HJ3 Composite Technologies

James Butler

Wonderful internship experience at HJ3

Former Employee - Marketing Communications Intern  in  Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Marketing Communications Intern in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Realistic expectations of work goals
    CEO knows your name
    A lot of responsibility given to interns
    Friendly and involved environment
    Flexible scheduling and compromising for students
    Supportive feedback and great with constructive criticism
    Construction on freeway exit was completed which reduced the commute time for many people
    Company concerned about your fit at the company and future career building and planning

Cons

Though interns were given a lot of responsibility, the tasks can repetitive.

A great opportunity for interns would be for them to shadow/work within other company departments

HJ3 is a growing company with a great deal of opportunity for growth

Current Employee - Administration/Finance  in  Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Administration/Finance in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Family oriented, great hours, upper management is very helpful, Hard working and fun environment that I look forward to everyday.

Cons

I-10 construction is a huge pain, as well as the 7:45 a.m. train. Sometimes hard to get off interstate.

Keep setting your goals high, It is amazing to see the company as a whole reach our goals and celebrate in our victories. Looking forward to what the future holds for HJ3

HJ3- A company that makes a difference

Pros

Pros - HJ3's product line is exceptional, saving clients money and repairing our failing infrastructure using their patented carbon fiber and advanced composites. HJ3's products have many applications which can save lives & money by repairing and extending the life of essential civil, commercial, residential and industrial structures. Making a difference is a key motivator for me, so if making a difference is important to you, this would be a company to look at. The people are nice and there is a sense of team. HJ3 is a growing company. In this economy that speaks volumes. My manager is wonderful which makes my job even more rewarding.

Cons

Like any growing company, HJ3 is experiencing growing pains. Candidates should be flexible and able to multitask.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dynamic Company with Awesome Team

Current Employee - Accounting Manager  in  Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Accounting Manager in Tucson, AZ

Pros

HJ3 is a dynamic, growing company with amazing employees, clients and vendors. Recently awarded two prestigous awards from Clean-Tech it is a company that has huge potential for growth and advancement for the right people. The right people have a positive attitude with a creative team spirit. The owner is putting together a group of people in all positions field techs, project managers, administrative staff, sales people and managers. Instead of a company that is down-sizing - this is a company that is actually growing! People who are hard-working, honest, positive and creative have an opportunity to help this wonderful company grow and expand - it is an awesome opportunity to be a part of such a team. It offers interns an opportunity to be mentored and have access to a job in their field of study, for entry level people it gives an opportunity to learn and grow, for experienced workers it provides an opportunity to teach and for managers it gives you an opportunity to be a part of a team that encourages collaborative team building. Being on this team provides me the opportunity to be a part of something very, very special and extraordinarily rare - participation in a company that is going very far, very fast.

Cons

I live on the Eastside so the commute is a little long.

Continue to search out for the best of the best. The path of building a bigger company with an outstanding Management Team and supporting staff is an awesome opportunity.
    Good job! Congratulations!

Horrible experience, Engineers beware!

Former Employee - Intern/Design Engineer  in  Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Intern/Design Engineer in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Workers are friendly for the most part...

Cons

Management has no direction and chain of command is very unclear. Very unprofessional communication, attire, engineering standards are bleak, office is loud and can obtain crude humor that is offensive. Would never recommend this company for any section of employment.

Open your door and learn the values of your employees and see what HJ3 needs to progress

HJ3 has been an empowering and enlightening professional experience.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Fast paced growth, career advancement opportunities, experienced and charismatic leadership, open work environment, coworkers who believe in integrity.

Cons

Workload can be intense due to growth and expansion.

Continue to offer mentoring and career advancement opportunities for those that believe in the company mission of relentless quality and to those that produce results.

You will be challenged like never before - be part of a progressive, dedicated team built to achieve results!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Learn to thrive in a thought-provoking culture of dynamic new ideas for business growth and personal development, employees share a high level of personal accountability and commitment to the process, there is a strong belief in the company's future from top to bottom, each team member is expected to make a difference, and there is never a dull day.

Cons

All I can say is that working at HJ3 may not be for everyone - this is definitely a different culture where it takes exceptional, dedicated talent to achieve the company's goals.

Making a difference

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Pros

For the first time in my professional career, I can say I am truly making a difference in the world, and growing into the vision I have for myself. This is a company whose mission it is to save its clients money, plus save resources and lives by providing a cost-efficient way to repair our world's crumbling infrastructure. It is also a company that challenges itself and its employees every day to be better. We all hold ourselves accountable. Each time we reach a new milestone, it is incredibly rewarding and as a team, we know we could not have done it without everyone's contribution.

Cons

If a results-oriented workplace is not your thing, you will not be happy here. If it is, you will thrive. This is a culture that is motivated by constant challenges, and we definitely celebrate the victories.

Feels like a sweat shop!!

Pros

employees
    technology is good, but management needs to understand that people help you sell

Cons

work environment - management manages to keep the environment tensed and under pressure
    zero transparency - its such a small company there would be absolute transparency, but management trusts absolutely no one.
    pay is what the management thinks they want to give.. they don't see your talent or what you are worth. very arrogant management.

People provide value to your company. Learn to respect them! In the least case, respect them as human beings!

Mostly Unpleasant

Pros

- Ok new office
    - Nice, hard-working employees
    - Growth potential in the right hands

Cons

- Arbitrary and moody ownership
    - New office in poor location due to construction and near wastewater treatment plant
    - Average benefits, Low compensation, No performance bonuses
    - Not much professional challenge

Worked for HJ3 Composite Technologies? Contribute to the Community!