to end your Career.. join HID… i've never met any Single I.T person who worked for this place for over 9 month.

Management? Let's get some management to start with.

If a liveable wage were all that mattered, this would have been a good place to work

I worked at HID full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good compensation - great benefits. Good learning experience of what to look for and what to try to avoid in other companies. Some managers and employees supported one another. Good product offered.

Cons

Company is very top-heavy, and many in management care only about furthering their own careers. Many managers simply do not belong in a management role. Company seems to prefer to jump into new endeavors without properly testing or training, which results in confusion internally as well as externally. Management of all levels fails to communicate, and there is also little communication within many departments. Ever-sinking employee morale.

Customer Service Rep-Austin TX

I worked at HID

Pros

The initial phone interview was great, I interviewed with the supervisor and she pointed out all the perks.

Cons

2nd office interview was with staff, they seemed bias with hiring. One was awesome , the other seemed snotty

Add Supervisor with team leads to view actions of staff.

Lack of leadership

I have been working at HID full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The pay and benefits are usually quite competitive. The work atmosphere is generally friendly and relaxed.

Cons

Not much collaboration between teams, which is not good for any company.

Improve collaboration between teams.

Worked for HID? Contribute to the Community!